Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

someone had to ask about merchandising

(all right, sorry to do it, but I would love a URU Live shirt)

Has there been any talk about merchandising?

I can't go to Mysterium (and it looks like they will be selling the shirts for that online anyway)

do we know if this has been explored at all?  I think it would be great for getting the word out, they'll become collectibles, (of course, I'd love one of the tie-dye shirts).

Of course, now that I mention it, it would depend on the graphics, but Cyan's graphics are always beautiful, so I would hope this would follow suit.  And I know Cyan is busy working on the game, but have any fan groups started putting one together, net proceeds for which could go to Cyan?

Anyone heard anything about this? 

Comments

• ilmgilmg Member Posts: 9
    A T-shirt would be a great idea. It could be offered with the first subscriptions. I don't know if it's planed or not, but other games do that.

• SeaOtterSeaOtter Member Posts: 32
    And if not a fan-based group, would it be Cyan?  GameTap?  I have no idea how these things work.

Perhaps my hope that net profits will go to Cyan is naive, but then I'm a loyal Patagonia customer, so I know these things can work.

When you think of the amount of time many people spend in forums (in addition to playing the game), even a little of that donated time could go toward such a project.  I have the month of August free-ish and like everyone else am hoping to get pinged for Beta testing soon, but if others were interested in starting an URU Live T-shirt (with Cyan's stamp of approval) I could give that a fair amount of time over the next month.

Perhaps getting a little ahead of myself... 

• JevasiJevasi Member Posts: 4

I like would like a T-shirt

• I'd buy a T-shirt if I had money on that particular day (stupid child labour laws...)

• RTRebuilderRTRebuilder Member Posts: 13
    Did Cyan or Game Tap offer any Uru Live T-Shirts at E3?

[Did anyone here go to E3?]

Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can.

I did not.  My only life has been studying for quite a while.  (interestingly, there is no smiley icon for 'embarrassed' here)

Hadn't thought about checking game tap's paraphenalia (if they have any).  I'll see if I can find anything there.

Thanks! 

Sorry to double-post.

I was searching on (yes, ok) URU Live t-shirts and I came across an interesting link I hadn't seen before...

http://www.eblong.com/zarf/uru/newfaq.html

Kind of an Until URU guide for those new to it.

It would be a great tool for those just starting out who don't know anyone or anything about the world, I think.

In any case, not meaning to divert the thread and if I find any URU Live shirts, I'll report back.

• mikrasovmikrasov Member Posts: 3
    I hope they do a better job advertising this time around. Last time i only heard about URU by word of mouth and only saw an add on SCIFI channel. Maybe if they have more shirts and other merchendise then it would work better this time around.

I haven't found a t-shirt yet -- did a Google search and tried Gametap.

If anyone finds something, please let me know! 

Thank you!