Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Future Time Line of Vanguard

Sept 2006: Game launch officially now Winter 2007

February 2007: Game launch announced to be Spring 2007 ("we won't release it until it's ready. btw, game won't have all features promised upon launch. flying mounts for example will be around 2008")

April 2007: Game launches with little media fanfaire. Reviews are tepid... "beautiful vast world, long grind", "very little for casual or solo players to do", "LFG system not effective", "laggy", "designed for 1999 EQ alumni, others need not apply", "death penalty annoying and antiquated"

May 2007: MMOCHARTS announces Vanguard has 200 K subscribers in North America

July 2007: MMOCHARTS announces Vanguard has dipped to 90 K subscribers. Sigil investors are howling blood murder. Employees are leaving for the 12 other MMO startups that launched in the past year.

Dec 2007: SOE announces that it is buying Sigil and Brad has been promoted to COO of SOE, working under Smedley. About 5% of the population has now reached the level cap 50 in their one profession. About 30% are at level 40 or higher. About 50% are at level 30 or higher. Hard core raid guilds control the game economy and advocate on the forums for harsher death penalties and lower buffs.

Jan 2008: Smedley argues internally that Vanguard is a lost cause financially given its current design. Now that SOE has bought out Sigil, they want to squeeze it for as much cash as possible. Several changes are implemented, including:

(1) implemeting Station Exchange across all Vanguard servers so that casuals can buy loot that the raid guilds have horded

(2) XP increased 200% to make it possible to grind to level cap in 1 month, instead of 1 year

(3) diplomacy system simplified to the point of destruction because no casual cares about it or understands it

(4) combat system will be simplified thus rendering all the current armor and weapon loot mediocre as completely new loot is introduced into the game

(5) the combat classes are reduced from 20+ to 9 in order to make the combat more "vanguardsy" and "iconic"

(6) bard classes are eliminated as "non-vanguardsy" but really because they're too difficult to code and to balance and to eliminate all their exploits

June 2008: Vanguard now at 50 K subscribers, servers have consolidated, Brad promoted to President, Smedley promoted to EVP with Sony Pictures. And I ROFL at the vanbois.

Comments

• CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955

We get it. You don't like Vanguard. Please STFU and move on.

• jonakujonaku Member Posts: 281

Originally posted by Copeland

I don't think you get it.

I will be necro'ing this post as my predications come true, month by month, so that I can el oh el. So get ready bucko, this is only the beginning.... :)

• CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955

Originally posted by jonaku

We get it. You don't like Vanguard. Please STFU and move on.I don't think you get it.
    I will be necro'ing this post as my predications come true, month by month, so that I can el oh el. So get ready bucko, this is only the beginning.... :)

Maybe you should focus more on getting a life? It's only a video game.

• Deva-stateDeva-state Member Posts: 64

February 2007: Game launch announced to be Spring 2007 ("we won't release it until it's ready. btw, game won't have all features promised upon launch. flying mounts for example will be around 2008")
    April 2007: Game launches with little media fanfaire. Reviews are tepid... "beautiful vast world, long grind", "very little for casual or solo players to do", "LFG system not effective", "laggy", "designed for 1999 EQ alumni, others need not apply", "death penalty annoying and antiquated"
    July 2007: MMOCHARTS announces Vanguard has dipped to 90 K subscribers. Sigil investors are howling blood murder. Employees are leaving for the 12 other MMO startups that launched in the past year.
    Dec 2007: SOE announces that it is buying Sigil and Brad has been promoted to COO of SOE, working under Smedley. About 5% of the population has now reached the level cap 50 in their one profession. About 30% are at level 40 or higher. About 50% are at level 30 or higher. Hard core raid guilds control the game economy and advocate on the forums for harsher death penalties and lower buffs.
    Jan 2008: Smedley argues internally that Vanguard is a lost cause financially given its current design. Now that SOE has bought out Sigil, they want to squeeze it for as much cash as possible. Several changes are implemented, including:
    (1) implemeting Station Exchange across all Vanguard servers so that casuals can buy loot that the raid guilds have horded
    (2) XP increased 200% to make it possible to grind to level cap in 1 month, instead of 1 year
    (3) diplomacy system simplified to the point of destruction because no casual cares about it or understands it
    (4) combat system will be simplified thus rendering all the current armor and weapon loot mediocre as completely new loot is introduced into the game
    (5) the combat classes are reduced from 20+ to 9 in order to make the combat more "vanguardsy" and "iconic"
    (6) bard classes are eliminated as "non-vanguardsy" but really because they're too difficult to code and to balance and to eliminate all their exploits

June 2008: Vanguard now at 50 K subscribers, servers have consolidated, Brad promoted to President, Smedley promoted to EVP with Sony Pictures. And I ROFL at the vanbois.

Your an idiot with no insider info.. Why bother wasting your time, you obviously don't have a clute

Originally posted by Deva-state

Your an idiot with no insider info.. Why bother wasting your time, you obviously don't have a clute

You are correct. I am an idiot. You got me there.

BTW, what's a clute?

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

this thread needs to be locked and deleted, this is obviously just meant as flame bait....to bad the mods probably don't care as usual.

Originally posted by baphamet

this thread needs to be locked and deleted, this is obviously just meant as flame bait....to bad the mods probably don't care as usual.

it's not flame bait. it's a slight exaggeration i admit. but 90% of what i wrote is HONESTLY what i believe will PROBABLY happen in the next year or two. and some peeps are getting mad because they know that i just might be right and that makes them feel fear. and fear leads to anger. and anger leads to hate. and hate leads to the dark side.
  • bedolla3401bedolla3401 Member Posts: 293

"vanguardsy" and "iconic"   lol  uhoh
  • MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489

Here's an example: Flying mounts were NOT promised for launch, and if you don't believe me go read the Game Spot Early Previews. Also, this will be one of the first MMO's to EVER launch with mounts to begin with, so they are WAY ahead of the curve as is.

I'll start my own SWG... with Black Jack... and Hookers!!!

In fact, forget the SWG!!!!

Originally posted by MX13

Here's an example: Flying mounts were NOT promised for launch, and if you don't believe me go read the Game Spot Early Previews. Also, this will be one of the first MMO's to EVER launch with mounts to begin with, so they are WAY ahead of the curve as is.

are you somehow affiliated with the swg e m u?
  • TazzrinTazzrin Member Posts: 10

Let me first start off by suggesting that you get the sand out of your vag Jonaku.

Predictions are only successful by chance. Therefore, predictions don't mean squat. Talk with me after the fact that one of these situations actually goes down and then we could have a legitimate discussion/ argument/ _______ (fill in the blank.)

But, the fact is these forums were not made just so you could post your blood-clot, pessimistic attitude. So, quit it!

• BobiinBobiin Member Posts: 198

In the past year, what is the longest you have been away from your keyboard?  Cause you seem like one of those fat sweaty nerds that just love to el o el and think they "told you so" about a video game.  The world is gonna end, soon. 

--Nyture, Arc Convoker of fironia vie server (EQ) --Retired--
    -- Nytur 39 Conjuror of Lucan D'lere (Quit due to low populations)
    -- Currently playing WoW while waiting for vanguard
    Explorer 66%
    Socializer 60%
    Killer 53%
    Achiever 20%

PLEASE SOE MAKE A CLASSIC EQ SERVER. Shadow of luclin was a prick in EQs side. PoP Was a gun to the face.

• DarkikonDarkikon Member UncommonPosts: 42

LOL...that was one of the more entertaining OP's I've read. Funny :)

This forum is about entertainment and information guys...don't take it too seriously. I, for one, agree that the once mega hyped Vanguard will be just another MMORPG upon release. Nothing special. Maybe it will even steal away some of the current "hardc0r3 l33t p33ps" from my current game of choice.

• mlambert890mlambert890 Member UncommonPosts: 136

Theres a definite irony that the OP posted a satire and gets ripped personally by folks claiming that he takes video games "too seriously" and needs to "get a life".  How can you not see the irony of tearing into a guy with personal insults just for lampooning a video game on the premise that HE takes games "too seriously"???

It's like sports talk.  We're all wasting time posting on  a forum ABOUT games, so the posts in this context are all "serious" in so far as they are about the subject matter.  Its a lame copout to selectively pick crap you dont like and label it as "too serious"

Originally posted by mlambert890

Theres a definite irony that the OP posted a satire and gets ripped personally by folks claiming that he takes video games "too seriously" and needs to "get a life".  How can you not see the irony of tearing into a guy with personal insults just for lampooning a video game on the premise that HE takes games "too seriously"???
    It's like sports talk.  We're all wasting time posting on  a forum ABOUT games, so the posts in this context are all "serious" in so far as they are about the subject matter.  Its a lame copout to selectively pick crap you dont like and label it as "too serious"

thank u for re-affirming my faith in humanity.

/bow

• MaeEyeMaeEye Member UncommonPosts: 1,106
    The best thing to do is no post in these kind of thread....keeps the fucking morons away, like Jon boy here, and it keeps us at the level we need to be at :D

This guy is a perfect example of why MMO's should have never gone mainstream too.

/played-mmorpgs

Total time played: 9125 Days, 21 Hours, 29 Minutes, 27 Seconds
    Time played this level: 39 Days, 1 Hour, 24 Minutes, 5 Seconds

• Binny45Binny45 Member UncommonPosts: 522

Actually I think it's kind of funny.  It's merely based off of what has happened in other MMO's in the past.

It holds two fold entertainment value.

If Vanguard SOH succeeds, then people will come to this thread, post a gajillion "I told you so!" posts, and everyone will point and laugh.

If Vanguard SOH tanks, then the writer of this thread (and his/her supporters) will come to this thread, post a gajillion "I told you so!" posts, and then everyone will point and laugh.

It's no big deal folks!

• Amnesiac07Amnesiac07 Member Posts: 103
    I see jonaku has decided to challenge Pantastic for the "biggest douchebag-troll in this forum" award.  Good luck with that.
  • MaeEyeMaeEye Member UncommonPosts: 1,106

Originally posted by Binny45

Actually I think it's kind of funny.  It's merely based off of what has happened in other MMO's in the past.
    It holds two fold entertainment value.
    If Vanguard SOH succeeds, then people will come to this thread, post a gajillion "I told you so!" posts, and everyone will point and laugh.
    If Vanguard SOH tanks, then the writer of this thread (and his/her supporters) will come to this thread, post a gajillion "I told you so!" posts, and then everyone will point and laugh.
    It's no big deal folks!

I know it's not a big deal at all.  I just think the lamest thing in the world is to go around and diss games.  LOL, at least insult people, but comeon....games?!?!

Your probably right Binny, either way...there are going to be alot of hate threads around here when the game launches. 
    /played-mmorpgs

Total time played: 9125 Days, 21 Hours, 29 Minutes, 27 Seconds
    Time played this level: 39 Days, 1 Hour, 24 Minutes, 5 Seconds

• GrimSkunk2GrimSkunk2 Member Posts: 451
    For me it is not whether or not I agree with you, it is whether or not I enjoyed your post.  I got some real good laughs- especially the SWG nods. Take that $OE !

I really hope you are wrong though- and the "vanbois" can "tell you so".

-W.

Originally posted by GrimSkunk2
    For me it is not whether or not I agree with you, it is whether or not I enjoyed your post.  I got some real good laughs- especially the SWG nods. Take that $OE !

I really hope you are wrong though- and the "vanbois" can "tell you so".

i am glad you enjoyed my posts :)

unlike vanbois, i can tolerate dissent. so as to you're hoping that i am wrong, i can respect that. i will not personally attack you in any way just because you have an opinion different from mine. i will not accuse you of trolling or spamming or personal attacks in a pathetic attempt to get you locked/deleted/banned.

/bow

• f0dell54f0dell54 Member CommonPosts: 329

Necroed for the most accuarte prediction to ever take place on this site lol.

Don't even care if I get in trouble for this one it's still worth it.

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by f0dell54

Yeah, gotta say, that's kind of scary heh.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by f0dell54

Yeah, that's pretty crazy.

You make me like charity

• DirkinDirkin Member Posts: 78

Wow.

Most of the changes he predicted to actual game mechanics never happened, but he sure hit the launch debacle pretty square on the head.

This discussion has been closed.