Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Trek Online: New Screenshots

DanaDana Member Posts: 2,415
The folks at StarTrek-Online.net noticed that the IGDA Website has some new screenshots of Star Trek Online, the first of a ship's exterior. We've added these to our gallery.

Thank you to everyone who sent word.

Dana Massey
Formerly of MMORPG.com
Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

Comments

• VixenHeartVixenHeart Member Posts: 458
    Looks good!  I can't wait.
  • keltic1701keltic1701 Member Posts: 1,162
    Very cool looking exterior shots! I hope all of the game will look as good as this! I can't wait either!!!
  • TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Simply beautiful

Perpetual, you guys are doing great.  Keep up the good work.

• WoodenDummyWoodenDummy Member Posts: 208
    o m g!

• Gamer4everGamer4ever Member Posts: 16

Outstanding pics, especially considering the game is 18 months away still

And in case any doubters come and try to say "those aren't in-game shots"

Perpetual_Glen Offline
    vbmenu_register("postmenu_68409", true);

Perpetual Entertainment
    Lead Designer

Perpetual_Glen is on a distinguished road

Thanks all for the great reaction to our ship look development. To answer the obvious question, yes those are in-game shots, not pre-rendered. We've got some talented people modeling, texturing, and lighting these ships--not to mention all of the tech wizardry to bring it to life in real-time.

As to keeping you guys informed, I will say that we have intentionally throttled back a bit, mostly because we realized how early it is in development, and we wanted to keep from promising things that could easily change. That said, we have some interesting events planned sometime soon that should be good to sink your teeth into. I won't say more, as I don't want to suck the wind from them.

Don't worry; we haven't forgotten you!

• Gamer4everGamer4ever Member Posts: 16
    And looks like I am gonna be buying myself a new computer next summer too, there is no way my current one will run STO, poor tired old computer will have a heartattack and seize up on me on the first entering world session surely  lol.
  • grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102
    These are obviously rendered on a super computer so Im eagre to see active screenshots - still great to see the capacity of the engine.

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

• WoodenDummyWoodenDummy Member Posts: 208

Originally posted by grimboj
    These are obviously rendered on a super computer so Im eagre to see active screenshots - still great to see the capacity of the engine.

It's been stated that they are in game shots, my 7950 is more than able to pull those shots off.