Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com will be down for maintenance beginning at midnight EST on Wednesday, August 31. Downtime is expected to last only a couple of hours.

Good group/organized PvP?

pkim96pkim96 New York, NYPosts: 168Member
I've given up on finding a well-balanced game with a deep crafting/player city/community system.  So now I'm looking for my next favorite MMORPG activity...group PvP.

Which of the current generation games have good group PvP?  Solo PvP can be fun, but 95% of the encounters are basically gankfests in most games.

Guild Wars has a great group PvP system, but I'm finding it hard to build a good community in that game...it's too instanced or something and doesn't feel like a virtual world.

WoW is a gankfest, for the most part.  I've lost count of the number of times a bored level 60 ganked me.  Not a big deal, but it just feels kinda stupid.  Battlegrounds are cool, but the queues...............

CoH actually has a decent group PvP system, but since that game is combat, combat, combat, combat and more combat, I can only play it for short periods at a time.

EvE supposedly has great PvP gameplay, but I find the PvE gameplay to be horrendously boring.

Any others?

Comments

• flynn444flynn444 Idaho, IDPosts: 41Member Uncommon
    Er...DAoC?

Basically, it's the only one left that you haven't tried that appears to be remotely what you're looking for.

• NaniboujouNaniboujou LondonishPosts: 14Member
    Consider The Saga of Ryzom.  The PvP system is rapidly headed in the direction you're looking for and you may also like the crafting and community.
  • LumsterLumster LeipzigPosts: 230Member

You could wait for Pirates of the burning Sea or Conan ::::17::