Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ultima X: Odyssey: Death System

The developers of UXO have released information about the death system in their upcoming MMORPG. The system sounds quite interesting. There are several stages to death and dying in UXO giving it a lot more complexity then most MMORPGs.

Stages of Death in UXO

1. Unconscious State - If your hit points are reduced to zero you will enter a state of unconsciousness. You cannot heal during this period but any buffs remain active on your character. In a short period of about 20 seconds, your character will die if not stabilized. Other players may attempt to stabilize you with various abilities but the character doing the stabilizing is vulnerable to attack.
  2. Ghost State -  Upon dying you have three options: auto-resurection, self resurrection, or waiting to be resurrected by another character. If you chose to auto-ressurect you will be given a list of bind points (moongates) of your level. Auto-ressurection gives a steeper death penalty (explained below) then normal. While you are a ghost you can explore the area in an ethereal form (without fear of attack) but you cannot zone or move through objects. You then may either resurrect yourself or have another player resurrect you.
  3. Death Penalty - The death penalty is a temporary reduction of ability scores and ability levels, which lasts about ten minutes. This lasts only about ten minutes. If you were in a private area and you died, you may not re-enter this area.

To read more about UX:O's death system visit this site:  http://www.uxo.ea.com/feature_death2.html

Comments

• SilveradoSilverado Member Posts: 41

How does this Death System compare to and differ from other MMOs? It seems to me that this is pretty normal, although I like the playful use of the term Death Penalty here. Can you "insure" your inventory and gear like in UO?

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

I am curious if you choose ghost and then get reserectted if you will not suffer penelties like in UO.

Also will UO:X have titles like UO such as my long time Dread Lord char?

And I hope we can cut up peoples bodies as well! 

Also in death...as a ghost...can you speak to other players with spirit speak?

So many questions image

--------------------------------------------

• redtigerredtiger Member Posts: 124
    good questions. I'm not sure if it's going to have alot of the aspects of the UO death system at all. I never really cared much for the Spirit Speak options and what not. I don't think they're going to be much cutting up going on...I mean the whole reason to do it was to gather resources and since there's not going to be any real crafting it probably won't make much sense...unless of course it's just there for the sake of doing it.

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359
    the cutting up of bodies on UO was for trophies and bounties...thats what I meant...no crafting stuff imageimage

--------------------------------------------