Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Updated Jan 15, 2008 A How To Guide... Please Read!!!

Comments

• VeviVevi Member Posts: 146

Thanks for the reply.

I did the DL and it did nothing. I then turned off some of the options at the guidance of someone in game. That did noting.  I then hit the best bandwith option, which cuts out all the high options and still I am getting the same lag.  I did look at a player made film and guess what; I see the same thing happening to that person as does to me.  It is a bit encouraging; but still a pain in the ass to be attacked by invisible stuff and not able to see them for several seconds.   I guess last option is to try customer support.

• Ch3cksixCh3cksix Member Posts: 55

Thanks for this post El. I'm downloading DAoC now to give it a try. I keep hearing such good things about it...

Ch3cksix

• mmmkay76mmmkay76 Member Posts: 6

Might not be the correct thread to ask this, but I don't feel like making a new one over this small question. ::::01::

I'm going to download the trial now and checking out the classes on some website I'd like to know if I'll be able to play a Vampiir (sounds very fun!) with this version.. as I understand it this class was introduced with an expansion?

Oh, and is there a download site that lets me resume the download after I get disconnected? For some reason my i-net connection is a bit unstable at the moment, and I really don't want to start over after being disconnected at 90%! ::::27::

Thanks in advance.

• JonMichaelJonMichael Member Posts: 796

Hiya all,

I'm a newbie to DAoC and downloaded the trial from fileplanet the other day.  When I installed it, the catacombs graphics update was already in with the trial. 

Not sure if this was a recent change, but there seems to be no reason to download the graphics patch when you download the trial.

Safe Travels!

Currently: AION, an MMO Beta under NDA
    Played: WAR, LOTRO, Hellgate: London, CoX, GW, SotNW, DAOC, EQ2, SWG, WoW, AO, Horizons, Second Life, There, TSO
    Beta'd: There, Second Life, EQ2, DAOC:LotM, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, Gods and Heroes, Hellgate: London, Requiem:Bloodymare, AoC, WAR, DDO, Fallen Earth

• gunungmerapigunungmerapi Member Posts: 26

I considered playing the trial but then it asked for credit card number... I would not have a problem with this normally but there was no security verification that you get with most respectable internet commerce, and you are meant to write your number in a window that is just a popup from the game... I looked them up and found that security was a big problem just after launch. I havn't been able to find any other comments on this situation so bit of a worry.

• nikoliathnikoliath Member UncommonPosts: 1,154
    The new engine seemingly DOES come with the latest trial download! I downloaded the engine update for nothing lastnight, after installing it i was dissapointed to see no change in the graphics but was able to select 'classic' figure models or 'catacoomb' models ( i was already using the catacoomb ones ).
  • ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Originally posted by gunungmerapi

I considered playing the trial but then it asked for credit card number... I would not have a problem with this normally but there was no security verification that you get with most respectable internet commerce, and you are meant to write your number in a window that is just a popup from the game... I looked them up and found that security was a big problem just after launch. I havn't been able to find any other comments on this situation so bit of a worry.

To my knowledge there has never been a security issue with CC information in DAOC.  The game engine is using secure socket layer (just like any website) for the CC information.  Kunou can give you more detailed information but he doesn't typically respond to the stickied thread.  I'd address your question in a seperate thread in the forum if you want an 'official' response from someone works at Mythic (Kunou is a Mythic rep.)

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

Originally posted by nikoliath
    The new engine seemingly DOES come with the latest trial download! I downloaded the engine update for nothing lastnight, after installing it i was dissapointed to see no change in the graphics but was able to select 'classic' figure models or 'catacoomb' models ( i was already using the catacoomb ones ).

Sweet!

Sig image Pending

• PWR_SURGEPWR_SURGE Member Posts: 15

Elnator hopefully you can help me. I D/L the free trial put in my information name etc. But it is asking for a CD KEY?  where do I get that from?

I have to leave soon and was hoping to try this out before i left. Anyhelp is much appreciated

Thank you in advance

SURGE

Originally posted by PWR_SURGE

Elnator hopefully you can help me. I D/L the free trial put in my information name etc. But it is asking for a CD KEY?  where do I get that from?
    I have to leave soon and was hoping to try this out before i left. Anyhelp is much appreciated
    Thank you in advance
    SURGE

Erm... better off asking this in the forums ;)  I'm just a fellow player.  When I DL'd my trial the Key was emailed to me.  Kunou can probably help.  Once he answers your question (in the forums please) I'll update the faq to include it.

Sig image Pending

Yes if you could get me an official response on the matter that would be great. There was a posting on the security issues taken shortly after launch but info was a little hazy and out of date. Other then that there is nothing I could find. Getting a respnse from Kunou would definitely settle the matter :)

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

Depending on where you downloaded the trial from here's a list of the CD-Keys for the Trial:

Fileburst: W39NQWT-YNPHJTQ-BHU9PRG-YD9EMK4-M4L4JYN
    GameDAILY: YXMICWK-YEI3MKY-MTWH6NJ-B7K1ABK-Y8JYEJ8
    Xfire: MVGADVQ-MNMJ99Y-HBJ4DNF-H3HGBAJ-YC1QYTP
    Gamespot: MXQLIBK-BYKT3V9-MHLJQ9Q-GYYMI18-BTKWCEW
    MMORPG.com: HDP9JUY-B4G7VI3-HRF7PD6-YGCX3AQ-MRL8K3T
    Fileplanet: YW38WC9-WCXU9LB-GMEC6EY-WG1LAQ1-HLJKXWL
    Filefront: HQPW1QA-W8IMQ1B-M71E7DJ-BYUNQDD-MA7TAWY
    Ausgamers: MPA6NFU-WWGVG9K-Y986UF9-HFYJDWA-M9GNX6G
    GameZone: YL97CQA-BLHYAMR-HAYVMPG-B1JPF4C-BAR4X47
    Fileshack: BAB9AUY-W8DCEIF-Y6RH7AK-W6PPR1J-MVWTEE7
    Boomtown: H7GENYU-HAKQMD8-HAYFKWF-HEV7C1T-YNXA36Q
    GamersHell: MPANMUA-YV7V91X-GKN7HRG-GYWR6DE-BWWELBA

For a list of direct links to the trial file and the CD-Key for each of the sites listed above:
    Clicky HERE

Hope that is official enough and helps. :)

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

I'm sorry but my question was directed to credit card security. I read a posting that said there had been some breaching of security earlier after launch. What kind of security does mythic offer its clients? On the trial version I downloaded it asks for my credit card number in a small popup from the game interface with no security signature that you would get in a browser window...
  • RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

Anything that happened that far back was well before my time and I can't really comment on since I don't really know any more about it than you do... That being said I know the credit card info is secure at this point. I don't know exactly what you want me to say or do to prove that... But I do know I haven't heard of a single complaint about it since I've been here, and if it weren't secure I'd have to believe we wouldn't have nearly as many subscribers as we do...

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

• JackallJackall Member Posts: 42

Aaaah finally, i always wanted to test this baby out, however because i lack the usage of a credit card (or the parent's allowing me :D) I wasn't able to do that.
    I'm Belgian so i sure hope I'm going to understand the Europian part Mumbo Jumbo :D

:edit: i see that the trial is already over on the europian site... tough luck :(

I decide who lives or who dies!

Euro players CAN use the US trial if they wish :) They will just have to connect to US servers and not the GOA Europe ones.

Sig image Pending

OP updated with rumor that new trial available already includes the graphics updates.  As this is unconfirmed I did not change the OP except to add a note to the effect that I have heard the rumor but it is unconfirmed at this time.

Thanks!

Sig image Pending

• skycutterskycutter Member Posts: 5

Hi all

I'm currently trying out the Free Trial (and I'm enjoying myself very much). It seems to have updated graphics for everything other than the capital cities. Try going from Lough Derg (Mag Mell) into Tir na Nog, for example

Will installing the patch outlined in the OP add those textures?

Originally posted by skycutter

Hi all
    I'm currently trying out the Free Trial (and I'm enjoying myself very much). It seems to have updated graphics for everything other than the capital cities. Try going from Lough Derg (Mag Mell) into Tir na Nog, for example
    Will installing the patch outlined in the OP add those textures?

Not sure if it will or not.  Give it a try and see if it does.  Let me know and I'll update the post.

Sig image Pending

No, it didn't.

Anyway, ordered the Epic Edition. It'll be here in a couple days.

I can appreciate the old graphics for what they are, they did a great job with them. The new graphics are excellent too!

Did the download upgrade the graphics at all?  If not I'll remove the directions to download the graphics and just leave the mini-faq for new trial members up.

Sig image Pending

No, nothing changed after installing the patch as outlined in your OP. It seems that the only graphics update not included in the trial is the one for the capital cities.

Thanks,

I updated the original post. 

Sig image Pending

• KamadrionKamadrion Member Posts: 21
    Excuse me, but isn't there a way around the credit card? Because I simply don't have one. I just want to try the game....

Originally posted by Kamadrion
    Excuse me, but isn't there a way around the credit card? Because I simply don't have one. I just want to try the game....

I believe there is a pay by cash/check option when you register... not 100% sure as I no longer play.  If there is you could choose that instead of Credit Card.  There used to be a PayPal or PayByCash (the websites) option as well... not sure if that's still available.  May want to ask in the forum rather than this thread so it's not lost in the clutter.  Once I see an answer I'll update the faq.

Sig image Pending