Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Horizons: E3 Expansion Preview

DanaDana Member Posts: 2,415

David Bowman and I met on the floor of E3 to talk about Horizons: Settlements and Dark World Online. In the first of two articles, we take aim at the expansion.

He looked like a new man. An excited and re-energized David Bowman and I met on the floor of E3 to talk about Horizons, the game’s growth and upcoming expansion tentatively titled “Horizons: The Settlements”.

Since the new year, Bowman says that Tulga and Horizons have undergone a renaissance.

“We now have greater confidence in the future of the company,” he said before rattling off statistics. In January, the game retained between 1 and 3% of those players who downloaded the trial. Soon, that number was 19%. This month? 54% of people who downloaded the trial subscribed to the game.

You can read the article here.

Dana Massey
Formerly of MMORPG.com
Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

Comments

• numaticnumatic Member UncommonPosts: 670
    I actually liked this game until I realixed how boring it was. The ONLY game I have seen work well without PvP is EQ. If they would have added PvP they may have saved it. But that combined with the outrageously large number of bugs and performance issues on release resulted in a sub-par game. From what I hear the fanbase is just gone. I think they'll probably pack it up once the new game comes out.
  • gopher65gopher65 Member Posts: 46

Originally posted by numatic
    I actually liked this game until I realixed how boring it was. The ONLY game I have seen work well without PvP is EQ. If they would have added PvP they may have saved it. But that combined with the outrageously large number of bugs and performance issues on release resulted in a sub-par game. From what I hear the fanbase is just gone. I think they'll probably pack it up once the new game comes out.

This may well have been created just for you numatic:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare.php

• MornebladeMorneblade Member UncommonPosts: 272
    Ew, Bowman is still there. Sucks for Horizons.

• MalakaiMalakai Member Posts: 147
    I am glad to see a game that had so much promise finally turn the corner and start doing much better.  Good luck in all you do Tulga.
  • numaticnumatic Member UncommonPosts: 670

Originally posted by gopher65

Originally posted by numatic

This may well have been created just for you numatic:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare.php

Aw did I tread on a fanboi? How sweet.
  • HadesprimeHadesprime Member Posts: 303

I hope for the loyal supporters of the game and Tulga that this isn't the same re energized David Bowman that plotted the take over of AE. The same one that spewed false tales about Horizons before release.

Lets hope he has learned from his past mistakes.

Numatic careful the fanbois of this game are particularly barky in nature.

• trevorgalltrevorgall Member Posts: 6

Great to see some new work being done on what is a great game. Currently having fun with DND Online, but will prob come back to Horizons some time soon. Simply needs a greater popualtion to succeed. Reckon we should just somehow LIMIT the number oif MMORPGs out there so the population on the good games isnt diluted by too many games.

Hey, will the updated client for Dark world Online, be moved to Horizons as well.. as graphics are in need of update?

Shod De Workman.

• MornebladeMorneblade Member UncommonPosts: 272

Originally posted by trevorgall

Great to see some new work being done on what is a great game. Currently having fun with DND Online, but will prob come back to Horizons some time soon. Simply needs a greater popualtion to succeed. Reckon we should just somehow LIMIT the number oif MMORPGs out there so the population on the good games isnt diluted by too many games.
    Hey, will the updated client for Dark world Online, be moved to Horizons as well.. as graphics are in need of update?

Shod De Workman.

Well if' it's a merly good game, it's changed alot since I played. But then being a "anti-crafter" in a crafting game might have alot to do with it. And the lag.....

But with Bowman still there after what he did to DA and the "real" Horizons, I'd be hard pressed to give it a shot again.

• BleriBleri Member UncommonPosts: 18

Well Horizons may be moving on in the US but here in Europe its still going backwards :(

I actually tried to reactivate my account but had forgotten the password. I had changed my ISP and email addy since last playing.  No pronlem lets email the support..... returned undeliverable....... ok theres another email on the support page ..... returned undeliverable. Found a 3rd email add on the site, which wasnt returned, but also hasnt been answered in well over a week.