Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Horizons: Expansion Announced

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Horizons: Empire of Istaria, the MMORPG developed by Tulga Games, has announced that they will be releasing a brand new expansion, tentatively titled "Horizons: The Settlements":

Horizons: Empire of Istaria Expansion Announced

Tulga Games to develop new Horizons expansion, tentatively titled Horizons: The Settlements.

MESA, Arizona - May 8, 2006 - Tulga Games, LLC, developers of the award-winning Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (MMORPG), Horizons: Empire of Istaria, today announced the development of a new Horizons expansion, tentatively titled Horizons: The Settlements. The new expansion will contain all of the content from the original game, as well as environmental, creature and gameplay updates.

Horizons: The Settlements will feature both player-crafted and developer-designed content including new furniture, racially-themed structures, gardens, monsters, treasures and quests. Players will now have the option of building new racial structures, such as Dryad trees and Dwarven tunnels, making for a more customized player environment, while new companion animals can function as beasts-of-burden, familiars and guardians. Vicious new monsters, including Harpies, will now inhabit Istaria, providing new battle opportunities and new types of treasure to capture. Horizons: The Settlements will be free to current subscribers, while being priced at a suggested U.S. retail of $19.99 for new players (available in stores and via digital download).

Developed by Tulga Games, LLC, Horizons: Empire of Istaria allows players to create characters from any of 11 fantasy races including Dragons, Satyrs, Dryads, Humans and Elves while developing skills from 50 schools. Horizons' world is near-limitless in scope; as dragons soar above and below one another in the skies and players embark upon adventures spanning land, sea and air while working collectively to build a variety of surface and subterranean structures. The game's family-friendly nature allows for cooperative gameplay, and players with limited time can enjoy brief solo adventures without suffering any penalty. Featuring new quests designed by renowned fantasy writer Peter S. Beagle, the Horizons' universe continues to attract new fans looking for an outstanding MMORPG experience. More information about Horizons: Empire of Istaria is available at http://www.istaria.com.

Tulga Games LLC is a privately held digital game publisher and developer. Tulga Games LLC has a mission of providing individuals and families with quality digital entertainment experiences. Tulga's titles include the popular Massively Multiplayer Online RPG (MMORPG) Horizons: Empire of Istaria and the upcoming Dark World Online. More information about Tulga and its games is available at http://www.istaria.com.

For additional information about Horizons: The Settlements check out the Frequently Asked Questions.

For more on Horizons, click here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Hz expansion?? Wow...that's amazing. I can't for the life of me figure out why they just won't let this lame horse die. 

Joined - July 2004

• Parsifal57Parsifal57 Member Posts: 267

Whilst Surprising, this game does have a hard core following, I actually enjoyed playing the game for several months until the lag and performance issues made it too much of a burden to enjoy playing.

I liked the fact that there were no uber weapon drops and everthing was player crafted, the game whilst i played it had the best community spirit of most of the games i've played (Except Daoc before TOA). If the expansion sees the light of day I may just be tempted to revisit Istaria and see if the issues that forced me to leave have finally been resolved.

Good to see that there still is room for smaller games out there other than the colossal beaurocracy that WoW seems to be headed to being.

Good Luck Tulga.

• MalakaiMalakai Member Posts: 147
    Its good to see Tulga doing better and actually releasing an expansion.  And more importantly the expansion will be available in both retail and download format.  It is very important that they are able to get the game in stores if they want growth.  Hopefully they will have the performance issues fixed with the release of the expansion in the form of a client upgrade.  That was really the only thing holding them back.  It would have been so easy for Tulga to just throw in the towel like some other games have done in the past when things got tough.  But they stuck in there and showed they had heart.  Good job Tulga.
  • WoodenDummyWoodenDummy Member Posts: 208

Originally posted by remyburke
    Hz expansion?? Wow...that's amazing. I can't for the life of me figure out why they just won't let this lame horse die. 

Probably because it's not a lame horse.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    I beta'ed then played 3 months after release and just recently went back. I must say it has improved quite a bit from release, it's not a bad little game at all now in fact. The community over there is probably right up there the best I have seen in a long time also.

I miss DAoC