Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Game / On: Commentary Show

DanaDana Member Posts: 2,415

Our Game/On Podcast continues its new weekly format with our Commentary show. This week, Jon Wood and Michael Hampden debate some of the latest topics from around the industry. They discuss such topics as: expansions and content, the big news of the last few weeks, and the brand new lightning round, where Jon gets 30 seconds each to answer Mike's questions. All that and more on this episode of Game/On.

You can hear the podcast here.

Dana Massey
Formerly of MMORPG.com
Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

Comments

• EightyFourEightyFour Member Posts: 4

Just wanted to say keep up the good work, I look forward to your show becoming a permanent thing at MMORPG.com. I'm also hoping that I can make a suggestion as to something I would like to see on the show, hopefully enough people well tell me what they think and we can find out if this is a horrible idea or something people would like to see. I was hoping that there could be a small piece on what it's like in the life of a developer, how many hours a day do they put in? And at about what pay scale?, what are some of the things they are proud of?, like challenges they have over come. Is it any different to work at this company vs. the other company? What is it like at "crunch time"? And when the pressure of release is off what happens next? Do most of the developers leave or get laid off to find another pre release gig or do they stay with there company and get moved around by the parent?
    Well those are a few questions I came up with, I don't think that most people would want to hear a continuous segment on this but people may be interested in hearing it once or twice here and there.
    Regardless of whether this gets considered or not, keep up the good work and looking forward to the next show.

• OdseusOdseus Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Issues discussed were deffinetly interesting.

Biggest issue I have is mike's microphone.  Back away from it dude!  Your overpoweringly loud compared to the other guy.  I want to hear what both your saying, not just one side because he's exceedingly LOUD.