Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Last Jedi DLC Comes Today + Poor Sales Cut Profit Estimates Sharply - Star Wars: Battlefront II

13»

Comments

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    laserit said:
    laserit said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    Celcius said:
    The 12.5 million is projected sales, not actual sales. 

That is a HUGE drop from BF1 too. 

Yes, I know that is only physical units. That does not matter however, as it is far more likely two things are the case:

1) More people bought physical units because the people who buy physical units are less privy to the loot box situation then people who buy digital

2) Even though it is just physical, it is still down 50% from what it was before. There is no way the different in digital sales went up that significantly in just one year. 

It is also funny to see people defend the game even disregarding micro transactions. The game has rubber banding, bland gameplay, and a really bad campaign that is disjointed as well as predictable...it also ends prematurely saying "THE STORY CONTINUES IN MULTIPLAYER" . Don't take it from me, read a review :P 

You our probably could have Left it without the completely subjective, unsupported assertions and came off sounding much more intelligent. 

In fact, being that it is physical copies is MASSIVE considering about 80% of game sales today are digital, with is up about 15% since 2015.

I could also also tell you that BF1 offered a Black Friday deal in 2015, whereas BF2 didn't. COD did, though, and it's now the second highest grossing CoD game after its first month. Could BF2 have moved 1 million copies if they discounted it by 33% like CoD did? IDK, that's all speculation. I wouldn't be silly enough to assert that's the cause of the drop. However, it is a contributing factor. Only the quarterly will tell for sure.
    Again I very distinctly remember seeing a deal on BF2 in my area that week.

Thanks for the info. No such luck up here. Looks like we got the shaft this year.
    $60 Canadian

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/star-wars-battlefront-ii-ps4/10661521.aspx?
    I'm in the USA and origins(PC) has it 30% off atm.  Can't speak for Canada, but I hope the sale is available to my northern brothers/sisters as well.
    The $60 = 25% off up here. Normal price is $80 which currently equates to about $62 USD
    That sucks my friend.  You guys should get the same price as us imo.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    laserit said:
    laserit said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    Celcius said:

Yes, I know that is only physical units. That does not matter however, as it is far more likely two things are the case:

1) More people bought physical units because the people who buy physical units are less privy to the loot box situation then people who buy digital

2) Even though it is just physical, it is still down 50% from what it was before. There is no way the different in digital sales went up that significantly in just one year. 

It is also funny to see people defend the game even disregarding micro transactions. The game has rubber banding, bland gameplay, and a really bad campaign that is disjointed as well as predictable...it also ends prematurely saying "THE STORY CONTINUES IN MULTIPLAYER" . Don't take it from me, read a review :P 

You our probably could have Left it without the completely subjective, unsupported assertions and came off sounding much more intelligent. 

In fact, being that it is physical copies is MASSIVE considering about 80% of game sales today are digital, with is up about 15% since 2015.

I could also also tell you that BF1 offered a Black Friday deal in 2015, whereas BF2 didn't. COD did, though, and it's now the second highest grossing CoD game after its first month. Could BF2 have moved 1 million copies if they discounted it by 33% like CoD did? IDK, that's all speculation. I wouldn't be silly enough to assert that's the cause of the drop. However, it is a contributing factor. Only the quarterly will tell for sure.

Thanks for the info. No such luck up here. Looks like we got the shaft this year.
    $60 Canadian

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/star-wars-battlefront-ii-ps4/10661521.aspx?
    I'm in the USA and origins(PC) has it 30% off atm.  Can't speak for Canada, but I hope the sale is available to my northern brothers/sisters as well.
    The $60 = 25% off up here. Normal price is $80 which currently equates to about $62 USD
    We pretty much pay the same price for games up here. Prices are just based from USD, it's the currency exchange that gets us.

What sucks is that we can speculate on currencies. 

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    laserit said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    laserit said:

Fak!! Already bought PS Store gift cards in lieu of a sale, hoping to catch something in the new year. Really wish they had just done this on Black Friday. I mean they were tanking at that point anyway, weren't they? 
    You'll be good

Boxing week sales it will probably be even cheaper

Those boxing day/week sales are turning into boxing month sales ;)

edit: oops just realized you bought PS Store cards :(

Well, if it tanks then it just means I get it cheaper, so more PS $$ to spend lol. 

Keep up the hate guys! Let's get this under $40 CAD! 
    laseritMrMelGibson

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

laserit said:

No, what sucks was paying that price for games when our dollar was beating the greenback. Now it's kinda just ok. 
    MrMelGibson

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

CrazKanuk said:
    laserit said:

No, what sucks was paying that price for games when our dollar was beating the greenback. Now it's kinda just ok. 
    PC games were averaging $49.99cad for the longest time. That price point seemed to have ended with the brick and mortars.

• chronoss2015chronoss2015 Member UncommonPosts: 217
    edited December 2017

kaz350 said:

I never understood, people complained for EA to make changes....they make changes then those same people go HAHAH STILL NOT BUYING YOUR GAME.

These high sales numbers I think proves alot of those people were never going to buy the game to start with.

what part of what EA said about TEMPORARY did you not read ....its dummies that can't read that are 100% of the problem
  • chronoss2015chronoss2015 Member UncommonPosts: 217

Gorwe said:

The last Jedi movie sucks, so does BF2. They're trying to milk down the frenchise so bad lol.

They've been milking Star Trek since 1966. Good, bad, or indifferent it's still raking in the big bucks. 

For every principled gamer who says they won't buy BF2 and doesn't there must be ten that say they won't and do anyway, and ten times that many gamers say nothing and buy it without giving it a second thought. 

Yeah, but I don't have anything against being "milked" by good content / my own will. When it's bad content / against my will...then we have a problem.

did you know that in canada a tv show gets 50 years copyright form the time first episode airs ( till the end of said year) which means STAR TREK TOS that aired in 1966 goes into public domain on January 1st 2018
    Gorwe
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Gorwe said:
    I don't even care anymore after watching TLJ.

Such a boring, crawling, confused in its elemental state movie is rather rarely seen. My mind has been raped I think.
    Better you than I. After (whatever the last one was called) and Rogue One I decided to keep SW in nostalgia land from before Disney got a hold of it and skip TLJ. To think, the main two entities of my childhood entertainment beat themselves to death ;)
    Gorwe said:
    laserit said:
    laserit said:
    laserit said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    Celcius said:

$60 Canadian

We pretty much pay the same price for games up here. Prices are just based from USD, it's the currency exchange that gets us.

What sucks is that we can speculate on currencies. 
    Why does being able to speculate = bad? Can't you just make yourself rich that way?
    I didn't say that speculation itself is bad, I said I don't like speculation on currencies.

edited December 2017
    Interesting note, BF2 was #2 in digital sales in the US next to CoD WW2 in Novemeber on $1.2 billion in sales overall (which is up 19% year-over-year).

It also sits above Assassin's Creed Origins which apparently is doing better than any AC game since Black Flag which did like 10 million copies in the first couple months. 

Not sure where that puts BF2, but I think it at least illustrates that the retail sales are becoming less and less reliable as time goes one. In the next 3 years it's likely they will be nearly non-existent as I think they estimate that 95% of game sales will be digital by 2020.

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    CrazKanuk said:
    Interesting note, BF2 was #2 in digital sales in the US next to CoD WW2 in Novemeber on $1.2 billion in sales overall (which is up 19% year-over-year).

It also sits above Assassin's Creed Origins which apparently is doing better than any AC game since Black Flag which did like 10 million copies in the first couple months. 

Not sure where that puts BF2, but I think it at least illustrates that the retail sales are becoming less and less reliable as time goes one. In the next 3 years it's likely they will be nearly non-existent as I think they estimate that 95% of game sales will be digital by 2020.
    There's really no reason currently to do anything other than electronic distribution.  Download speeds and storage space is well able to handle the task.
    CrazKanuk

• darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383

Jimmydean said:

heerobya said:

Bonejoker said:

I love star wars, but I do not know if it's worth buying the game because of so much controversy :C

If you love Star Wars - it is 100% worth buying. FOR SURE

I will have to disagree with that. I tried the demo and uninstalled it. I love Star Wars, but not SWBF2. Even though they turned off MT, the progression system remains the same and is designed to be a slow grind so you will be more likely to pony up. I was also seeing hacks already and just like the first SWBF, Dice is doing nothing about them.

I only know two people who actually bought the game and both have stopped playing already. They think the game isn't worth the grind. Gets old fast. YMMV.

Yea take it from this guy. He tried the demo so he knows all about the progression system and whether or not it's "worth the grind". /s

You are aware EA gives the entire game as a demo for 10 hours right? M9re than enough time to get an idea of the p2w grind fest they call progression.

YOu have to pay for EA access(subscription) in order to unlock that trial. That is literaly purchasing a demo. They arent giving you anything. Want to try the game? you can only pay for the game or pay for the trial.

They give you access to a library of games with unlimited access to them and the 10 hour trials. You don't pay just for the trials if you do you're an idiot.