Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Method EU Scores World First Argus Clear + Complete Raid Clear - World of Warcraft - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageMethod EU Scores World First Argus Clear + Complete Raid Clear - World of Warcraft - MMORPG.com

World of Warcraft News - With a half dozen guilds at 10/11 in the hunt for the world first kill of the Antorus raid final boss, Method has dinged the bell only hours after the World of Warcraft server reset. This brings the hunt for the world first raid clear to an end a scant week after it was released, and six days after Method reached Argus.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Was this really a shocker though? lol
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Albatroes said:

Not even a little bit shocking. :D I was secretly hoping one of the "not-Method, not-Exorsus, not-Limit" guilds would step up and surprise us all. Sadly...nope. :D
    MrMelGibson

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    for comparison, does anybody know how long after BWL launch Nefarian was downed as a world first?
  • 6stack_Chris6stack_Chris Member UncommonPosts: 118
    Not sure for BWL - but I remember that the original Naxx had a very low completion rating for it (And those that did were months down the road). Most guilds were hung up on 4 horsemen and even some stalled at Instructor because of the priest mind control swapping.
    Xingbairong
  • AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Galadourn said:
    for comparison, does anybody know how long after BWL launch Nefarian was downed as a world first?
    BWL opened in July and I think Nefarian world first was in September.
    Galadournsnakemason
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Interesting table on dungeon clear dates, no idea on accuracy.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/2wp5tc/which_raid_lasted_the_longest/

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081

SBFord said:

Albatroes said:

Not even a little bit shocking. :D I was secretly hoping one of the "not-Method, not-Exorsus, not-Limit" guilds would step up and surprise us all. Sadly...nope. :D

That's hard to do when a lot of those guilds are used as a stepping stone to gear/skill up before the top guilds take some of the best players from them. That is actually *less* common at the very high end, but it's a bit more impactful at that level when it does happen. You tend to feel losing a 90 Percentile Player more than losing a 60 Percentile Player.
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited December 2017
    Yea, I always tried to join and typically ended up leading the top guilds in several MMOs.  I learned that if you want to stay competitive, you'd better do your best to stay on top cause once you aren't on top any more, you can expect to keep on losing all your best members to the top, and as someone who's been on both sides, I can understand why (being a member of a non-top guild but wanting to do the top activities yet knowing you never will because your guildies keep leaving for the top guilds is a very hefty incentive to jump ship yourself)
  • CryolitycalCryolitycal Member UncommonPosts: 205
    This is getting beyond annoying and boring. It's the same as when in football Barcelona or Chelsea or whatever just splashes 100M euro on some Ronaldo/Ronaldinho type of player and then they go on a 3-5 years reign of terror winning almost everything and losing only when they are exceedingly stupid.
    In WoW is even worse. Method is the only guild that developed into an esports business, and they have the structure required to support the long hours needed to reach world first. If you're a great raider, you'll have their help in a lot of issues - financial included - as sitting on your butt 12 hrs/day playing WoW does NOT pay.
    Meanwhile, their "competition" relies on the players "having fun" and wanting so much that no.1 that they renounce life for weeks. If you have any sort of family, unless you bring back the big bucks, when they will see you playing WoW with your headset for 12 hrs, even if it's just a few weeks each 5-6 months, they'll get to despise you. You are in a separate world where you can barely interrupt yourself to eat and piss and shit - there's no time for "honey help me with this please" or "come see what stupid shit this politician did!"- no time for almost anything but Discord and WoW.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    This is getting beyond annoying and boring. It's the same as when in football Barcelona or Chelsea or whatever just splashes 100M euro on some Ronaldo/Ronaldinho type of player and then they go on a 3-5 years reign of terror winning almost everything and losing only when they are exceedingly stupid.
    In WoW is even worse. Method is the only guild that developed into an esports business, and they have the structure required to support the long hours needed to reach world first. If you're a great raider, you'll have their help in a lot of issues - financial included - as sitting on your butt 12 hrs/day playing WoW does NOT pay.
    Meanwhile, their "competition" relies on the players "having fun" and wanting so much that no.1 that they renounce life for weeks. If you have any sort of family, unless you bring back the big bucks, when they will see you playing WoW with your headset for 12 hrs, even if it's just a few weeks each 5-6 months, they'll get to despise you. You are in a separate world where you can barely interrupt yourself to eat and piss and shit - there's no time for "honey help me with this please" or "come see what stupid shit this politician did!"- no time for almost anything but Discord and WoW.
    Are you speaking from personal experience?