Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Uplay is giving Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag away for free this week - Ends Dec. 23, 2017

Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
edited December 2017 in General Gaming
Assassins Creed IV Black Flag is being given away free for a week so grab it if you haven't got it.  

You’ll need a Uplay account, which is the only sticking point I can think of. If you’ve got one though, or don’t mind installing Uplay on your PC, head over here and claim your copy—the deal ends Dec. 23, 2017 10:00 AM UTC
https://www.pcworld.com/article/3241406/gaming/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-free-ubisoft.html

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Post edited by Octagon7711 on
laseritMrMelGibson[Deleted User][Deleted User]Sal1

Comments

• paul43paul43 Member UncommonPosts: 198
    Thx... Never tried ACreed before. I'll give it a shot this week(end).
    Octagon7711
  • CazrielCazriel Member RarePosts: 419
    Many thanks.  Was curious about this title.
    Octagon7711
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Definitely worth trying out for free.  They've started giving away a game about every year.  I think this is the second or third one I've gotten that was an AC giveaway.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    @Octagon7711

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this.  I never pass on a free game :smiley:
    Octagon7711rojoArcueid
  • sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    Awesome, I went and got a copy :)
    Octagon7711
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • mystik13mystik13 Member UncommonPosts: 145
    Thanks for the headsup I have heard good things about this game but never tried it.
    Octagon7711
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited December 2017
    I already had it on Steam (which is automatically registered on Uplay because it uses my Uplay account on Steam.

Uplay has seen much improvement in the last couple years. Its a lot better than Origin, and to some degree it is more consumer friendly than Steam itself. Earning Achievements on any Ubisoft game on any platform (pc/consoles) give you points which you can spend on downloadable content for all ubisoft games.

And the client itself is a lot more stable and smoother now than it was before. And if you play any of their games on Seam, you already use Uplay through steam in order to run those games.
    Octagon7711MrMelGibsongervaise1bartoni33

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    @Octagon7711 Just an update.  You can also get World of Conflict and the first Watch dogs for free right now on Uplay as well as Assassins creed 4.  So 3 free games.  Just wanted to share.

http://www.pcgamer.com/ubisoft-is-giving-away-watch-dogs-for-free/#
    Octagon7711bartoni33[Deleted User]
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    Despite some of the dodgy things Ubisoft does, they do at least still release fairly decent games and seem far more willing to experiment with mechanics than EA. 

Black Flag is definitely a fun game to play, I just loved sailing round the map and getting into pirate battles! Lots of places to explore, things to collect etc. Only thing that was bad about the game is the combat is too easy. But, if you enjoy the story, collecting different things, hunting various animals and singing along to sea shanties, you'll have a good time!
    YashaX
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    edited December 2017

Black Flag is the best AC game I have played so far (although haven't played AC2 or brotherhood, which are also meant to be good). The protagonist is great, and the flow/pacing of gameplay (story/character development vs exploration) is fantastic for an open world game. 

I also loved how it integrated side missions like quests to find legendary gear and so forth, it was just so organic; I never felt like I was just checking off another icon on the map, it felt like my character would actually do this stuff. Much better than AC Origins (and some other ow games), where so much of it just feels like almost tedious busy work.

Pick it up if its free!

Edit: lol, I just saw the sale is already over; great game nonetheless.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Black Flag is probably the best AC game ever made, that they are giving it away for free is surprising in itself, personally i think its the only AC game that is worth playing, so hats off to Ubisoft as this is a nice christmas present to anyone who doesn't have it, i'd recommend it to even those who aren't even interested in the AC series as its something of an 'odd one out'. ;)
    YashaXOctagon7711bartoni33
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Phry said:
    Black Flag is probably the best AC game ever made, that they are giving it away for free is surprising in itself, personally i think its the only AC game that is worth playing, so hats off to Ubisoft as this is a nice christmas present to anyone who doesn't have it, i'd recommend it to even those who aren't even interested in the AC series as its something of an 'odd one out'. ;)
    Yeah, I was all hyped up for AC Origins, but Black Flag was much more enjoyable for me.
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    Phry said:
    I would still rate AC2 as my favourite. 

The combat was far better, if you stacked up too many attackers you could actually die! In Black Flag it was just too easy to gather up like 20 enemies and just constantly block/counter until you win. 

Stealth was also much more important in AC2, partly due to mission design but also to avoid getting killed by guards. I also vastly preferred upgrading my mansion in AC2 as it had actual meaning, whereas your island in Black Flag was largely pointless. Finally, story in AC2 was better - you got to kill the Pope!

But, Black Flag had the ship! So much fun sailing that about, getting into big sea battles, boarding other ships! Made it a very close call between the two, but AC2 still just about wins for me. 

I haven't played any that released since Black Flag though, I do wanna get origins at some point soon. Here's hoping it's on sale over xmas!
    YashaXlaserit
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I hear feudal Japan might be next which should be very interesting, especially if they get into Ninja clans.  Overall the series has been pretty good.
    YashaX

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    Black flag was cool , loved having a ship and whatnot :D , but the ezio trilogy is still the best
    laserit
  • Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Thank you for this post. I am grabbing both games to play over the holidays.
    Octagon7711
  • alivenaliven Member UncommonPosts: 346
    Despite some of the dodgy things Ubisoft does, they do at least still release fairly decent games and seem far more willing to experiment with mechanics than EA. 

Black Flag is definitely a fun game to play, I just loved sailing round the map and getting into pirate battles! Lots of places to explore, things to collect etc. Only thing that was bad about the game is the combat is too easy. But, if you enjoy the story, collecting different things, hunting various animals and singing along to sea shanties, you'll have a good time!
    Well Ubisoft is mostly depicted as somebody who release the same tired formula of open world games and sometimes buggy as hell. But they overall support the games after relaunch and try to fix gamebreaking stuff. 
    Octagon7711
    Phry said:
    I would still rate AC2 as my favourite. 

The combat was far better, if you stacked up too many attackers you could actually die! In Black Flag it was just too easy to gather up like 20 enemies and just constantly block/counter until you win. 

Stealth was also much more important in AC2, partly due to mission design but also to avoid getting killed by guards. I also vastly preferred upgrading my mansion in AC2 as it had actual meaning, whereas your island in Black Flag was largely pointless. Finally, story in AC2 was better - you got to kill the Pope!

But, Black Flag had the ship! So much fun sailing that about, getting into big sea battles, boarding other ships! Made it a very close call between the two, but AC2 still just about wins for me. 

I haven't played any that released since Black Flag though, I do wanna get origins at some point soon. Here's hoping it's on sale over xmas!
    Your wish has been granted. Assassin's Creed Origins is -33% off right now in the Ubisoft store! The Crew was on sale for $12 (US Dollars) on the PC too. I had to buy that. I played it a bit when I was house sitting for my sister over the Independence Day holiday. My brother-in-law had it installed on his XBox One and I had fun playing that.
    Last chance to get these games for free.
  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710
    As much as I loved AC2(It was my favorite), the new Origins takes the crown for me.  They've done an incredible job with Origins and I hope they follow that style from here on out. As for AC4, I need to grab it! Assassins creed game for free?!?! Why the hell not?! Incredible series
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Thanks for the notice,tried it,didn't like the icy controls.The UI controls is what is failing most every game i try,nothing feels like natural movement,like i am struggling to move where i want to move.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Torval said:
    Uplay is also having a good sale right now. You can get the Ezio collection (3 games) for $15 directly through Uplay. Through Steam those come to $24 (on sale) and on Playstation they're $49 right now (not on sale). That is AC2, Revelations, and Brotherhood.
    It was sad watching Ezio grow old, brings a tear to my eye ;)
    Octagon7711

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee