Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taking a 2017 Victory Lap with Santa Hero aka Meltdown - Ship of Heroes Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageTaking a 2017 Victory Lap with Santa Hero aka Meltdown - Ship of Heroes Videos - MMORPG.com

Ship of Heroes has had a big year in 2017. In a new video, the team takes a victory lap for all of its accomplishments throughout the year as well as showing off a budding holiday event and some nifty flying action and costumes.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I'm not sure about anyone else, but I think advancements on this title have been going pretty well.
    SBFordBlaze_Rocker
  • Blaze_RockerBlaze_Rocker Member UncommonPosts: 370

Albatroes said:

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I think advancements on this title have been going pretty well.

This is the type of progress you can make with a competent, qualified team of people working together with good leadership. The only thing keeping me from supporting it is the whole spaceship setting. If the developers dumped it and went with a more traditional setting I'd abandon my chosen project, break the promise I made and join up with these guys in a heartbeat.

I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.

• ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546
    I have high hopes for this game we have lost to many super hero games and Im hoping this will help fill the COH void for a little while
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,319

The only thing keeping me from supporting it is the whole spaceship setting. If the developers dumped it and went with a more traditional setting I'd abandon my chosen project, break the promise I made and join up with these guys in a heartbeat.

Thing is you can't really tell it's a space ship for the most part and making it one opens up more opportunities for things to happen in a game you don't get in a traditional setting.

Also people have been complaining about cookie cutter MMOs and how no one is daring to do something different. SoH is doing something different so why not roll with it?
    Samhael
  • Blaze_RockerBlaze_Rocker Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Alverant said:

The only thing keeping me from supporting it is the whole spaceship setting. If the developers dumped it and went with a more traditional setting I'd abandon my chosen project, break the promise I made and join up with these guys in a heartbeat.
    Thing is you can't really tell it's a space ship for the most part and making it one opens up more opportunities for things to happen in a game you don't get in a traditional setting.

Also people have been complaining about cookie cutter MMOs and how no one is daring to do something different. SoH is doing something different so why not roll with it?

I'm not one of the people who have been complaining about "cookie-cutter" MMOs. I'm also still a firm-believer in the traditional setting of a primary/base planet with its own natural ecosystems rather than those that are manufactured and maintained. I may come around to something else later but for now I'm sticking with what I know, even if I'm left behind because of my beliefs.

I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,495
    "I may come around to something else later but for now I'm sticking with what I know, even if I'm left behind because of my beliefs."
    I think there's room (at least for me) for more than one MMO. While I am not interested in the space ship thing, I won't choose to let that "belief" stop me from being interested in what this game might turn out to be.