Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PUBG Team Apologizes for Inappropriate Female Model on Test Server - PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds -

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Sovrath said:

I"m starting to think that people who are pointing fingers at SJW'S are the same type of people, just a different side of the coin.
    I've thought that for a long time. Hell, if anything, they seem to be much more obsessed with the topic, never passing up an opportunity to label others SJW, than those they're calling that.
    MadFrenchieSovrathMrMelGibsonalkarionlog
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited December 2017
    Reminds me of the YouTube camel toe prank.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Iselin said:
    Sovrath said:

I"m starting to think that people who are pointing fingers at SJW'S are the same type of people, just a different side of the coin.
    I've thought that for a long time. Hell, if anything, they seem to be much more obsessed with the topic, never passing up an opportunity to label others SJW, than those they're calling that.
    It's quite ironic, isn't it?
    MrMelGibson

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited December 2017
    jj7009 said:

Who is shaming people who dont want it. They already have options as in PUTTING THE STARTER PANTS ON. No one is forcing you to run around in underwear. You wouldn't stop a free the nipple campaign over someone else getting offended, you wouldnt say the people who dont like it are shamed. What kind of backwards logic is that?
    Dude, chill. I am not offended and my exact words were "I'd venture most women..." That means it's my personal guess.

All the people who have been shouting down others who may be offended (which I am not, just eyerollingly bemused) by telling them they're "prudes" or "uptight" or "have no right to take this out of my game" in an effort to stifle conversation are wrong. And before your hackles go up, it's equally as wrong the other way 'round. It just seems the loudest screeching on this issue is coming from those who think it's not a big deal and no one should be bothered by it. 

Well, some folks are bothered and their voices matter too.

Personally, I don't play PUBG and I could care less if it's there or not. But it was over-the-top because no matter what anyone says, that ain't comfortable. ;) 

If more peole had bothered to read how this whole thing came about, the discussion started by bemoaning how uncomfortably yanked into the woman's crotch the skivvies are and how unnaturally large the labia are, NOT because it was there. PUBG Corp chose to step in and apologize, though it wasn't "demanded or asked for"...though perhaps those voices chimed in later too.

Sometimes people just make a habit out of being offended at people who are offended. :D

Self-edited to remove inflammatory language. Apologies :)
    IselinOrthelianMrMelGibsonalkarionlog[Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,171
    edited December 2017

It's tasteless and pointless. Would you like your character's idle animation to include pulling your underwear out of your crack? As for equating violence with sexuality, do you really want to go down that path? Blurring the two can get pretty dark. Jack the Ripper RPG anyone? It's not a good argument let's not go there.

Pointing out that the depiction of extreme violence and gore is more acceptable than the outline of female genitalia through stretched, thin cloth isn't equating violence with sexuality.

Rather, it is comment regarding the questionable state of a society where such is the case. It is a debate that has been appropriately raised many times.

That you are trying to spin the comment into something entirely different than what it is makes me wonder what your motivation was for using this transparent tactic.
    Orthelianalkarionlog
    SBFord said:
    jj7009 said:

Who is shaming people who dont want it. They already have options as in PUTTING THE STARTER PANTS ON. No one is forcing you to run around in underwear. You wouldn't stop a free the nipple campaign over someone else getting offended, you wouldnt say the people who dont like it are shamed. What kind of backwards logic is that?
    Dude, chill. I am not offended and my exact words were "I'd venture most women..." That means it's my personal guess. Shouting down people who may be offended (which I am not, just eyerollingly bemused) by telling them they're "prudes" or "uptight" or "have no right to take this out of my game" in an effort to stifle conversation is wrong. It's equally as wrong the other way 'round. It just seems the loudest screeching on this issue is coming from those who think it's not a big deal and no one should be bothered by it. 

Well, to some folks, it is. Their voices matter too.

Personally, I don't play PUBG and I could care less if it's there or not. But it was over-the-top because no matter what anyone says, that ain't comfortable. ;) 
    It's almost as if it hasn't occurred to them that there may be other reasons for finding this sort of thing tacky in games.

I have zero problems with titillation, real world or virtual. But I would rather keep that somewhere over there away from cheapening games.

Hell most of us feel the same way. If not, Scarlet Blade would have been huge.

And like you, stuff like this in games also makes me envision pre-pubescent boys chortling.
    SovrathSBFordMadFrenchieMrMelGibsonGhavrigg
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• OrthelianOrthelian Member UncommonPosts: 1,034
    Throughout this thread:

> pre-pubescent

Favorites: EQEVE | Playing: None. Mostly VR and strategy | Anticipating: CUPantheon
    Orthelian said:
    Throughout this thread:

> pre-pubescent

Yeah, you're right. Some people get stuck there and never make it past that hump...so to speak.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• OrthelianOrthelian Member UncommonPosts: 1,034
    edited December 2017
    No, my implication is "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Nothing important, just a funny observation.

Favorites: EQEVE | Playing: None. Mostly VR and strategy | Anticipating: CUPantheon
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    The character models do not look anything like in the concept picture shown above ): just installed it to check it.
    Orthelian said:
    No, my implication is "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
    Well I don't know about you but I remember being that pre-pubescent boy myself and my memory is pretty damn good.

I know exactly what it meant to find a Playboy or Penthouse for the very first time and sharing it with your buds. Much half-befuddled giggling was had by all.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• 03cobradude03cobradude Member UncommonPosts: 47
    I personal feel offended that they don't look like a burly man-a-women with a Russian accent. That's what I was hopping for, we can all have dreams.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    edited December 2017
    oh come on , is like we are in middle age....we all have seen a cameltoe , sooner or later on our lives , and if u are a kid u dont even wonder what its , because u already know that kids have penises and women have vaginas....if a guy has a bulge on swimsuit , a female has a cameltoe
    its how we are as humans , same goes for other things like nipples , we males have it too and ? who the hell cares? oh yeah the same old "group" of "warriors"
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,171
    SBFord said:

Sometimes people just make a habit out of being offended at people who are offended. :D

Understandably so, to a degree, in a general sense rather than this specific issue.

These days so many people are inclined to declare being offended by so many things, often of such little actual consequence, that someone being in such a state has begun to lose any significance.

In gets to the point that it produces a 'Chicken Little' effect. So many are crying that the sky is falling so often over that the truly offensive things that one should take note of are swamped out by endless irrelevant angst.
    SBFordbartoni33EponyxDamor
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Finally, some game does something right and they snuff it out.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Looks more like spider fangs to be honest.

SBFordOctagon7711JeffSpicoliEponyxDamor
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Asheram said:

Thanks for ruining cameltoe for me forever, dude. :(
    AsheramSBFordIselinAmatheOctagon7711cameltosisSovrathEponyxDamorPhry

• jj7009jj7009 Member UncommonPosts: 223
    SBFord said:
    jj7009 said:

Dude, chill. I am not offended and my exact words were "I'd venture most women..." That means it's my personal guess.

All the people who have been shouting down others who may be offended (which I am not, just eyerollingly bemused) by telling them they're "prudes" or "uptight" or "have no right to take this out of my game" in an effort to stifle conversation are wrong. And before your hackles go up, it's equally as wrong the other way 'round. It just seems the loudest screeching on this issue is coming from those who think it's not a big deal and no one should be bothered by it. 

Well, some folks are bothered and their voices matter too.

If more peole had bothered to read how this whole thing came about, the discussion started by bemoaning how uncomfortably yanked into the woman's crotch the skivvies are and how unnaturally large the labia are, NOT because it was there. PUBG Corp chose to step in and apologize, though it wasn't "demanded or asked for"...though perhaps those voices chimed in later too.

Self-edited to remove inflammatory language. Apologies :)
    I apologize for my explosion it was uncalled for. Another game I really enjoyed was murdered by censorship. (Hyper Universe) It was and still is a really fun game. The problem is they toned down the female sexualization in a such a goofy way. For example plenty of models are the same but they used a size editor to shrink the boobs. Now some of them just have a small bulge towards the middle of the chest. It just looks goofy. The ninja got her art changed but they only shrunk one breast. Then players asked for a toggle option and we were told it would defeat the purpose... Then they started massive ban waves on the feedback forums so even mentioning it gets you silenced. I'm fine with toning down forced sexualization for people who don't want it. Options are always a good thing but forcing the opposite kills the community. My first post was just me venting and I sincerely apologize.
  • jj7009jj7009 Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Asheram said:

Thanks for ruining cameltoe for me forever, dude. :(
    I think he just ruined kinky foreplay in general.
    MadFrenchieOctagon7711
  • Apollymi452Apollymi452 Member UncommonPosts: 36
    I literally had to read the comments to figure out what was wrong. All this fuss over camel toe? I've seen worse in God Of War which has full on nudity!
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    SBFord said:

Understandably so, to a degree, in a general sense rather than this specific issue.

These days so many people are inclined to declare being offended by so many things, often of such little actual consequence, that someone being in such a state has begun to lose any significance.

In gets to the point that it produces a 'Chicken Little' effect. So many are crying that the sky is falling so often over that the truly offensive things that one should take note of are swamped out by endless irrelevant angst.
    You should then understand when someone else is offended at your offence of someone elses offence. These are free countries right?!?! Long live hypocrisy!
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    IM NOT SURE IF THIS IS RELATED TO THE THREAD BUT I ALWAYS MAXED OUT MY PENIS LENGTH IN CONAN EXILES!

Yes i typed in all caps cause i wanted to emphasize i was yelling..... 
    Galadourn
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    lol, talk about nitpicking nowadays... we are full steam reverse to conservatism :(
    JeffSpicoli
  • JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009
    Its not about the morality, its a jarring change to the design that came out of nowhere. Conan Exiles made it very clear about what the game is about which is why no one gets triggered.

PUBG was never about sex appeal, no one had any expectation that this was part of the game. When it gets shoehorned in out of the blue of course people are going to notice.

If you walk into McDonalds and a topless waitress greets you, regardless of whether think it is appropriate, it will be a complete shock.
    PhrySBFordJeffSpicoli
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Jacobin said:
    Its not about the morality, its a jarring change to the design that came out of nowhere. Conan Exiles made it very clear about what the game is about which is why no one gets triggered.

PUBG was never about sex appeal, no one had any expectation that this was part of the game. When it gets shoehorned in out of the blue of course people are going to notice.

If you walk into McDonalds and a topless waitress greets you, regardless of whether think it is appropriate, it will be a complete shock.
    Well said and I concur 100%.
    alkarionlog

¯\_(ツ)_/¯