Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Lord of the Rings Living Card Game Revealed by Asmodee Digital - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageThe Lord of the Rings Living Card Game Revealed by Asmodee Digital - MMORPG.com News

Asmodee Digital and Fantasy Flight Interactive have announced Lord of the Rings Living Card Game. Avid TCG players will recognize Fantasy Flight as the innovators behind a table top TCG called The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game. "Living" TCGs remove randomness and focus on story through a narrative-driven experience.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    This is fantastic. Taking the randomness out of card pack purchases has me interested. If it works out as it is described, and if the game play is fun, I'll be moving over to it. :)
    BruceYee

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

SBFord said:

This is fantastic. Taking the randomness out of card pack purchases has me interested. If it works out as it is described, and if the game play is fun, I'll be moving over to it. :)

It's single player only.
    That takes a lot of the fun out of an online card game.
    OyjordOzmodan

..Cake..

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    sgel said:

SBFord said:

It's single player only.
    That takes a lot of the fun out of an online card game.
    Yep, I suppose. However, I wonder what the possibility is about adding MP components later on? After all, Q1 2018 is just early access. Either way, not having to spend millions of bucks to get the cards I want has great appeal.
    BruceYee

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited December 2017
    SBFord said:
    Either way, not having to spend millions of bucks to get the cards I want has great appeal.
    You can spend a truckload of bucks on LCGs as well, they're just removing the randomness (* from the boosters), and adding narrative - both are great decisions, if you ask me, but I'm a story player anyways :wink:

The printed version is only optionally single-player, it is aimed for 2 (optionally 1-4 players) so there's a good chance for multiplayer here too.
    Fingers crossed that this digital version won't be steam-only... I don't play gabe :smiley:  but hopefully it's just the EA phase.
    SBFord
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Definitely one to watch. Hope they add some others like the Star Wars stuff too.
    SBFord

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• ImpressionableKomiImpressionableKomi Member CommonPosts: 1
    edited February 2018
    Post edited by ImpressionableKomi on
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    I've avoided all these online card games as they did not interest me at all, but a Lotr one may draw me in to trying them.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red