Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long do you play in one sitting?

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    DMKano said:
    Zero hours played in one sitting.

I switched to standing desks both at home and work about 4 yeara ago.

excellent idea. I do have a stationary bike in my studio to use when gaming but i haven't really used it in a while. A standing desk for my PC can make it easier to revitalize the good old healthy gaming habits.

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    kitarad said:
    I'm still able to pull 72hr with certain life-enhancers. Nothing two weeks of regret wouldn't fix. 
    What would that be formaldehyde ? I'd be dead after 72 hours of gaming.
    I can't openly give such advise around here. Think of the children.. ;)
    cameltosis
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
    I used to play a lot in my Ultima Online, Everquest, and World of Warcraft days.  It wore me out though.  I wasn't getting enough sleep, exercise, nutrition, etc.  I felt exhausted due to lack of sleep between work and gaming.  My longest stint was probably one-day camping for jboots during an Everquest special event.  I collapsed into sleep for about a day afterward.  I usually play for a few hours each day now if I can find a single player game I actually enjoy.  That is not always the case.  I don't like to do it too much as playing games seems to irritate my eyes more than other activities like watching TV shows.  It's probably something to do with having to stare at the screen intently waiting to react to something.  That is why I prefer linear story driven games these days, but not in the style MMOs use.  CInematics like in the Witcher, Mass Effect, and Uncharted give you lots of time to take a break in between the action.  If I play a game for a long time I don't really want it to be something that is very intense.
    DMKano said:

excellent idea. I do have a stationary bike in my studio to use when gaming but i haven't really used it in a while. A standing desk for my PC can make it easier to revitalize the good old healthy gaming habits.
    DMKano said:

I've tried standing desks and I'm still not sure about them. I don't think standing still is any more natural than sitting down and it can put lots of stress on the knees and feet. Moving while playing a game is to distracting for me. I personally prefer to sit in a reclined position in my bed and use a controller or wireless keyboard to navigate. This seems to bother my body the least. If I want to exercise I'd rather devote a period of time to that which has nothing to do with computers. That is just what seems to work for me though. To each their own.
    Kyleran
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Other than 2 hours for exercise, I can can (and do) spend every day playing games all day, seven days a week ! :D
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Other than 2 hours for exercise, I can can (and do) spend every day playing games all day, seven days a week ! :D
    Under house arrest? Only reason I would do such a thing.

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    Used to play nonstop night day insomniac breaking to lift weights.  Burning through games less than a month blaming makers for shitty content (in my head if not out loud on forums).  Now I think forcing other people to be responsible for my escapism is self centered behavior.  Tried game creation code, model, rig, animate, etc.  What I find is I am a very lazy beast that wants to blame everyone but myself.  Rather than waste time denigrating I have cracked down on a schedule.  Already had routine for weights might as well for rest.

k61977CryomatrixRidelynn

• Will_AlterWill_Alter Member CommonPosts: 6
    Depending how much time I have I can play from 2 to 16 hours a day. Usually, weekends when I have more time for that. :)
  • dougha1dougha1 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    Hour to an hour and a half per session, once a day.  Carpal tunnel limits it to that.  Sigh.

Unless it is a game that has some kind of built in botting system like JD or Forsaken world does.

Sometime I don't play, but chat in guild chat. :p  Regular typing seems to be OK on the carpal.

p.s. Also have used a standing desk, but it makes my neck hurt.  Go figure.
    This forum is broken. It is time to move to proboards, because they're broken.
  • SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    1-3 hours at a time.  If I'm streaming or something, I tend to go longer.  I try (usually with success) to make myself log off every hour and go do something active for at least fifteen minutes before returning to a game.  On a weekend I may still play 6-10 hours in a day if nothing else is going on (not including breaks).

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    DMKano said:

I switched to standing desks both at home and work about 4 years ago.

• Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• LuposDavalteLuposDavalte Member UncommonPosts: 91
    I don't get enough time to regularly game these days. When I do get a chance to get it is usually a marathon session of 12 hours or so... or long enough for a viscous layer of congealed shame to form over my adult diaper clad physique.
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Between getting married, up coming birthday parties, Christmas, work and my usual long time at the gym.... No time at all.  Only free time is between 4 and 6 am, 8 on weekends. I don't feel like getting my pressure up that early in the morning.

When I get to work today, first thing is shovel a spot in the snow so I have a place to stand outside all day..... It's gonna be a bad winter, I have to keep my 100 yard driveway open with my snow blower for me, the wife and night shift nursing to make it to my house, were taking care of a disabled child.  All this at 54 years old. 

I have Mass Effect 2, P1999 and eventually will get Divinity Original Sin 2... some day !  
    KyleranConstantineMerus
  • JunglecharlyJunglecharly Member UncommonPosts: 167
    edited December 2017
    Unbreak my heart say you'll love me again. Undo this hurt you caused when...

Anyway good question, being unemployed, single and surviving on bread and olives when i sit i streamline 20 to 23 hours of gaming, split between mmos and mobas.

Some single-player just to relax, for about an hour, then 10 minutes of yoga, 15 minutes of "self-improvement", 10 minutes of eating a burger with only buns, 8 minutes of crying. Then repeat, vanilla wow, archeage, aoc, Eve, Warframe grind and Wildstar. LoL and Hots, some Dota,  Pillars of Eternity and NwN 1 & 2, repeat cycle. It's not for everyone i know.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Between getting married, up coming birthday parties, Christmas, work and my usual long time at the gym.... No time at all.  

No time at all for me either and i have to post here (because it is more fun, and this time comes out of my gaming budget).

But i realize that i do not have to play games. Entertainment is entertainment. If i have an hour, it is really up to me to decide if i want to stream the latest Netflix stuff, play a game, or read a book. It is LESS fun if i have to pre-commit to anything. Just go with the flow at the moment. 
    Between getting married, up coming birthday parties, Christmas, work and my usual long time at the gym.... No time at all.  

No time at all for me either and i have to post here (because it is more fun, and this time comes out of my gaming budget).

But i realize that i do not have to play games. Entertainment is entertainment. If i have an hour, it is really up to me to decide if i want to stream the latest Netflix stuff, play a game, or read a book. It is LESS fun if i have to pre-commit to anything. Just go with the flow at the moment. 
    You almost have it right.  The goal you should be striving towards is to play a game AND watch something on Netflix AND read a book or webite AND interact with family, all at the same time.

Yes, I am a multi-tasking master 

B)
    [Deleted User]

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Kyleran said:

You almost have it right.  The goal you should be striving towards is to play a game AND watch something on Netflix AND read a book or webite AND interact with family, all at the same time.

Yes, I am a multi-tasking master 

B)

I tried. Hard to do that. I need to focus. When I watch netflix, i can't read. When I read, i can't play games. When i play games, I can't work (except checking and waiting for analysis to run).

And when my wife calls ... well ... doing anything else but focusing on her is a recipe to spend the night at the guest room .. so she always have my 100% attention (at least i try). Plus, for all the talk about community here, shouldn't people here put their family above mere games?
    I did multiple things when I was younger.  Usually, it would be playing games and watching movies.  This gave me lots of headaches.  I also did this at work and it made caused me to make poor decisions as my brain couldn't focus on a thing.  I guess multitasking isn't for everyone.  I generally prefer to focus on one thing at a time and even that I like to take my time and think about each step carefully.  To each their own.  I did see a show that said moms are usually pretty good at multitasking because they have to juggle the kids and different tasks at once.  It also said people who think they are good at multitasking are often not so good as they believe.
  • flinch.fosterflinch.foster Member CommonPosts: 2
    I mainly took around 2 hrs within a day to play a game in one sitting. As of now, currently I'm playing for like an hour this MMORPG, Return of Warrior: http://rowplayon.com/Page/en/main.jsp. My back is hurting if I stayed around 3 hrs playing the game in one sitting.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    depends on the game and how new it is.  Wow vanilla 8 hrs, Div. Original sin 2 4 hrs at a time

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• dougha1dougha1 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    15 minutes of "self-improvement",
    Masturbation?  :smiley:
    Kyleran[Deleted User]MadFrenchie
    This forum is broken. It is time to move to proboards, because they're broken.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Loke666 said:
    Akulas said:
    5 hours in the morning, 5 hours at night. With a full time job in between.
    You don't sleep much, do you? And live awefully close to your job... :)
    3-4 hour sleep a night, 10 hour work day 6 days a week, job is 5 minute walk down the road. 

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

Akulas said:
    Loke666 said:
    Akulas said:
    5 hours in the morning, 5 hours at night. With a full time job in between.
    You don't sleep much, do you? And live awefully close to your job... :)
    3-4 hour sleep a night, 10 hour work day 6 days a week, job is 5 minute walk down the road. 
    Understandably single then.
    Sovrath

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Currently: Zero (I am between games)

Normally: A couple of hours in an evening

Longest in a sitting: 2.5 days (Everquest epic mob camp)

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    All those who have done 2 days plus straight msg me how you did it. Im 36 and a medical professional, more curious than doing it myself
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations.