Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wintersday Returns December 12th, Runs Through January 2nd - Guild Wars 2 - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageWintersday Returns December 12th, Runs Through January 2nd - Guild Wars 2 - MMORPG.com

Guild Wars 2 News - Guild Wars 2 is ready to unleash Wintersday on Tyria starting December 12th. The annual event will run through January 2nd and will bring the holiday spirit to everyone during the "beloved Tyrian tradition". As always, players will be able to enjoy some of the game's best-loved events including The Winter Wonderland jumping puzzle.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Anyone else cringe when you hear "jumping puzzle"?
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Viper482 said:

100% YES. LOL :D
    Thupli

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    edited December 2017
    love jumping puzzles , is one of the things i enjoy the most in gw2
    Thuplispeedylegs8
  • chronoss2015chronoss2015 Member UncommonPosts: 217
    Viper482 said:
    dont do em and this is why i dont play much of this game no more....its wvw is boring and the new stuff didnt impress me
    speedylegs8
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Actually the Winter Wonderland JP is the thing I am looking forward to the most.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836

Viper482 said:

Sometimes. I enjoy some of them, despise others. They have their audience, and I can certainly see the appeal for exploration. I just have too low of a bar for stress and frustration these days to get the most out of them.
    [Deleted User]
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Aeander said:

Sometimes. I enjoy some of them, despise others. They have their audience, and I can certainly see the appeal for exploration. I just have too low of a bar for stress and frustration these days to get the most out of them.
    The frustration is rather less if you play human or Sylvary then any of the other races. Charr and Norns are so huge it often is hard to see where you jump. As for asuras I don't know if they actually is harder or my unconciousness just want to see the Wile E Coyote fall there, they look very comically when they fall for some reason (I might need help).

Still, I agree that some jumping puzzles are too frustrating for me, particularly the Halloween tower. The winter wonderland one isn't that bad though, while it isn't one of the easier it isn't one of the hardest either.

Personally did I like the X-mas event of the first game way better.
  • ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    Looking more forward to some Condi balance that is coming with it. Less stacks, longer duration. Now if they could keep adding some balance changes every patch they drop.
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    Meh, if I want jumping puzzles, I'll go play Super Mario Odyssey.  Guild War 2's jumping puzzles made this completionist quit.
  • SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

Tiamat64 said:

Meh, if I want jumping puzzles, I'll go play Super Mario Odyssey.  Guild War 2's jumping puzzles made this completionist quit.

So you sucked that badly at them, eh?

• Grendizer73Grendizer73 Member UncommonPosts: 71
    BTW: the official site still haven't published any news about it :D
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Thupli said:
    Looking more forward to some Condi balance that is coming with it. Less stacks, longer duration. Now if they could keep adding some balance changes every patch they drop.
    That will help. But ultimately, conditions need a universal damage drop and duration increase if they are going to exist as a ramping damage playstyle.