Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why dont they just make world of warcraft 2?

ScoliozScolioz Member UncommonPosts: 110
with brand new graphics............  or Diablo MMORPG.....

shits boring as fuck......
ThebeastttMensurMikehaXarkobcbullyViper482HarikenForgottenEntityRenoakuValentinaand 3 others.

Comments

• alivenaliven Member UncommonPosts: 346
    Scolioz said:

Milions of players disagree with ya. 
    [Deleted User]IceAge
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    no most people would love a new MMO from Blizzard or WOW 2 but they will not do it cause they don't have too they just release a DLC every year and make enough money on the sub. fee.
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    edited December 2017
    It's a good idea !!!!!!! 

However: 
    Blizzard's mindset is "make it easy for kids"...... This makes it a bad idea.  

WoW 1 would have to run a much longer course and dry up.  Not a good idea to compete against yourself. 
    Post edited by delete5230 on
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,511
    Scolioz said:

I hear you brother!

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    You will never see another MMO out of Blizzard.  First of all they wouldn't want to compete with themselves.  Secondly to do it they would most likely kill the first one off which would just be plain stupid to do till it is no longer profitable.  There is a reason they scrapped Titan and turned it into Overwatch.
    Forgrimmwaynejr2nightraiderAlomar[Deleted User]
  • Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
    I can only remember one MMO sequel and that was Everquest 2.  I don't think it was a better game and I'm fairly sure it never acquired as large a player base.  At best it split it's own player base in two.  It came at a bad time as well because a lot of people were jumping ship for World of Warcraft.

Part of why I don't play MMOs anymore is because of their very nature.  They are meant to go on endlessly and it causes stagnation.  Once one is created it is just milked for as long as possible. 
    BruceYeejimmywolf
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    " Build It and They Will Come " good idea.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    If they did I doubt they change from their stylized graphics.
    [Deleted User]
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Because they don't want to spend 5 years and a couple hundred million dollars developing a product in a declining genre that would cannibalize their current product which is still very successful.
    HatefullGhavriggSkymourne[Deleted User]Kyleranwaynejr2d_20YashaXSovrathHawkaya399and 1 other.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    It most likely wouldn't be as successful, but even if its only half that is still better than anything else.
  • KopogerooKopogeroo Member UncommonPosts: 18
    edited December 2017
    Real life PvP and breeding is the current endgame most vets are involved in right now while the kiddies are drowning themselves in entertainment that's been pumped into the market for many decades that they're still trying to catch up on, especially in the movies and tv series/shows industry not just in gaming.

Bottom line, the primal species are happy with how things are to begin a golden age through new creation/innovation/invention. Then you have the modern kingdoms aka governments control the labor force in this case the software developers who are paying 10x more than what some private, indie company would pay.

If anything will come into the market it will be from some insanely rich individual who wants a specific MMORPG really bad or some desperate crowd like what happen in Star Citizen to fund their dream/hope and get peanuts in the process.

Too much pay to win/advance has also plagued this genre in the modern era and lack of regulations/laws in North America has left it vulnerably and unstable/uncertain. If anything after world war III we can see far superior inventions/products in the gaming industry because if anything the primal species will learn that if most of humanity are left without toys to play they will start a conflict out of boredom.

With a growing population and slow but certain decrease of living standard it also makes sense people to be more involved with things that can allow them to experience entertainment while living responsible within their means. At the end your life is far safer when you're indoor than outdoor interacting with the rest of the primal species.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    It's quite amazing that the first post managed to spark a serious debate.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Kopogeroo said:
    Real life PvP and breeding is the current endgame most vets are involved in right now while the kiddies are drowning themselves in entertainment that's been pumped into the market for many decades that they're still trying to catch up on, especially in the movies and tv series/shows industry not just in gaming.

Bottom line, the primal species are happy with how things are to begin a golden age through new creation/innovation/invention. Then you have the modern kingdoms aka governments control the labor force in this case the software developers who are paying 10x more than what some private, indie company would pay.

If anything will come into the market it will be from someone insanely rich individual who wants a MMORPG really bad or some desperate crowd like what happen in Star Citizen to fund their dream/hope and get peanuts in the process.

Too much pay to win/advance has also plagued this genre in the modern era and lack of regulations/laws in North America has left it vulnerably and unstable/uncertain. If anything after world war III we can see far superior inventions/products in the gaming industry because if anything the primal species will learn that if most of humanity are left without toys to play they will start a conflict out of boredom.

With a growing population and slow but certain decrease of living standard it also makes sense people to be more involved with things that can allow them to experience entertainment while living responsible within their means. At the end your life is far safer when you're indoor than outdoor interacting with the rest of the primal species.

Sweet nibblets son, while I agree with a few of your points, after reading that I had to go off and have a double scotch and tell myself everything will be OK, while slowly rocking backwards and forwards in my safe place.

• btdtbtdt Member RarePosts: 523
    Hate to tell you this, but there are already too many MMORPGs out there to begin with.  Even if ANYONE could actually make the elusive holy grail of an MMO that everyone dreams of, it will still never garner the masses like original WoW did.  That train has long left the station.

Case in point, the original Star Wars movie was far bigger than ANY of the sequels that followed it. 

DOOM... another good example of a perfect lightning strike.

These events happen once because no one expected it to happen.  If you go looking for it, it will never happen.  Hence, you don't actually create that lightning strike, it just happens.

Blizzard knows this because they didn't even anticipate the reaction that WoW got.  They really had no idea what was going to happen.  They only expected the usual sales/interest of their other titles.  So you see, they didn't go out intending to make a Messiah out of WoW, it happened all by itself.  Which is why trying to create another is a foolish endeavor to begin with... you never created the first one, it just happened.
  • deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    It would end up to be another WoW jr.

Blizzard has never had a clue about MMO markets, even tho they try to convince otherwise giving us BS about market researches and data they have collected, which they have no idea how to interpret it. Announcing classic servers is yet another desperate move they make. They believe they have a perfect MMO in their hands, but can't figure why the subs are dropping year after year, so they need to experiment if classic truly did something better than casual and super accessible linear single-player MMO.

Once this process is completed and they finally realise where things went wrong it's time to think WoW 2. They scrapped project Titan, which was a smart move since all evidence suggests that Titan would have been pretty much like Wildstar, a.k.a linear, action orientated, casual and cute with spammable dungeon finder tool and weak mobs you can aoe down while watching TV.

We will see WoW 2 sooner than later, that's for sure, but for the sake of all parties i hope it will be released in distant future by new dev team and under new management.
    Kyleraneastercow
  • hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    Forgrimm said:
    Because they don't want to spend 5 years and a couple hundred million dollars developing a product in a declining genre that would cannibalize their current product which is still very successful.
     lol, genre is growing or evolving, not dying. Pretty much everything nowdays is a MMO, problem is a few years ago we had 5 MMORPGs,  now we have 100s. However, a WoW 2, or a Starcraft/Diablo MMO would be an abysmal success. Wow is old, and they know it. 
    Forgrimm
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    deniter said:

Blizzard has never had a clue about MMO markets, even tho they try to convince otherwise giving us BS about market researches and data they have collected, which they have no idea how to interpret it. Announcing classic servers is yet another desperate move they make. They believe they have a perfect MMO in their hands, but can't figure why the subs are dropping year after year, so they need to experiment if classic truly did something better than casual and super accessible linear single-player MMO.

Once this process is completed and they finally realise where things went wrong it's time to think WoW 2. They scrapped project Titan, which was a smart move since all evidence suggests that Titan would have been pretty much like Wildstar, a.k.a linear, action orientated, casual and cute with spammable dungeon finder tool and weak mobs you can aoe down while watching TV.

We will see WoW 2 sooner than later, that's for sure, but for the sake of all parties i hope it will be released in distant future by new dev team and under new management.
    I can't believe you are serious.  Developers of arguably the most financially successful MMORPG of all time, likely played by more gamers world wide than most any other in the genre and a host of other big name online games "doesn't have a clue" about MMOs?

Think before you post again, that was painful.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    well, WoW Classic has the potential of becoming sort of WoW2... in the sense that Blizz could/might offer an alternate progression of events (found in future expansions of the game) adapted to the classic ruleset. We shall see.
    deniter
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    DMKano said:
    Forgrimm said:

Bingo.

It would make no financial sense for Blizzard to do this. 

As long as WoW expansions are making $$$ - they have zero reason to even think about WoW2

They've made billions off of WoW.  Time to get back to your roots Blizzard and put games before profits.  Everyone is waiting for the next Flagship MMO from you.
    MikehaXarkoForgottenEntity
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    edited December 2017
    why would they bother when games like Overwatch & Hearthstone are big hits?

In fact, shouldn't Blizz be innovative and make other type of online games instead rather than rehashing old game types?
    Kyleran
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited December 2017
    When i see a question like this,yes it is an obvious question but it tells me the players don't pay much attention to Blizzard and how they operate.

Blizzard does as little as they can get away with.They will react to volume of complaints but since most are too busy being selfish gamer's to care,not enough complaints roll in.

Blizzard aims for Esport and cash shops now more than ever,they are moving towards that goal.So there is ZERO incentive to make a WOW 2,besides Blizzard fanbois would simply move over to Wow2 unless it was real bad.As well Blizzard as already pointed out "does as little as needed"goes for cheap low end graphics,making a mmorpg in 2017 with more Wow type graphics would be an embarrassment to Blizzard and their team.

So instead they have been aiming for NEW markets,like the moba's,the TCG's,the FPS,my gut feeling is that once FFXI reboot for mobile destroys every mobile game out there,Blizzard will move in and make their own ,quite possibly WOW for mobile or Wow2 for mobiel or Diablo whatever for mobile,that is their next market to attack.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    Kyleran said:
    deniter said:

I can't believe you are serious.  Developers of arguably the most financially successful MMORPG of all time, likely played by more gamers world wide than most any other in the genre and a host of other big name online games "doesn't have a clue" about MMOs?

Think before you post again, that was painful.

I'm at least half serious. As Forgrimm said above, MMOs are a declining genre and imo you can't blame gamers if games of this genre are getting worse every year. Few years ago all graphs and statistics showed how there was more MMO players than ever, now we talk about 'declining genre' and companies release 15 years old games in hope to reclaim some of their former playerbase.

Companies have indicators and data of customer behaviour, and it's easy to misinterpret. They want to find the maximum on the bells graph for the highest possible profit, but for WoW they missed this mark and are on decreasing part of the graph atm.

I've followed WoW official forums for over a decade even if i'm not subscribed. Many years ago there was lots of talking about WoW getting easier and more convene, and one of the Blizzard posters said they have noticed a trend that every time they make something easier the sub numbers go up. So, how long can you keep doing this? How easy a game can be before everyone lost interest in playing it? They seem to think at Blizzards the answer is 'indefinitely'.

As a market leader Blizzard is followed closely by other gaming companies, who try to copy at least the part of Blizzard's success so they design their own games with similar features and mechanics. The exemplar went too far and the followers can't recognize this releasing a game no one wants to play, then they keep wondering why and make even more errors by going further on the path that leads nowhere. So here we are, surrounded by countless of MMOs closing down servers one after another, but it's okay since 'the genre is declining'.

I guess 'doesn't have a clue' was not right, it's more like 'has become blind' while trying to be more successful. As i'm a fan of allegories, i'd say it's like selling automobiles in China and noticing how sales go up every time the price goes down and the vehicle gets smaller and easier to operate. Few rounds later the product has turned to an ordinary bicycle and they congratulate themselves how well their cars sell in the country.
    ForgottenEntity
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    why would they bother when games like Overwatch & Hearthstone are big hits?

In fact, shouldn't Blizz be innovative and make other type of online games instead rather than rehashing old game types?
    Well first some other company has to do the actual innovation so Blizzard can copy, polish up, simplify for mass appeal and market the snot out of it for big bucks.
    Galadournesc-joconnor

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited December 2017
    The bigger question is why dont they just make World of Diablo, but then I realized while typing why they wont....because it would be WoD...Can't really make World of Starcraft because legion already had spaceships and space invasions etc.
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692
    don't fix what ain't broke