Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Get Your Avengers Alliance Fix with Marvel Strike Force - Not So MMO - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageGet Your Avengers Alliance Fix with Marvel Strike Force - Not So MMO - MMORPG.com

I honestly never expected to see another Marvel game in that style again, especially not so soon, but a new title called Marvel Strike Force was recently announced. Currently only available in soft-launch in New Zealand and Canada, Marvel Strike Force is more of a clone of the incredibly popular Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes than it is Avengers Alliance, but the experience is close enough.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• goozmaniagoozmania Member RarePosts: 394
    If there's one thing everyone was asking for, it's another mobile game. /s
    Rinswind89AvarixScotPhloomNickhead420Alverant
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    edited December 2017
    Marvel. Buy today... before we shut down the servers tomorrow. No thanks.
    Rinswind89ManWithNoTanPhloomsschruppNickhead420Ashikuro
  • SaltyDog79SaltyDog79 Member UncommonPosts: 119
    I've been playing it the last couple of days. It's not bad. Very similar to SW: Galaxy of Heroes, and a few others.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Welcome to the future of gaming. Make it on the cheap for mobiles, if it is a success do a port to console and PC. Can't wait, I am sure the ports will be superb. :D
    PhloomNickhead420
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Don't trust putting money in any online Marvel title anymore. They can keep it.
    Phloom
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    That didn't take very long.
    Phloom

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• LilithMLilithM Member UncommonPosts: 82
    No thanks. Mobile games are a disease, and thus I stay away from them.
  • BC_AnimusBC_Animus Member UncommonPosts: 115
    I've kinda given up on mobile games. Pretty much all of them are about the daily, hourly grinds, and praying to the RNG for decent gatcha loot. Most of these you need to pay, and then keep on paying to get a decent experience. No fun at all.
    sschruppNickhead420
  • gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Dauzqul said:

Marvel. Buy today... before we shut down the servers tomorrow.

No thanks.

Normally I'd agree, but their mobile games stay up for, like, ever. The only reason Avengers Alliance shut down is because, one, it was very old and lasted far longer than most MMOs do these days. Two, Playdom started getting a shitty reputation because of how progressively P2W it got, and that bleed the community dry until the few whales left weren't bringing in enough income to warrant the license. Meanwhile even crappy Marvel games like that Puzzle Quest one and the Brawler are still going ridiculously strong.

Also, Disney is buying Fox. It doesn't get all of it (like the news, sadly) due to monopoly laws, but it WILL own the cinematic studios and any subsidiaries dealing with Marvel characters. Expect that you will see mutants appearing in their games again. Chances are they will get back the licensing on all of their characters by the end of next year, for any and all purposes. F4 might not be back though, their retirement was based as much on the lack of fucks all but the most hardcore fans had for that team; they were an older generation team of characters and their book sales showed it. But the X-Men will definitely be back.

Yes, it's only a supposed 'rumor' if you go by the news, but there's already pretty obvious proof out there. Squirrel Girl, who Marvel still owns the license on, is already cast voice for an upcoming animation and live action version of the New Mutants debuting next year, which Fox owns. Storm, Wolverine and other X-Men have also started reappearing in other Marvel games again, such as Future Fight.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Take the same assets and move it over to a cheaper more intrusive platform to create tons of money grabbing options is to me ,very lame practices.
    Mobile is NOT and won't be good ever because the screen is too small the operation keys are too small,there is too little that can be done and seen on the screen,it is a complete waste of time and money to use phones for gaming.
    Even if these mobile games were on a large screen,better controls etc etc,i have yet to see a single FUN game to play,ev1 i have seen is a 1-2/10 at best.

The mention of casually login once a day sounds to me like the game is not fun at all and more forcing one's self to login just for the IP brand more than the game.I feel everyone of us knows all too well how excited gamer's get when they really like a game,they play 6/8/12 hours a day for a few months,they try to race through all content,so to suddenly step back,i don't buy it,doesn't sound like your typical early game excitement to me.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.