Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anything new worth playing?

raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237
Haven't been here in quite some time. Last thing I attempted to play was WoW for the 1000th time, a little Archeage, and a little Wizard 101.. anything new? 

www.facebook.com/themarksmovierules

Currently playing:

FFXIV on Behemoth, FFXI on Eden, and Gloria Victis on NA. 

Comments

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    does it have to be MMO?

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    not much. it seems these days the most played mmos are BDO, ESO, and maybe GW2.....it's actually so stale that the most exciting news of the year was WoW announcing their classic servers project....pretty sad. 
    pretty much everything new is all flash and no substance. all cash shop and no soul. 
    laxie
  • jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    Unless you are into cash shop games then nothing really new out there. Games like BDO look like they may be fun but the cash shop is so bad its not worth getting into.

WoW and ESO are the only games out there that are decent IMO. Your opinion may differ tho.
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    I personally would suggest people find a good guild and then find non-mmos to play together.

if that is unacceptable then maybe keep your eyes out for this:

Dual Universe
    https://www.dualthegame.com/

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    BDO, GW2 and ESO is what I've played in the last 6 months. I can recommend all equally, each for different reasons.

Destiny 2 was alright - got a bit boring in the endgame. It's essentially a loot grind, similar to Diablo. The story and dungeons were good though.

Battlefront 2 has exciting moment-to-moment gameplay. It lacks any beef to make it fun long term (would not recommend).

Just recommended my friend to pick up Witcher 3 and Dragon Age: Inquisition. Both have been exciting games that I played start to finish non-stop (minus food and sleep). Their stories have been gripping and left me wanting more, in a good way.

Witcher was more nuanced and gray - I primarily cared about the main character's relationships with the side characters (which is why I couldn't put it down).

Dragon Age: Inquisition was more high fantasy - I was gripped by the world lore and the main arc. I wanted to learn more about the gods and how they work in the storyline.
    cjmarsh
  • YanocchiYanocchi Member UncommonPosts: 677
    Spellforce III was released on December 7 and looks very interesting.

Raquis
    Baldur's Gate Online - Video Trailer
    * more info, screenshots and videos here

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    MMOs.

GW2
    ESO
    EVE
    SWTOR
    BDO
    Naval Action

Singleplayer.

Divinity Original Sins 2
    Stellaris
    Elite Dangerous
    Witcher 3
    Assassin Creed Origins
    Middle Earth Shadow of War
    Europa Universalis 4

Some games I enjoy playing, maby some of them you also might find some fun.

cjmarsh