Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

XLGames Announces Remastered Version to Debut on KR Server, Orchidna - ArcheAge - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• KiwiHypeKiwiHype Member UncommonPosts: 233
    Sorry Cheyane multi-tasking failed & edited further, no problem.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Even better thanks.
    Chamber of Chains
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    • Why are they remastering a game that drops 75% frame rate the minute there is more than 10 players on the screen?
    • Why are they making it a Fresh Start Server (aka P2W Again From Scratch PT. XXX) instead of updating the game itself for all users?
    • Why don't they address the outstanding issues that effect the game as well?

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Only thing I'd be interested in are a few PvE only zones added up to level max. IMO.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

edited December 2017
    What do you mean? No PvE zones to level in to max ?

One other thing is there a way to check offline if the zone is in peace time I don't want to log in and get killed.
    Chamber of Chains
  • KiwiHypeKiwiHype Member UncommonPosts: 233

cheyane said:

What do you mean? No PvE zones to level in to max ?

One other thing is there a way to check offline if the zone is in peace time I don't want to log in and get killed.

If you log out in your house you are safe. Like I said earlier housing zones unless on the ocean are always PvE/at peace. Or log out in a neutral zone.
    cheyane
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    ..........."is based on "five years of experience operating ArcheAge"

As if this was a good thing.
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Roflmao, fool me once shame on you...fool me twice shame on me and I don't like dudes named shame on top of me.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • lucyfluffylucyfluffy Member UncommonPosts: 17
    The story of the beginning
    My Dear children, What a relief that I could save you
    From the collapse of Auroria.
    Though....I cannot be with you anymore,
    I bless you to become great people.
    My children, Don't get discouraged and stand together.
    Create cities together, Develop a new continent,
    Explore the unknown world and overcome the cruel destiny.
    My children, rehabilitate Auroria and found a nation,
    Which will inherit the brilliant delphinad civilization.
    Even if strong enemies will block your way,
    You can overcome everything with joint forces.
    This is your mission. Create your own civilization.
    If you do not forget your mission, You can become Heroes of new Era.
    Archeage
    KiwiHype
  • fearufearu Member UncommonPosts: 288
    The sole reason for this is that XLGames likes money and knows enough whales will front up to make this worthwhile.
  • RegnorRegnor Member UncommonPosts: 112
    Cheyane, my wife and I have been playing ArcheAge since launch (we also played BDO since launch, but quit about a year in) and I can assure you, you can play the entire game PvE only. You can set up trade routes that are completely safe and stay in the safe zones for everything. You of course get more money trading through PvP zones, but you don't need to. You can craft, run dailies, do just about everything you need in safe zones. Fishing is a blast but is risky because the oceans are almost purely PvP, but if you pick the right server, you won't have a problem because the oceans are HUMONGOUS.
    KiwiHypecheyaneKyleran

Men do not stop playing because they grow old. They grow old because they stop playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Phry said:
    Phry said:
    Kyleran said:
    "It's dead Jim..."

Well at least to me, I learned my lesson during it's first iteration, and I didn't see anything in the announcement to indicate there were any changes to their onerous monitization models.

Upgrading the graphics of the game is certainly welcome as it definitely needed it, but without significant changes to the game itself which at least go some way towards addressing the concerns raised by the players, its pretty much meaningless, along the lines of lipstick on a pig kind of thing. :/
    Can't see anything even hinting at a graphics upgrade.

.. and it's not needed anyway. The game looks great and modern.
    Have a look at BDO, you can see the difference immediately, BDO isn't even a 'new' game as further improvements are possible, the graphics in Archeage are terribly outdated, just check out the horse animations in Archeage, there is at least a generation between the graphics in BDO and Archeage, if XLGames are remastering Archeage then a graphical update is pretty much a baseline requirement, though again, without addressing the other issues in the game including the cash shop items etc. it is not enough. :/
    I'm not saying ArcheAge is the best graphics ever and BDO is clearly better looking.. but ArcheAge is faaaaaaaar from being old.

Don't get your hopes up for a visual upgrade. Like I said, no where in any of the literature does it say they are doing anything to the graphics. Remaster isn't a standardised term, it's a marketing term and it can mean whatever they want it to mean. 
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    Regnor said:
    Cheyane, my wife and I have been playing ArcheAge since launch (we also played BDO since launch, but quit about a year in) and I can assure you, you can play the entire game PvE only. You can set up trade routes that are completely safe and stay in the safe zones for everything. You of course get more money trading through PvP zones, but you don't need to. You can craft, run dailies, do just about everything you need in safe zones. Fishing is a blast but is risky because the oceans are almost purely PvP, but if you pick the right server, you won't have a problem because the oceans are HUMONGOUS.
    Thank you this is good. Which server would  you suggest ?
    Chamber of Chains
  • RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

Subs only server with no cash shop at all would make me come back.

Yep! Hell charge me 30$ a month for a sub only server without a cash shop and a harder stance on RMT and I'd play for awhile.
  • lucyfluffylucyfluffy Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Hey..... old version of archeage is not worth to p2w. Dungeon gear and hasla is better than empherium gear. This remaster is a rework of archeage skill balance, gear gap and crafting. Old version of Archeage is my best memories and experience to all MMO's I ever play. The soundtrack, open world housing zone, the pirate island, the massive illegal tree farm, large skill pvp in hasla while grinding mobs it's very amazing.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Unless they decide to make it a P2P server with no P2W Cash shop then I can't see it really doing much other than bringing back whales who left. I really love Archeage, and I would personally love to play the game, but I can't bring myself to do it. 
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    So they will relaunch the same game with better graphics.... OK

Next!

Sure the graphics could be improved, but if that is their focus instead of fixing their garbage business then they haven't learned anything.

• DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    This game had so much potential, but the business model and the LP system ruined everything, the class system wasnt for me either.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein