Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

XLGames Announces Remastered Version to Debut on KR Server, Orchidna - ArcheAge - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2017 in News & Features Discussion

XLGames Announces Remastered Version to Debut on KR Server, Orchid - ArcheAge - MMORPG.com

ArcheAge News - XLGames will be releasing a "remastered" version of ArcheAge in Korea in January. The remastered AA will only be available on a brand new server called Orchidna and is based on "five years of experience operating ArcheAge". XLG also seems to hint that this could be more widely released as "a new beginning for ArcheAge", though no specific information was given about future deployments of the remaster.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• LurvLurv Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Maybe, since this is a big investment for them, heavily penalize the toxicity that plagues the current AA community?

Getting too old for this $&17!

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    "It's dead Jim..."

Well at least to me, I learned my lesson during it's first iteration, and I didn't see anything in the announcement to indicate there were any changes to their onerous monitization models.

PhryForgrimmThuplitannim78NildenGameboyMarcAlomarcielyJeffSpicoli

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Kyleran said:
    "It's dead Jim..."

Well at least to me, I learned my lesson during it's first iteration, and I didn't see anything in the announcement to indicate there were any changes to their onerous monitization models.

Upgrading the graphics of the game is certainly welcome as it definitely needed it, but without significant changes to the game itself which at least go some way towards addressing the concerns raised by the players, its pretty much meaningless, along the lines of lipstick on a pig kind of thing. :/
    KyleranThuplitannim78Alomar
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited December 2017
    Phry said:
    Kyleran said:
    "It's dead Jim..."

Upgrading the graphics of the game is certainly welcome as it definitely needed it, but without significant changes to the game itself which at least go some way towards addressing the concerns raised by the players, its pretty much meaningless, along the lines of lipstick on a pig kind of thing. :/
    Can't see anything even hinting at a graphics upgrade.

.. and it's not needed anyway. The game looks great and modern.
    Phry[Deleted User]Alomar
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • DeathleecherDeathleecher Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Remake the game with better graphics, and im in. Cant stand the crappy textures and crappy graphics.
  • DeathleecherDeathleecher Member UncommonPosts: 89

Phry said:

Kyleran said:

"It's dead Jim..."

You must be trolling! :D Your kidding right?

ARCAGE AS MODDEN GRAPHICS! WTF! WOW even godt better, there chars got more poligons then the once in arcage.

Oh god

fik the games graphic, and im in
    Xoph
    Phry said:
    Kyleran said:
    "It's dead Jim..."

Have a look at BDO, you can see the difference immediately, BDO isn't even a 'new' game as further improvements are possible, the graphics in Archeage are terribly outdated, just check out the horse animations in Archeage, there is at least a generation between the graphics in BDO and Archeage, if XLGames are remastering Archeage then a graphical update is pretty much a baseline requirement, though again, without addressing the other issues in the game including the cash shop items etc. it is not enough. :/
    Alomar
  • nemein1nemein1 Member UncommonPosts: 10
    i would never go back to this game they ruined every bit of it with p2w even the new server went there eventually and the classes are still unbalanced oh and also its pretty much dead
  • sycogenesissycogenesis Member UncommonPosts: 86
    This is what the third relaunch?
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Sounds to me just like another way of saying "fresh start" servers.
    ThupliTalonsinFlyByKnightApridiseAlomarKyleranSpottyGekko
    Albatroes said:
    Sounds to me just like another way of saying "fresh start" servers.
    After reading it, i am not sure how it can be called 'remastered' as it doesn't sound like they have actually done any 'remastering' of the game at all? so you might well be correct in that its just another 'fresh start' server, though at this point i am not sure there will really be that much interest?
    Remastering does imply that they have actually done some work on the games graphics, but its a term that in this case may well be deliberately misleading. :/
    Thupli
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
     WTF!  I remember trying this game briefly on launch and not being interested but graphics sure are not the problem.

flizzer said:
     WTF!  I remember trying this game briefly on launch and not being interested but graphics sure are not the problem.

The games graphics aren't really that much of an issue compared to the other problems sure, its not as if they are that far behind other games, but the implication is that by using the term 'remastered' that the games graphics had undergone an update. But i do agree that there are other issues with the game that are a bigger problem.
    Alomar
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited December 2017

ArcheAge News - XLGames will be releasing a "remastered" version of ArcheAge in Korea in January. The remastered AA will only be available on a brand new server called Orchidna and is based on "five years of experience operating ArcheAge". 

Five whole years and the only thing they learned was that the game needs better graphics.
    Thupli
  • AreteoAreteo Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Potentially great game utterly ruined by greed. So much so, that I'll never play any game by these developers again.
    NildenAlomar
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited December 2017
    Is it possible to play this game as a pure PvE game like I did Black Desert?
    Chamber of Chains
  • ChromeBallzChromeBallz Member UncommonPosts: 342
    Unless they launch without any cash shop or RMT whatsoever there's little hope for a 'new' version which doesn't actually change the biggest problem of the current one.
    Alomar

Playing: WF
    Played: WoW, GW2, L2, WAR, AoC, DnL (2005), GW, LotRO, EQ2, TOR, CoH (RIP), STO, TSW, TERA, EVE, ESO, BDO
    Tried: EQ, UO, AO, EnB, TCoS, Fury, Ryzom, EU, DDO, TR, RF, CO, Aion, VG, DN, Vindictus, AA

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    cheyane said:
    You can but you'd be very limited. Once you get into the level 30+ zones you can be attacked by other players.
    @Forgrimm So no safe place after 30+ , forget it then thanks. This is why I loved Black Desert despite hating PvP.
    Chamber of Chains
    cheyane said:
    @Forgrimm So no safe place after 30+ , forget it then thanks. This is why I loved Black Desert despite hating PvP.
    You can wait until the contested zones cycle into peace times and enter then. It can be a bit of an  inconvenience though since you have to plan your gameplay around the war/peace cycle.
    How long do those cycles last ?
    Chamber of Chains
    cheyane said:
    How long do those cycles last ?
    Unless it changed since I last played, some zones were on a fixed cycle, around 8 hours. Other zones would cycle depending on player kills in that zone. Every so many PK's that occur in the zone will push the zone to the next cycle. There are 3 or 4 tension or something cycles, then full blown war cycle, followed by a peace cycle.
    8 hours is not so bad hmm ..thanks.
    Chamber of Chains
  • KiwiHypeKiwiHype Member UncommonPosts: 233
    edited December 2017

cheyane said:

You can very much play without any pvp housing zones are now pve (Edit: except on the ocean,) you can craft to max level and there are pve dungeons. Trade runs are now also same continent/cross the ocean protected friendly further supporting pve players.
    Kiwiflava said:

cheyane said:

You can very much play without any pvp housing zones are now pve (Edit: except on the ocean,) you can craft to max level and there are pve dungeons.
    Fabulous thanks
    Chamber of Chains