Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Petition rapidly growing for EA to lose Star Wars license passes 110k signers.

Comments

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    SEANMCAD said:
    Talonsin said:

Disney didn't pay 4 billion dollars to own the most lucrative IP in the world so that a bunch of internet plebs can tell them what they need to do with it. And Disney certainly isn't going to completely alienate the only developer likely willing to pay them what these rights are actually worth because of "Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble." The only thing unreasonable here is even entertaining that you have any say in multi million dollar transactions of massive billion dollar media conglomerates. You don't in this case and you never will. There's also a non zero probability that you will suddenly disappear from your computer chair and suddenly appear on Mars, but the difference is you're not here pretending to know something about quantum mechanics so thankfully we can avoid that equally ridiculous conversation.  

But thanks for the laugh anyways fellas.
    Show me where the bad man touched you and made you so angry...

you got that EXACTLY opposite.

crying over SW IP because of lootboxes....eye roll
    Right... 

You agree with his "topic" so his "tone" is totally not angry.  Lets totally ignore him referring to everyone as internet plebs and his condescending "non-zero probability" rant. 

eye roll...

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    edited December 2017
    Talonsin said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Talonsin said:

Disney didn't pay 4 billion dollars to own the most lucrative IP in the world so that a bunch of internet plebs can tell them what they need to do with it. And Disney certainly isn't going to completely alienate the only developer likely willing to pay them what these rights are actually worth because of "Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble." The only thing unreasonable here is even entertaining that you have any say in multi million dollar transactions of massive billion dollar media conglomerates. You don't in this case and you never will. There's also a non zero probability that you will suddenly disappear from your computer chair and suddenly appear on Mars, but the difference is you're not here pretending to know something about quantum mechanics so thankfully we can avoid that equally ridiculous conversation.  

Right... 

You agree with his "topic" so his "tone" is totally not angry.  Lets totally ignore him referring to everyone as internet plebs and his condescending "non-zero probability" rant. 

eye roll...

complaining about lootboxes = being hurt and crying
    calling people names = being a bully

So if one makes a joke about 'please show me where the bad man hurt you' its about the person crying in this story. the people crying are the lootbox-Gaters...not the people pointing out they are crying
    Huntrezz

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

edited December 2017
    Talonsin said:

Show me on the internet wayback machine when this was still considered a quip. I suggest start at 1996 and move backwards.

https://archive.org/web/

PS. gotten to

Show me where rational, non-angry people post stuff like this:

"This is fringing on pathetic"

"It's called business buckos, and pleading because 'muh feelings' about perfectly legal and sound business decisions from both entities is overtly infantile."

"That's too fucking rich"

"so that a bunch of internet plebs can tell them what they need to do"

"I just don't like when people get into busybody activist mode"

These are all from your posts in this thread.

Using curse words - Check!

Belittling others feelings and viewpoints - Check!

Name calling - Check!

Its confirmed, you are triggered!

httpsiytimgcomvi5KAgeJBISJkhqdefaultjpg

Huntrezzcameltosis
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

SEANMCAD said:
    Talonsin said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Talonsin said:

Right... 

eye roll...

So if one makes a joke about 'please show me where the bad man hurt you' its about the person crying in this story. the people crying are the lootbox-Gaters...not the people pointing out they are crying
    Someone puts a link to a poll about their view on the topic.  The OP never belittled anyone with an opposite opinion or used cuss words or sarcasm to condemn others.  There is a difference between sharing an opinion and crying but in your bizzaro world, anyone who does not agree with you is crying.

holdenfive

edited December 2017
    Talonsin said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Talonsin said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Talonsin said:

Right... 

eye roll...

Someone puts a link to a poll about their view on the topic.  The OP never belittled anyone with an opposite opinion or used cuss words or sarcasm to condemn others.  There is a difference between sharing an opinion and crying but in your bizzaro world, anyone who does not agree with you is crying.

BULLING IS NOT CRYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    being a BULLY does not equal crying about the man who hurt you.

was he a bully? yes.
    but from a logic standpoint you used the wrong insult because this thread is about complaining, and dont give me that cop out about 'oh its just a poll' no this thread is COMPLETELY about crying because the man hurt you
    Huntrezzcameltosis

• holdenfiveholdenfive Member UncommonPosts: 170
    edited December 2017
    Talonsin said:
    Talonsin said:

Show me on the internet wayback machine when this was still considered a quip. I suggest start at 1996 and move backwards.

PS. gotten to

"It's called business buckos, and pleading because 'muh feelings' about perfectly legal and sound business decisions from both entities is overtly infantile."

Name calling - Check!

Its confirmed, you are triggered Negan!

Fixed

Post edited by holdenfive on
  • holdenfiveholdenfive Member UncommonPosts: 170
    edited December 2017
    Talonsin said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Talonsin said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Talonsin said:

Right... 

eye roll...

Bro, you're triggered because you know you're powerless to do anything about EA and you have a major problem with it, but you can't argue with my reasoning because it's indisputable. It has nothing to do with me using naughty words that you don't like.

If it really is the latter holy shit get off the internet already precious snowflake.
    TalonsinMadFrenchie
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Sooo who do you want to give it to? Zenimax? BLizzard?

NCsoft.... I kid i kid....
    [Deleted User]
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Talonsin said:
    Talonsin said:

PS. gotten to

Name calling - Check!

Its confirmed, you are triggered!

httpsiytimgcomvi5KAgeJBISJkhqdefaultjpg

Dawwww pumpkin whatsamatta, you sound like you're about to have an aneurysm.

For someone that actually had the gall to pull out to that vapid touching analogy earlier you sure are having yourself quite a cry about how I touched you on this thread. And you went through the trouble of highlighting the words that triggered you and everything, just lul.

Hang in there champ, do you need a spell? Are you alright to carry on without having any more public meltdowns?

Also, SEANMCAD is right I was being a bully a bit, I shouldn't have been to that guy he didn't deserve it. But you're making it all worth it, don't worry. Pure cringey gold.

LOL. 

holdenfive

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Thanks for the heads up. /signed

Joined - July 2004

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    And they say soloers ruined MMO

But actually...

Its people in this thread and elsewhere supporting these dirty practices that ruined MMOs.
    Huntrezz

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

And they say soloers ruined MMO

But actually...

Its people in this thread and elsewhere supporting these dirty practices that ruined MMOs.
    or is it the people buying (with real money) into those practices that is the real problem

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Signed , down with EA
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• HuntrezzHuntrezz Member UncommonPosts: 92
    edited December 2017

Electronic Arts and Disney have signed an exclusive, multi-year licensing agreement for EA to publish Star Wars games developed by Visceral Games, DICE and BioWare.

The agreement covers titles aimed at core gamers on "all interactive platforms"; Disney retains the rights to make casual and social games in the Star Wars universe on mobile devices, tablets and the web.

EA holds onto Star Wars games license for 10 years, says SWTOR is 'profitable' Electronic Arts' deal in 2013 with Disney over the Star Wars video game license will extend for the next decade, meaning that any dreams of a non-EA Star Wars MMO or game are going to have to wait until 2023 or beyond.

This petition will have very little impact, if any,  on any actual changes as the contract is binding and nothing has been presented to show any violations of the contract.  This was a statement made by a legal analyst on Bloomberg when they talked about the stock drop last week and any potential backlash from the whole loot box fiasco.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    wow some of you are going way off topic with personal attacks lol.

Anyways in my opinion this petition will do no real good in advancing this agenda of removing EA from the licensing rights for Star Wars, though I'm glad people felt inclined to let their voices be heard. I'm sure Disney will hear it, but will they really listen?
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Kyleran said:
    Disney's dealing with their own kerfluffel, being accused of running a 21 minute Frozen short feature in front of Coco as a Christmas marketing scam.

They are going to pull it from theatres in response to audience backlash.

https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/12/4/16709884/olafs-frozen-adventure-coco-disney-pixar-explained

And Disney is removing it lol.

http://mashable.com/2017/12/02/coco-olaf-frozen-adventure-short-removed/#HWVRj6V8NkqM

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    edited December 2017
    Tiller said:
    wow some of you are going way off topic with personal attacks lol.

Anyways in my opinion this petition will do no real good in advancing this agenda of removing EA from the licensing rights for Star Wars, though I'm glad people felt inclined to let their voices be heard. I'm sure Disney will hear it, but will they really listen?
    The only way they would need to listen is if the petition got into a million plus (or significantly more ).

They already know, going into any venture, that x amount of customers are not going to like their product.

There is something called "NPS" or "Net Promoter Score".

Essentially customers fall into three categories: Promoters, Neutral and Detractors.

If a company uses this management tool then it's a bit more in depth as far as what one has to do in order to get the most out of it. However the gist is that ...

Essentially your promoters are going to spread  positive word of mouth, Neutrals are on the fence and Detractors are going to spread bad word of mouth.

Depending on the ratio of each group, some think detractors are the lost cause people and it would take a huge amount of resources to turn them into Promoters, let alone Neutral. So, companies work to keep the Promoters happy and shift the Neutrals.

Of course if a huge majority falls under detractors then that's another thing.

That's why this poll might really not be anything other than a tempest in a teapot. EA might look at 150k-200k people and see them as a small amount of people not worth courting and will instead court the neutrals.
    Cryomatrix
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Sovrath said:

That's why this poll might really not be anything other than a tempest in a teapot. EA might look at 150k-200k people and see them as a small amount of people not worth courting and will instead court the neutrals.

Just vote with your wallet and time. EA is quite hated for a long time, but does that hurt their business?

Just take ME Andromeda .. a lot of criticism and outcry. But it did good business.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/mass-effect-andromeda/mass-effect-andromeda-sales-numbers

and i quote " In addition, Mass Effect: Andromeda was a significant contributor. Full game PC and console downloads generated net sales of $111 million, 32% higher than last year. This was driven by Mass Effect: Andromeda sales captured in the quarter.”"

So if I am EA, do i really need to care much about any petition? Are you suggesting BF2 is not going to sell well? 

• Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
    Sovrath said:

Just vote with your wallet and time. EA is quite hated for a long time, but does that hurt their business?

Just take ME Andromeda .. a lot of criticism and outcry. But it did good business.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/mass-effect-andromeda/mass-effect-andromeda-sales-numbers

and i quote " In addition, Mass Effect: Andromeda was a significant contributor. Full game PC and console downloads generated net sales of $111 million, 32% higher than last year. This was driven by Mass Effect: Andromeda sales captured in the quarter.”"

So if I am EA, do i really need to care much about any petition? Are you suggesting BF2 is not going to sell well? 

Didn't they decide to scrap the team who make Mass Effect Andromeda?  Personally, I don't like the game.  I don't plan to buy another game made with the Frostbite Engine.  I haven't enjoyed any games they have made using it.  Bioware doesn't seem to cater to my tastes anymore.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Flyte27 said:

Didn't they decide to scrap the team who make Mass Effect Andromeda?  Personally, I don't like the game.  I don't plan to buy another game made with the Frostbite Engine.  I haven't enjoyed any games they have made using it.  Bioware doesn't seem to cater to my tastes anymore.
    so? It is not the first time they kill the goose which lays the golden egg? The point is that they still don't need to listen to anyone, except their shareholder.

And you don't like it does not mean much in a market with hundred of millions of gamers.

In fact, the financial success of ME Andromeda shows that EA does not need you. 
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited December 2017
    Why does no one complain about blizzard's pay to win hearthstone game where you never know what card you are going to get? How is hearthstone card packs any different than random loot boxes EA provided?

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Well in Blizzard case, they created the IP so I think you're asking wont happen. EA is something else entirely.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    LMFAO ... Blizz should Lore there Wow License huh ... WTF .... Is this real ... CMon Man ... think
    Quizzical
  • Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
    Flyte27 said:

so? It is not the first time they kill the goose which lays the golden egg? The point is that they still don't need to listen to anyone, except their shareholder.

And you don't like it does not mean much in a market with hundred of millions of gamers.

In fact, the financial success of ME Andromeda shows that EA does not need you. 
    Mostly I' just asserting my right to say I don't like the game and won't play any more of theirs.  If I were to just shut up and not say anything that would be worse.  This just shows I care.  Wheather it actually means anything to EA or you is irrelevant to me.  It sounds to me like you just want to censor the voice of anyone who doesn't agree with the current model of games and entertainment because you like them like this.  Strangely you spend more time on the message board posting how great modern entertainment is than using it.  When I was growing up I enjoyed entertainment so much I spent all my time with it.  I can't say the game for today or I wouldn't be on this message board talking about it.
  • 03cobradude03cobradude Member UncommonPosts: 47
    My major complaint is that they've tied progression to a pay-to-win system. The grind in this game even makes an Asian cry. A shooter does not need a 4000+ hour grind.  I signed the petition and I hope at the very least they stop the pay-to-win antics. I'd pay for cosmetics and I'm okay with what they do in battlefield (Pay to have most of the weapons unlocked). The reason why I don't care about it in battlefield is because it doesn't take you 4000+ hours to unlock everything, it takes around 50.

By the way, shareholders would notice such a large petition of potential lost customers, negative PR, which leads to a loss in revenue thus effecting stock prices and the shareholders.  In the end if that doesn't happen and they continue their douche bag tactics I will never buy another game from them again. This would be unfortunate as I really enjoy the Battlefield series. I can live without them, other more scrupulous developers will come about and fill in what EA has left behind.