Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Miri is a Fiery New Hero That'll 'Roast Players, Not Chestnuts This Season' - Vindictus - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageMiri is a Fiery New Hero That'll 'Roast Players, Not Chestnuts This Season' - Vindictus - MMORPG.com

Vindictus News - Vindictus players will gain a new hero today in the form of Miri, "a powerful character with an ancient connection to the potent dragons of the past". She uses a weapon called Dragonspire and can heat up any location with her fiery abilities.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Cool looking class and like most in the game completely ruined by gender locks.
    DAOWAceJakeSimAeanderNordicApache
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    I installed this game to give it another try after all these years and comparing this to Black Desert.

1.) The game is still un optimized even on a core I7, and 1080ti the game gets sound glitching / lag loading time is too long considering even Black Desert loads much faster.

2.) The game is still highly Pay 2 Enjoy, you have to spend $55 to make a unique character then you can't freely edit or customize your character any time you want such as dying your outfits and such, even to re-customize your avatars shape you have to pay $10 each time.

Paying a monthly fee for VIP like in Black Desert should get you unlimited customization perks after unlocking content or costumes to freely edit character at any time and dye outfits.

As much as I have had dislikes for BDO, Black Desert is better because you only pay for your costume $27 for a costume around $40 or so if you want all the accessories and underwears.'

Then you buy a subscription or value pack in Black Desert, you can edit your character 20 times a day if you want, change your outfits colors and as long as you keep paying for VIP or $15 a month for the value pack you get to keep your colors its goth both options like vindictus and VIP too something Nexon needs to do and stop being greedy.

Also rented storage in Vindictus vs BDO you spend like $3 for 8 slots you get to keep these for life, but in vindictus you buy storage and you have to pay every month just for storage.

Vindictus could be great, but needs optimizations, and fixing offering more for less and average subscription fees, Nexon is also great at having large microtransactions in their Android APP / IOS APP's too with (RNG) and its the reason I will push with the states in votes against Microtransactions involving RNG not all RNG is bad but companies like Nexon its horrid.
    NordicApache
  • LilithMLilithM Member UncommonPosts: 82

What I feel every time another AAA game with a generic male lead is announced. Which happens all the time.
    DAOWAcegaeanprayerBillMurphyAeandercheyane
  • DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432
    A Vindictus article? Well that's a rarity.

Still the 'MMO' with the best combat system to date. Still searching after 7 years for another that can compete with it. And no, Black Desert doesn't; still inferior.

Shame Nexon destroys everything they touch with their greed. Still fun to play? Yes.. but not if you try to max out your character in any way.

Now if only the engine wasn't from 2005 with zero multicore support and it wasn't capped at 60FPS and ran terribly in windowed mode. SO many things wrong with the old engine and Devcat's inability to do anything about it. Oh, and if it supported gamepads better so people with physical issues (like arthritis) could play it properly.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited December 2017

LilithM said:

What I feel every time another AAA game with a generic male lead is announced. Which happens all the time.

Not even comparable. Class choice is about class choice, not gender choice.

Playing a story.. well, that's a narrative and there's no choice involved. I had no problems playing Lara Croft or Bayonetta. Just like women shouldn't have a problem playing Nathan Drake or Kratos.

I'll tell you what my main problem with the gender locks in eastern MMOs is... they sexualise the hell out of female choices with pervy design and outfits. They also make them look far too young and almost lolly-like. That's something I don't want to play.

Gender locks are designed for the men so they can drool over attractive virtual females. It's not about equality or anything like that. If you want to support that kind of thing though.. please, go ahead... pretend it's a positive thing for female representation.
    AeanderDavodtheTuttMurmelixxyzercrime
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • PiscorePiscore Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Damn, this game is still alive?
    marganculosAlomar

l2p

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    The trouble with skim reading this is I got "Miri is a Fiery New Hero That'll 'Roast Players Chestnuts"
    cheyaneOctagon7711xyzercrime
  • keyboardshinobikeyboardshinobi Member UncommonPosts: 25

LilithM said:

Playing a story.. well, that's a narrative and there's no choice involved. I had no problems playing Lara Croft or Bayonetta. Just like women shouldn't have a problem playing Nathan Drake or Kratos.

I'll tell you what my main problem with the gender locks in eastern MMOs is... they sexualise the hell out of female choices with pervy design and outfits. They also make them look far too young and almost lolly-like. That's something I don't want to play.

Gender locks are designed for the men so they can drool over attractive virtual females. It's not about equality or anything like that. If you want to support that kind of thing though.. please, go ahead... pretend it's a positive thing for female representation.

Yes how dare they have a different culture and morals than us. It pleases them and they don't go into an uproar about it, but they should totally change to something us westerners can find appealing. Just ignore the fact that we are the minority in most of their games, that they dont even release half of what they make due to the picky and overly critical nature of western gamers. Yeah they should adjust and make it more for the people that make up the smallest denominator in their target audience
    Aeander
  • DavodtheTuttDavodtheTutt Member UncommonPosts: 415
    It seems like all MMORPGS I've tried end up being really great on graphics but the game play is really dull and I'm always playing all by myself -- none of the games seem to encourage asking other people to team up. It's either solo or guild warfare.

Is it just me?
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    they IP locked this game for a long time for South-Africa and finally when we could play it,it was dead so go screw yourself and your new class just like pearl abyss that is locking countries!
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

It seems like all MMORPGS I've tried end up being really great on graphics but the game play is really dull and I'm always playing all by myself -- none of the games seem to encourage asking other people to team up. It's either solo or guild warfare.

Is it just me?

A lot of games have world bosses or dynamic events in which you have to work together with others to defeat the bad guys. You don't have to group but it is an option and some people do. Or you can just join in and do your thing to support, best of both worlds.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

LilithM said:

well that and then they go and make all the men look like women
    DavodtheTutt
  • jazneojazneo Member UncommonPosts: 52
    she fun to play after unlock at level 20