Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online - What's in Store for Tamriel in 2018? - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageElder Scrolls Online - What's in Store for Tamriel in 2018? - MMORPG.com

With 2017 coming to a close, often as gamers we look to the future of our favorite MMORPG or game in general. There are a lot of wishes and hopes I have for 2018 in Elder Scrolls Online. There will be no certain order of like things I want the most and things I want the least, just a general rundown of things I would love to see in future content release and possible expansions. Let’s begin, shall we?

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• borghive49borghive49 Member RarePosts: 493
    I'd like to see a revamp of the clunky combat system, mainly the combat animations, especially melee classes. I love this game a lot but the combat system is just so janky.
    JamesGoblinWarlyxbcbullyGameboyMarcSignexjosko9
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I'd like to see a revamp of the clunky combat system, mainly the combat animations, especially melee classes. I love this game a lot but the combat system is just so janky.
    It's a lot better if you mostly do abilities instead of light attack / heavy attack. That may be why this much reviled jerky combat has never bothered me: because I've always done the bare minimum light and heavy weapon attacks and focus instead on the high damage and high heal abilities which all have their own much smoother and interesting animations.

Anyway that's my theory.
    JamesGoblinbcbullyGameboyMarcSlyLoKMaurgrim
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Game code data miners have already gleaned that some sort of WOW-like transformigation UI text has recently appeared in the client so that seems like a safe bet. And the Clockwork City's main quest end dropped some huge and explicit hints that Summerset, the High Elve's main isle that is roughly 3 times the size of Auridon is where we're heading next - expect that as the next chapter.

But yes I agree, the game is in dire need of technical and bug smashing focus. I'd love to see them take a break from new content for one of their three month cycles and make a concerted effort to smash the many small but annoying bugs that persist month after month.

There's one dungeon for example (Banished Cells II) that has had a bugged doorway for months where a group of 6 mobs or so stand on the other side blocking a passageway that you can't damage unless you go through the doorway yourself and fight them from the other side. It's not a big deal and most people realize almost immediately that their attacks are having no effect and find their way to the other side but the mere fact that it has remained that way for close to a year long after people reported it is pretty pathetic.
    JamesGoblinCoolitSlyLoKinfomatz
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited December 2017
    I would like to see a revamped player marketplace system or a normal auction house system. The current one is a giant gold sink where guilds are spending literally millions and millions of gold to bid for popular vendors. It's the worst gold sink I've ever seen in a game. It also creates a demanding, competitive and hostile guild environment.

The player trading system in ESO is the main thing that is stopping me from playing it right now. There has to be a better solution than what is currently implemented even if they refuse to have a normal auction house system.
    IselinOctagon7711Warlyx[Deleted User]GameboyMarccranthugYashaXinfomatz
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    If they were going to add one thing in 2018 an auction house would be it. The second thing would be more inventory and bank space.
    bcbullyGameboyMarccranthuginfomatz

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    edited December 2017
    I haven't played in a very long time, but at the time it would have been nice to see more:
    1) weight to what Dark Anchors do. They are very repetitive and meaningless other than fulfilling an accomplishment and completing them to get more skills. I wish they were more randomly placed around the map and that they would lead to more random events that affect the surroundings/towns even if they reset like they do in Guild Wars 2.

2) More random zone and world events that play an impact on the game.

3) Graphics upgrade for those like me with very high end cards...though I do think the game is one of the better games already as far as MMOs go.

4) Personally I wish they would expand 2 or 3 slots how many skills can be in a skill bar. I felt like the combat was getting a bit too repetitive..though I do like being able to switch bars at level 15...I just think each bar should have more skills. Just what I'm used to and prefer.

5) There are always ways to make the game even more alive, make the AI even smarter, make routines look more real...I don't think MMOs focus enough on improving this over time.

6) I hate not have an Auction House. I don't care if it is theoretically better for the economy...its just annoying and not fun.I don't want to join multiple trading guilds just to be in a group of people I don't intend to really get to know.

7) More classes...not races. The more variety the better. 8) Even more skill lines, though they do have quite a bit already. Anyway, I may dive back in at some point now that I finished the Witcher 3 after 650+ hours...though my Oculus Rift is distracting me as well :-). Elder Scrolls Online is one of the best MMOs out there and I'm glad to see the community is thriving after all the negativity it got at release. I loved Skyrim and I know it isn't Skyrim, but I thought unlike many others that even at release it was a fantastic MMO.

There Is Always Hope!

• RukushinRukushin Member UncommonPosts: 311
    I plan to come back after a super long hiatus. I haven't played through any of the DLC yet so I have TONS of content to work through little by little. I would like some sort of multi-DLC pack that is discounted for the holidays. 5,500 crowns isn't bad, but a small discount wouldn't hurt for Christmas.
  • CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Overall I hope Zenimax continue to make the game more sandbox-esque and add cornerstone systems from the single player games including spellmaking.

They should really take a look at some of the long standing bugs too like player characters running on top of their mounts bug which has existed since launch. I'm not saying the game doesn't feel solid or high quality but it's still not at the same production quality level of WoW or FFXIV. Some client updates would be welcomed also to reduce load times and help with cyrodiil lag.

I agree though the game has come along way and I can't wait to see what 2018 has in store.

BruceYee
  • jkwengertjkwengert Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Auction House. The fact you are required to run addons that tell you fair market value for items and see constant PC spam and links in every zone is proof enough the system sucks. Small guilds cannot compete with full-member trading guilds with weekly minimums, so they lose out with nowhere (or nowhere popular) to run their shop. I don't want to visit 10-15 guild stalls just to find none of them has that item I need. I also despise being forced to join guilds where no one is friendly or even nice just so I have access to more items more quickly.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892
    edited December 2017
    Coolit said:
    Overall I hope Zenimax continue to make the game more sandbox-esque and add cornerstone systems from the single player games including spellmaking.

They should really take a look at some of the long standing bugs too like player characters running on top of their mounts bug which has existed since launch. I'm not saying the game doesn't feel solid or high quality but it's still not at the same production quality level of WoW or FFXIV. Some client updates would be welcomed also to reduce load times and help with cyrodiil lag.

I agree though the game has come along way and I can't wait to see what 2018 has in store.

When I attended an Elder Scrolls Online event (I think it was last year's PAX East) they said that it was on hold as there were other things they were working on.
    Coolit
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,360
    improved combat (animations )

AH

with those 2 i would comeback in a heartbeat.
    Octagon7711
  • MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    They have said time and time again that an AH would never be added. I personally hate auction house. Maybe a auctioneer that it's in each city that only shows goods from said city.
    [Deleted User]Sinsai

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• MossdabMossdab Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Auction House
    I will not pay a cent to this game until a real AH was implemented

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Having no auction house / real trade helps to keep away gold sellers / spammers I couldn't care for it.

But having a game with $100 USD house which is useless other than to look pretty simply because there is no Innovation, no uses for Wardrobes to store armor, consumables, even sit in chairs different animations, and even uses such as a house with a mine where players can go mine ores, plant farms etc.

Totally useless this is what turned me away from ESO again its a good game story wise but the lack of innovation just isn't there paying $100 for a house that I will never actually do anything with.
    pantaroSignex
    Renoaku said:
    Having no auction house / real trade helps to keep away gold sellers / spammers I couldn't care for it.

But having a game with $100 USD house which is useless other than to look pretty simply because there is no Innovation, no uses for Wardrobes to store armor, consumables, even sit in chairs different animations, and even uses such as a house with a mine where players can go mine ores, plant farms etc.

Totally useless this is what turned me away from ESO again its a good game story wise but the lack of innovation just isn't there paying $100 for a house that I will never actually do anything with.
    But why would you pay $100 for a house when there are so many houses you wouldn't need to pay for with "real money"?

There are plenty of large houses you can pay for with your own earned "in game gold" if you wanted to do so.

This just sounds like an excuse over the real issue. Which I imagine is that you don't like the housing system.
    BruceYeeinfomatzSignex

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited December 2017
    Renoaku said:
    Actually the gold selling is absolutely rampant in ESO and the guild system is exactly what lets them all remain active and hidden. They trade items secretly through the guild marketplaces for ridiculous amounts of gold. They never get caught. They never get banned.

It is seriously an underground movement that normal players don't even realise is determining the value of everything in the game.
    Warlyx
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Micro_CutsMicro_Cuts Member UncommonPosts: 38
    I don't need another overpriced morrowind expansion.
    Coolit
  • odiasudaodiasuda Member UncommonPosts: 162
    As someone who likes to craft and work the markets in mmo's, the lack of an auction house eventually drove me away from this game. Put in an auction house and you'll get my 15 bucks a month. (or whatever it is)
    Viper482
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    The auction house thing is a double edged sword for me, I like forcing people into trading guilds and the creation of trading guilds but I hate running around to different guild vendors looking for things. I also hate that many of the trading guilds charge weekly due to be able to afford prime locations. I will never join a guild that requires me to play every week in order to pay dues.

Overall I would rather have an auction house.
    Warlyxk61977Signex
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

Have to agree, although a good addition to the game Morrowind did feel really overpriced and lacked value.
    Coolit said:

Have to agree, although a good addition to the game Morrowind did feel really overpriced and lacked value.
    I was a bit more disappointed that it was a smaller version of the island. When I saw how close Vivec was to Seyda Need I was shocked.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    edited December 2017
    A game I want to love.  Occasionally I hop in and play but the combat turns me off also.  Sometimes I think I'm just getting old and combat systems like this don't work for me anymore.  I'm sure I'll give it a go again at some point. 
    Viper482
    edited December 2017
    flizzer said:
    A game I want to love.  Occasionally I hop in and play but the combat turns me off also.  Sometimes I think I'm just getting old and combat systems like this don't work for me anymore.  I'm sure I'll give it a go again at some point. 
    "maybe". I'm 50 and the combat is fine. I'm not sure it's an age thing unless you are getting north of 60+ or there's something amiss such as arthritis (which you then have my sympathies!).

And by fine I mean I can do it no problem. I don't really like their combat system. I've changed class and am finding the night blade to so far be a better fit.

So maybe look into another class. This is a game "I want to like", just like you. it's taken me quite a bit to at least enjoy it up 'til now.

yet, whenver I play it I always end up turning it off and going back to one of the earlier games.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,052
    Megaserver and belonging to multiple guilds at the same time kills all sense of community in this game.
    ScotchUp
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    I used to be against a global auction house but now I wouldn't mind one haha.

More weapon types and possibly non class specific skill lines. A martial skill line and weapons for example.

Do something else with cyrodil. Wasted potential especially with battlegrounds now.

Start planning and working on switching to a different engine like unreal.