Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Release Not Coming This Year, More Time in EA Required - Wild West Online - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageRelease Not Coming This Year, More Time in EA Required - Wild West Online - MMORPG.com

Wild West Online News - The Wild West Online team has updated its Facebook page with a brief announcement to let players know that release is not going to hit full retail release in 2017 as originally planned. "[T]he last few weeks have showed us that we clearly need to spend more time in Early Access Alpha before we'll be able to release the game to a larger audience".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    LOL.. The curse of Sergei Titov continues.

Serves them right.
    Panther2103MadFrenchie

• itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    lol i did get my refund, now I feel good about it.
    RexKushman

• roalandroaland Member UncommonPosts: 185
    you know, when I first heard about this game I was excited. But I watched how they had the gold panning set up (just picking it up off the ground)(would like to see more to that personally) and how the PvP is currently set up, I've got huge reservations about griefing...
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

DMKano said:

"this last few weeks have showed us....."

As if they werent fully aware of the fact that their own game is completely unfinished and not ready.

heh

You can tell just by seeing the gameplay footage they showed the game wasn't ready. I don't know what anyone expected, or did they really think they could dupe people into buying it.
    [Deleted User]
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    The good thing about low expectations is that its hard to be disappointed.
    JoshNogAgent_JosephGameboyMarcSamhaelKyleranbcbully
  • OrmagodonOrmagodon Member UncommonPosts: 32
    edited December 2017
    Glad I got my refund! Knew this game was going to be a gong show after the first major delay for 'alpha'.
  • ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941
    Told ya it would NOT release this year and would be very lucky to hit Beta stage.
    Besides i was far from impressed with the first Alpha stage, which is why i refunded. I do not expect to see this game go into full release till closer to 2019 if not into 2019 itself.
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    they do that on purpose to keep you tugging along.

i dont think any game ever has come out on time

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• JunglecharlyJunglecharly Member UncommonPosts: 167
    yeehaw
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Another crowdfunded MMORPG entering a spiral of delays.

Joy.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    @SBFord, please don't abbreviate Early Access as EA.. for a second i though they were publishing this game.

Also, reading other comments above i just realized this is The War Z with cowboys. I think i'll pass.

Will there be Zombie horses? ;)

• BionicFoxBionicFox Member UncommonPosts: 9
    I tried it... feels very generic... the quests are super boring... needs a LOT of work.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Wow, they noticed the obvious. If they actually plan to make an acceptable game it is unlikely it will be out in 2018 either, they have a lot to do.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    People still buying early access? The videos looked fun to me. I planned on waiting for full release. No harm no foul. Still looking forward to it /shurg
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    LOL... this was easy to call.

Can people still get their refunds?

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941
    nope, refunds ended early. they were ment to be doing 3 pre alpha weeekends but did 2 and ended the refund option after the 2nd weekend. Said they had gathered enough data on the test phase (yep too many peeps refunded), i is one of em, glad i did too, think i may have just dodged a bullit and saved myself £60 in the process too.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    nope, refunds ended early. they were ment to be doing 3 pre alpha weeekends but did 2 and ended the refund option after the 2nd weekend. Said they had gathered enough data on the test phase (yep too many peeps refunded), i is one of em, glad i did too, think i may have just dodged a bullit and saved myself £60 in the process too.
    Well then they need to be called on that because IMHO it's shady and underhanded to delay the project after the refunds are stopped.

They need to delay... great... allow those who don't want to wait get their money back.

Gdemami

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018