Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arms Race Update Gives Free Players New Firepower & Experiences - EVE Online - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageArms Race Update Gives Free Players New Firepower & Experiences - EVE Online - MMORPG.com

EVE Online News - EVE Online is expanding the experience for its free players with the deployment of the Arms Race update. Alpha Clones, EVE's version of free accounts, will now be able to train more skills than before, fly larger and more powerful ships and equip better, more deadly weapons.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    CCP keeps trying and nothing seems to work. All the f2p players are just alts of people that already play the game. The games rep. killed it years ago.
    [Deleted User]Kyleran
  • WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member RarePosts: 451
    Hariken said:
    CCP keeps trying and nothing seems to work. All the f2p players are just alts of people that already play the game. The games rep. killed it years ago.
     We have four new bros in our wormhole Corp and all four started out as alpha clones new to EvE. From newb ship to Venture to Prospect they spent all their hard earned gas on skill injectors. In a short time they went from Alphas to Omegas and have a place in all the different fleet doctrines we run. The Alpha clone stuff was a great addition as well and the newest additions.
    [Deleted User]Kyleran
    edited December 2017
    Torval said:
    Is CCP having trouble nailing down their business model or are they have account population issues? I know if I were CCP it would be worrisome that revenue is so heavily dependent on multiple accounts.

Maybe they're trying to pull in new blood while making alt accounts less painful. Whatever it is they seem all over the place for the last couple of years between trying to retool EVE and project flops. It gives the impression they lack focus, direction, and leadership.
     The large majority of people running alt accounts run both clients on the same PC. You can't log and alpha and omega on the same PC at the same time so its not really a "thing" to use 2 computers. Now thats not to say there isnt anybody doing it. Its just not convienent. 
    Post edited by WalkinGlenn on
    Kyleran
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401

Torval said:

Is CCP having trouble nailing down their business model or are they have account population issues? I know if I were CCP it would be worrisome that revenue is so heavily dependent on multiple accounts.

Maybe they're trying to pull in new blood while making alt accounts less painful. Whatever it is they seem all over the place for the last couple of years between trying to retool EVE and project flops. It gives the impression they lack focus, direction, and leadership.

You say they are dependent on multiple account owners. Do you have any actual numbers or sources to confirm that?

I keep hearing that claim, yet have to see any evidence that an actual substantial number of players holds multiple accounts.

In most corps I have been in, all fairly hardcore ones, the number is less than 20% of members holding multiple accounts and in most cases even less that 10%.
  • hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    to ppl who want to try it: found a corporation of your language and you'll learn a lot.
    with this "expansion", you can enjoy month of this game without spending a single $
    and dont forget: the loot box are the others players! :p
    Kyleran
  • DEXA88DEXA88 Member UncommonPosts: 175
    This patch is going to kill f2p what they dont tell you that free to play pilots will have to buy new type of injectors to be able to train skills put together they will cost more than it will take you if you buy a plex !
    KyleranWalkinGlenn
  • ashylaashyla Member UncommonPosts: 5

63/5000
    Do not let this company fool you. This game is not free to play
    GdemamiKyleranWalkinGlenn

Hariken said:

KyleranWalkinGlenn
    This is a lie. The rewards of the game are infinitely low to get omega. You can only play if you pay. Because Alpha is very limited
    GdemamiKyleranWalkinGlenn

Hariken said:

We have four new bros in our wormhole Corp and all four started out as alpha clones new to EvE. From newb ship to Venture to Prospect they spent all their hard earned gas on skill injectors. In a short time they went from Alphas to Omegas and have a place in all the different fleet doctrines we run. The Alpha clone stuff was a great addition as well and the newest additions.

This is a lie. The rewards of the game are infinitely low to get omega. You can only play if you pay. Because Alpha is very limited
    Kyleran
  • KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

hfztt said:

Torval said:

You say they are dependent on multiple account owners. Do you have any actual numbers or sources to confirm that?

I keep hearing that claim, yet have to see any evidence that an actual substantial number of players holds multiple accounts.

In most corps I have been in, all fairly hardcore ones, the number is less than 20% of members holding multiple accounts and in most cases even less that 10%.

They released the number of ppl with multiple accounts not that long ago and it was around that 20% you mention,i think it was just ove but you'd have to look it up for the actual %.
  • roalandroaland Member UncommonPosts: 185
    as much as the PvP and griefers in this game pissed me off, this kinda makes me wanna try it again lol
    ErillionKyleran
  • ihtoitihtoit Member CommonPosts: 1
    Excuse me, I've been playing EVE since the middle of April last year - as a Plex subscribed player throughout. Want to guess how much real money I've spent on the game?

ZERO. Nil. Nada. Zip. I've been subbed since May 8 2016 (two days before my 21-day trial ran out) using ingame currency to buy ingame subscription tokens. It is NOT difficult.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    ihtoit said:
    Excuse me, I've been playing EVE since the middle of April last year - as a Plex subscribed player throughout. Want to guess how much real money I've spent on the game?

ZERO. Nil. Nada. Zip. I've been subbed since May 8 2016 (two days before my 21-day trial ran out) using ingame currency to buy ingame subscription tokens. It is NOT difficult.
    You are not typical. Their business model would be unsustainable if it were and many players spend some money on the game. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited December 2017
    ashyla said:

63/5000
     I plex both my accounts so it certainly can be free to play in more form than just an alpha account. You make a statmemt, but give no reasons or facts as to why. Afraid to be proven wrong?
    Post edited by WalkinGlenn on
    ashyla said:

Hariken said:

Bro you have no idea what you're talking about. Can't tell if you're a bad troll or just touched in the head.

Show me on the model rifter where the naughty high sec ganker touched you..
    MaxBacon
    DEXA88 said:
    This patch is going to kill f2p what they dont tell you that free to play pilots will have to buy new type of injectors to be able to train skills put together they will cost more than it will take you if you buy a plex !
     If you actually knew what you were talking about you would know that plex can be purchased on the market in very small, cheap ammounts. Using plex also makes your account into an omega account.
    MaxBacon