Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is EA going downhill since Battlefront 2???

Quizar1973Quizar1973 Member UncommonPosts: 251
Just want to know what yall think....I'm very interested in the EA game called Anthem coming out next year....But should I be interested anymore now that EA getting all this bad feedback from Battlefront 2????   You think Anthem is gonna flop because of all the controversy????
No one shall Rent space in my head!!!!!  B)
RexKushman

Comments

• lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671
    No
    Agent_Joseph

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Just want to know what yall think....I'm very interested in the EA game called Anthem coming out next year....But should I be interested anymore now that EA getting all this bad feedback from Battlefront 2????   You think Anthem is gonna flop because of all the controversy????

That is a silly question. Wait till next year. You have no clue if Anthem is going to be a good game. Or it will have another PR nightmare. Or it will just be fine.

Just wait until it comes out, read some reviews and decide. 
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited December 2017
    Is the stock still tanking?

EA Shares PLUMMET, EA Down $6bn! Plus New SWBFII Credits Changes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn4418Tz0e8

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Its not going down. It did take very big hit though, due to lootbox scandal.

Anthem looked amazing in the promo. But Destiny 2 did as well. What we going to get is a big question. And with this loot box contraversy, I am beggining to suspect it will be another F2P/P2W with 60$ paytag.
    TenohiraSiug

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    EA is huge they can absorb this loss and pass it on to the consumers in one form or another. Ultimately we the consumer are the ones who pay the price.
    Gdemami
    Chamber of Chains
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    d_20 said:

EA is fine,  the stock price isn't reflective of the firm's actual health, more of a reflection on investors "beliefs" about it's future success.

To put things in perspective, EA stock had a huge and probably unsustainable run up this year peaking at $122.79 per share.

Current price is $105 so the drop is substantial true, but it is still well over the 52 week low of $76.42.

EA is still the same gaming juggernaut today as it was when the stock was at its low, and they continue to make much of their revenue from sports franchises which appear to be embracing the new gaming as a service model more readily.
    Huntrezzd_20

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Kyleran said:
    d_20 said:

EA is fine,  the stock price isn't reflective of the firm's actual health, more of a reflection on investors "beliefs" about it's future success.

To put things in perspective, EA stock had a huge and probably unsustainable run up this year peaking at $122.79 per share.

Current price is $105 so the drop is substantial true, but it is still well over the 52 week low of $76.42.

EA is still the same gaming juggernaut today as it was when the stock was at its low, and they continue to make much of their revenue from sports franchises which appear to be embracing the new gaming as a service model more readily.
    I think we need to wait until the Q4 financials are released.

If they hit their targets the stock will rally and this will be forgotten.
    If they miss significantly this could have further impact.

CrazKanuk

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• AAAMEOWAAAMEOW Member RarePosts: 1,605

I find it scary.  No wonder CDPRojekt Red want multiplayer mode in Cyperpunk 2077.  
    Psym0n
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    edited December 2017
    lol.....since Battlefront..

no they have been going down hill for about a decade

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Play what you want. I don't know why you would ask this lot what to play, unless you enjoy a thread of full of bickering.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Kyleran said:
    d_20 said:

I got it for 15$ a share in 08 ..has been a great investment
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Scorchien said:
    Kyleran said:
    d_20 said:

I got it for 15$ a share in 08 ..has been a great investment
    Because that's what stocks are supposed to be - long term investments. You can't tell most people that, which is why most people should never own stock.

You look at 1-year and 3-year trends when determining which stocks to buy. EA is a good choice. The price will bottom out shortly and then those who are smart will buy.

The only people prophesying the fall of EA are those who either blindly hate them or hate corporations in general. It's personal, not based on any real-world information.
    Kyleran

• Quizar1973Quizar1973 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    Play what you want. I don't know why you would ask this lot what to play, unless you enjoy a thread of full of bickering.

I didn't ask anyone if I should play it bro....LOL...Read the post....And I didn't ask anyone what I should play...LMAO
    I haven't been interested in an EA game since Sims 2. I do not understand the appeal and I do not understand why people at least around here are not looking at the explosion of awesome games coming out in the 'non-AAA' industry.

SEANMCAD said:
    I haven't been interested in an EA game since Sims 2. I do not understand the appeal and I do not understand why people at least around here are not looking at the explosion of awesome games coming out in the 'non-AAA' industry.

Well Anthem looks very interesting to me...Actually more interesting than Destiny...Ive played both Destiny 1 and 2 but I just think the Gameplay for Anthem looks a lot better...But since the lootbox fiasco I don't know if I should trust them enough to look into buying Anthem.....
  • HuntrezzHuntrezz Member UncommonPosts: 92
    Kyleran said:
    d_20 said:

This is exactly what financial analyst are saying.  Remember EA closed last year at 105 and they were considered to be in great shape.  The stock right now is at 103 and going up.  The high was at 112 this year and the low was 99 after the plummet.  At the beginning of the year EA was expected to stay right around 105-107 and that was expected to be well within a very good range for them.  The price right now is nothing to be alarmed at and if it does drop below 93 which would be a huge drop and highly unlikely, foreign investors would jump all over it and easily bring it back over 100 within a few days.  
    SEANMCAD said:

Well Anthem looks very interesting to me...Actually more interesting than Destiny...Ive played both Destiny 1 and 2 but I just think the Gameplay for Anthem looks a lot better...But since the lootbox fiasco I don't know if I should trust them enough to look into buying Anthem.....
    Sorry but no, they both look like glorified shooters. 

I get the appeal of shooters, but fuck me I played those more than 10 years ago. I want new ideas

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    As much as i or others do not like EA as a business,i will say they do at least make often some very good games or at least games that look professional and not some dated 1980's game or fly by night looking game.
    So no i do not think it will affect the game at all.What does affect games is perception,if EA feels or their team feels the game will not be very popular,they will rush it out half ass for sure or maybe even scrap it.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

I get the appeal of shooters, but fuck me I played those more than 10 years ago. I want new ideas

Dude...I know you didn't play Anything like Destiny or Anthem 10 years ago....Ive been a gamer since Pong....So no....Not 10 years ago...LMAO
  • Beatnik59Beatnik59 Member UncommonPosts: 2,413
    As I said about a year or so ago, the problem with going all in on these half-billion dollar shooters is that they'd better make sales projections, or the consequences are dire.

I predicted that this new "multiplayer shooter/adventure" genre was going to sink one major publisher in the next five years, as the market is now saturated with them, and it burns through so much working capital to build, market, maintain, and deliver the things.  The fact that they run their course every two years or so (Destinty, Overwatch, Battlefront, Call of Duty, etc.) before they're scuttled doesn't help matters.  One gets the sense that these mega-publishers are like nations outfitting their navies before the London treaty: each one bankrupting their economies to build bigger battleships, just to scuttle them after a few years when someone builds a bigger one.

EA is to computer entertainment today as Pan Am was to air travel in the 1970's, or Interplay was to the pre-internet computer entertainment industry, or GM was to auto manufacturing in the early 2000s.  They're too big and overextended, and vulnerable to change.

The fact that EA is taking a serious hit after the Battlefront launch should come as no surprise; this is how the mega publishers have been proceeding for the last decade (at least).  I'm just wondering how far can EA fall before it becomes a zombie corp, ready for the carrion birds.
    ScorchienGdemami

"...when it comes to pimping EVE I have little restraints."
    --Hellmar, CEO of CCP.

"It's like they took a gun, put it to their nugget sack and pulled the trigger over and over again, each time telling us how great it was that they were shooting themselves in the balls."
    --Exar_Kun on SWG's NGE

SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

Dude...I know you didn't play Anything like Destiny or Anthem 10 years ago....Ive been a gamer since Pong....So no....Not 10 years ago...LMAO
    I dont know the details of Destiny but again, from what I have seen in video it looks like nothing more than a glorified shooter.

glorified shooter means a shooter with some few extra minor features added.

Battlefield 1942 is an example of a shooter, Destiny is an example of a glorified shooter, meaning not radically different in game play.
    Allied Assault is an example of a shooter,  Titian fall (as an example) looks like its Battlefield 1942 with extra skins and jumping. meaning its a glorified shooter.

7 Days to Die however, which has shooting, would not be a 'glorified shooter'

anymore clear?

• cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    EA are getting stick for their monetisation, not their gameplay. I doubt the current noise will have any effect on the gameplay of Anthem, just the level of microtransactions / gambling that they decide to put in. 

So, if you had no issues with EA before and your only worry is about the current press storm, then you shouldn't worry about Anthem at all. 

I personally would worry, but that is because EA have been releasing mediocre games for years. Every single one I've played has been a disappointment, usually with OK core mechanics but always too short in length or too shallow when it comes to the meta-game. Their greedy monetisation is just an additional reason not to buy their games. 
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

I dont know the details of Destiny but again, from what I have seen in video it looks like nothing more than a glorified shooter.

Battlefield 1942 is an example of a shooter, Destiny is an example of a glorified shooter, meaning not radically different in game play.
    Allied Assault is an example of a shooter,  Titian fall (as an example) looks like its Battlefield 1942 with extra skins and jumping. meaning its a glorified shooter.

anymore clear?

No.... not clear in the least.
    Quizar1973

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

edited December 2017
    CrazKanuk said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

anymore clear?

No.... not clear in the least.
    1. "glorified shooter' defined: 'glorfied shooter' does not mean 'shooter'. It means a shooter with extra features but not enough extra features to be considered very different from a shooter
    (ARE YOU CLEAR ON THIS POINT?)

2. Battlefield 1942 and Allied Assault are shooters that game out in the early 00'. They are a shooter. Destiny 2  and that other game appear to me from watching video of game play to be a shooter ,much like BF1942 and AA except with different skins (glorfied shooter)
    (ARE YOU CLEAR ON THIS POINT?)

any better?

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Anyone thinking EA are going to crash and burn anytime soon is delusional.

Don't let your hate muddle your brain. 
    KyleranDistopia