Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Program Lets You Buy Land to do with 'As You See Fit' - Star Citizen News

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    SEANMCAD said:
    no idea what news your refering to because I dont watch SC news like a hard dick
    There are NO news. That was the point ;-)

Have fun
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    What a bunch of greedy bastards.
    TRY RELEASING A F***ING GAME BEFORE SCABBING MORE MONEY FROM PEOPLE !!!!

What an utter joke..
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Erillion said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    no idea what news your refering to because I dont watch SC news like a hard dick
    There are NO news. That was the point ;-)

Have fun
    So let me try this again.

any person with resonable IQ (sarcasm here) would clearly expect the donations to come to a complete stop (this is also sarcasm). Point being, donations are likely to continue to grow rather than be static point today with only a burndown
    Erillion

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• RhygarthRhygarth Member UncommonPosts: 259
    I backed this game in the early kickstarter but tbh i can't see myself playing it when it comes out as it has turned into a massive joke.
    Rhygarth said:
    I backed this game in the early kickstarter but tbh i can't see myself playing it when it comes out as it has turned into a massive joke.
    Have you played the Alpha since the Kickstarter ?

Have fun
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Rhygarth said:
    Difficulty to say as there is more to the planning stage then to the actual game at the moment.  And there's still no way I would put thousands of dollars into a project that's still in the planning stage.  But it appears lots of people disagree.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• chronoss2015chronoss2015 Member UncommonPosts: 217
    You know what is very important in space?  More important than land?

Air!

Now sure you can try and craft your own tanks and generators... but for just $59.99 you can buy our “Breathe!!!” Package!
    ROBBERS SPACE INDUSTRIES IS NOW SELLING YOU ...AIR .....OH I CAN SOOO See this....hahahahaaa

NEXT up asteroid mining rghts for YOU guessed it ICE ( water )

air comes in spray cans and costs 1 dollar a can and last you a hour....
    water rights well to be announced....but shold cost lots maybe 100 bucks a rock
  • RhygarthRhygarth Member UncommonPosts: 259
    Erillion said:
    Rhygarth said:

Have fun

No and i have 0 interest in the game tbh, the fact that you can bypass alot of the game with cash has turned me away.
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Rhygarth said:
    Erillion said:
    Rhygarth said:

Have fun

No and i have 0 interest in the game tbh, the fact that you can bypass alot of the game with cash has turned me away.
    people say that and I am not suggesting they are wrong but I also dont know how its correct.

it appears to me really nobody...maybe even Chris Roberts has any idea how the actual game rules are going to be.

Anyway...I suggest Elite Dangeous to people

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

Rhygarth said:

In what way can one "bypass" the game with cash ?

I GUESS you mean because some can have bigger ships than others at launch.

Being a long time EVE player i was used to the EVE ship progression from frigate to Titan, where bigger usually means better. That would suggest for Star Citizen that those with bigger ships have an advantage.

Playing Star Citizen, even the Alpha version, taught me that SC is not following the EVE style ship progression. Bigger is not better. Bigger means only that it has a different role. Bigger - when someone is flying solo - is a death trap.

In my opinion skill is much more important than ship size. Player cooperation in multiplayer ships is much more important than ship size. Experience is much more important than ship size.

And this is completely unrelated to anything that you can buy with cash.

I suggest you give it a try when Alpha 3.0 is on the live servers. You have access anyway with your account.

Have fun
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Funny thing is from the article the system that allows you to claim land isn't even a thing yet. It doesnt exist. These guys love selling things that do not exist at the current point in time they sell them.
  • bwwianakievbwwianakiev Member UncommonPosts: 119
    mmorpg has the biggest group of haters I have ever seen lmao. This land is only for UEE controlled space(Tiny). You only get a beacon and you can't claim land until actual release. 
    Erillion
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited December 2017
    SlyLoK said:
    Funny thing is from the article the system that allows you to claim land isn't even a thing yet. It doesnt exist. These guys love selling things that do not exist at the current point in time they sell them.
    Like I said, the fact that they're selling land this early when it'd be more practical for them to wait until they've fully fleshed out the specifics of the mechanics for it (right now they only have loose guidelines and a picture of how they want it to turn out but no actual hard set numbers or programming or testing in place) implies that, for whatever reason, they decided it was more important for them to get money now rather than wait for them to get a better idea of exactly how land would function first. 

Garick said:
    SlyLoK said:
     I agree, the idea of selling land now without there being land was a bit rough. That being said, you can say the same for most of the ships especially the concept sale ships these are not in the game yet either 

The main difference is that land has a lot more server load and universal nuances and restrictions in an MMORPG environment to consider than a ship does.  There's a reason why games that have non-instanced housing always end up with shortages and inability to provide enough for everyone.  Non-instanced housing is NOT cheap to implement (especially complicated non-instanced housing, and what they're proposing in their FAQ is way more complicated than any MMORPG has ever done with housing) and them selling non-instanced land plots in advance before they even have any idea what it's going to cost them in terms of server resources and space (because they haven't even remotely begun to program it into the game yet) is really jumping the gun.
    Arglebargle
    >>> and what they're proposing in their FAQ is way more complicated than any MMORPG has ever done with housing) >>>

Star Wars Galaxies, 13 years ago ...

Have fun 
  • IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138
    I would be interested if they were selling cans of air.

That would be a wise investment in a space game.

may be next up date? I have been saving enough money after selling my soul to the lowest bidder (its not worth much).

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited December 2017
    Erillion said:
    >>> and what they're proposing in their FAQ is way more complicated than any MMORPG has ever done with housing) >>>

Star Wars Galaxies, 13 years ago ...

Have fun 
    Still more complicated than what SWG had.  For a Star Citizen fan, I would have thought you'd know the game's proposed plans better.
    Tiamat64 said:
    Still more complicated than what SWG had.  For a Star Citizen fan, I would have thought you'd know the game's proposed plans better.
    Educate me ... in what way was it more complicated than SWG ?

You may remember how much resources you needed  for a city hall, what factories you had to set up to craft the different parts out of the resources, the time it took the factories to manufacture the parts, the time it took to combine the parts.

The race to log in first and know EXACTLY the place to build .... the speed run tests one did to be the first to reach prospective city building spots on day 1 minute 1 of the city patch. Because - in contrast to Star Citizen - building space was limited.

All THAT was necessary to claim a large spot of land. Not just plug down a house or factory or mine somewhere. You had to place a city hall to claim the equivalent of a 4x4  km spot in Star Citizen.

In Star Citizen you buy a marker, ram it into the earth and try to be the first back at the land claim office (you better have a fast small ship ... M50 maybe ... and know the nearest office). Everything else can come later.

So ... again ... educate me ... in what way is Star Citizen more complicated than SWG when it comes to claiming a large plot of land ?

Have fun
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Erillion defending another game vs Star Citizen.

What a time to be alive <3

..Cake..

edited December 2017
    sgel said:

You totally did not get it ... AGAIN.

And i am a great fan of both games - Star Wars Galaxies and Star Citizen. I consider one a worthy successor to the other.

In some ways SC is still less complicated than the (early) SWG. Especially when it comes to crafting and cities. SWG was the first MMO i know that formally offered the "politician" role as a character job choice. And i would very much like to see Star Citizen offering the chance to craft better items than someone else when i have more skill and experience and rarer resources. To become an artisan known for creating "the best" ships, items, weapons, food, whatever.

While SC is more detailed and "complicated" in other areas compared to SWG. For instance the ship physics, animation, visual fidelity and AI interaction etc. etc.

Have fun
    Erillion said:
    sgel said:

You totally did not get it ... AGAIN.

And i am a great fan of both games - Star Wars Galaxies and Star Citizen. I consider one a worthy successor to the other.

Have fun
    Oh I got it alright. You literally just said another game was better at something than Star Citizen.
    It was marvelous to see. Just like wandering around the countryside and seeing a Unicorn.

I hope your "employers" aren't angry :(

and yes.. we know you're a fan of SWG as well.. you've said so numerous times.

..Cake..

edited December 2017
    sgel said:
    and seeing a Unicorn.

Do i want to know if you see something horny ?  ;-) Nope!

It seems to make you feel better to believe that i am posting because i am paid for it and not because i am a fan of both games. If it makes you sleep better at night, keep believing that.

Have fun
    Erillion said:
    sgel said:
    and seeing a Unicorn.

Do i want to know if you see something horny ?  ;-)

It seems to make you feel better to believe that i am posting because i am paid for it and not because i am a fan of both games. If it makes you sleep better at night, keep believing that.

Have fun

I don't think you're paid.. it was a tongue-in-cheek hence the quotations.
    It's a well known fact how some Star Citizen white knights behave on social media.

There's a difference between being a fan and being absolutely obsessed with promoting and defending a game everyday for years and years.
    I find it fascinating.

..Cake..

>>> There's a difference between being a fan  >>>

>>> and defending a game everyday for years and years. >>>>

Is there ?

At least the fan has a motivation.

How would you assess the psychological state of someone that everyday for years and years ATTACKS a game (s)he is not even playing  ?

Have fun

PS:
    Someone has brought up the comparison between game fans and fans of sport teams. Not a bad comparison in my opinion.

Erillion said:
    >>> There's a difference between being a fan  >>>

>>> and defending a game everyday for years and years. >>>>

Is there ?

At least the fan has a motivation.

How would you assess the psychological state of someone that everyday for years and years ATTACKS a game (s)he is not even playing  ?

Have fun

You think being a fan means you go online everyday and promote it and defend it for years and years?
    Wow.. do you do that with everything you're a fan of? 
    It probably doesn't leave you much time in the day to do anything else.

As for ATTACKING a game every day... I dunno. Ask Derek Smart.

As I said I find the behaviour from both sides fascinating.

..Cake..

edited December 2017
    sgel said:

You think being a fan means you go online everyday and promote it
    In my case ... yes. Not every day, but often.

Have fun