Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Resistance Update on Dec 5, Free Weekend From Dec 7-10 - The Division Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2017 in Videos Discussion

image Resistance Update on Dec 5, Free Weekend From Dec 7-10 - The Division Videos - MMORPG.com

Ubisoft will be updating The Division on Tuesday, December 5th with the free content expansion called Resistance. There's a lot to like in Resistance including a new area of the map, new PVP and PVE game modes, alongside tweaks and bug fixes.

Read the full story here

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    UbiSoft....we need to have a talk about the Division....Just make it f2p. That is all.
    DaveLVZenJelly
  • BlackboaBlackboa Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Wrong Dates on the title
    Oyjord
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited December 2017
    Can hardly wait, this is one of my favorite games. Love the combat and graphics. I heard they were working on a movie. Hopefully that will be good also.
    Post edited by Octagon7711 on

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    I enjoyed the game on PC. I'll have to give it another go when I have time.
  • BeyornBeyorn Member UncommonPosts: 366
    Can the story missions be soloed? 

Reading online some say yes and some say no.  The game looks like fun but since my friends have all stopped gaming and puging is worse than being set on fire .  I would like to solo ;D.
    [Deleted User]ConstantineMerus
    edited December 2017
    So far I've only done solo stuff. Completed the story mission on two characters and nearly done on a third.
    d_20

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• BeyornBeyorn Member UncommonPosts: 366
    Very cool, going to give it a try. Thanks!
  • rertezrertez Member UncommonPosts: 230

Beyorn said:

Reading online some say yes and some say no.  The game looks like fun but since my friends have all stopped gaming and puging is worse than being set on fire .  I would like to solo ;D.

The game is more immersive when played as solo. Of course playing in a group has its benefits especially on the highest difficulty levels during end-game but playing solo is very enjoyable too. Don't worry about that.
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    I'm assuming the game still has that bullet sponge feel to it? Such a simple, yet frustrating feature that seems to put it odds with the "Tom Clancy's" stamp associated with the game.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    So far I've only done solo stuff. Completed the story mission on two characters and nearly done on a third.
    Yes, so far everything can be soloed except for (some/all?) incursions. 

Just curious, @Octagon7711, why roll alts in this game? 

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    I've got the game and it looks fantastic but haven't got around to really getting stuck into it yet. Keep meaning to but DOS:II has me by the balls and won't let go :(
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959

Beyorn said:

Some of the dungeons are really tough to solo. So there will be instances where even a PuG is better than nothing.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    I really need to try this again...
    [Deleted User]

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Hm, you think the game has become better I have been thinking about installing it again myself given I've just updated to a 8TB Drive Array and have it uninstalled currently?

I like the whole story behind it, but the character models, and graphics needed improvement last time I played has there been any major updates to the game?

And hows the player population last time I tried the game like last year it was very low.
    edited December 2017

d_20 said:

I wanted to see how they played and try different load outs on them, but did end up playing just the one mostly as I usually settle on the same gear.  I also liked the story a lot.

edited December 2017

Renoaku said:

Hm, you think the game has become better I have been thinking about installing it again myself given I've just updated to a 8TB Drive Array and have it uninstalled currently?

I like the whole story behind it, but the character models, and graphics needed improvement last time I played has there been any major updates to the game?

And hows the player population last time I tried the game like last year it was very low.

Player population has been ok. It's never empty. A bit less crowed at times.

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716

d_20 said:

I wanted to see how they played and try different load outs on them, but did end up playing just the one mostly as I usually settle on the same gear.`

You know this is for the new update to the Division and not Destiny 2.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

nolic1 said:

d_20 said:

I wanted to see how they played and try different load outs on them, but did end up playing just the one mostly as I usually settle on the same gear.`

You know this is for the new update to the Division and not Destiny 2.
    Yeah, my bad.  I caught myself and updated. Thanks.

• XophXoph Member UncommonPosts: 176
    The Division is an awesome game... graphics are absolute top shelf. Only problem I have is there's just too much garbage loot filling up your inventory all the time.
  • rertezrertez Member UncommonPosts: 230

Torval said:

Renoaku said:

Player population has been ok. It's never empty. A bit less crowed at times.

How is it different and similar to D2? Are they similar at all? I figure Division doesn't have the fast Quake-style mobility. Is it pvp or can I just do open world pve with the occasional strike, like Destiny?

Both games are looter shooters so they share a lot regarding progression and gear grind. The Division is more believable since it plays in an alternative version of New York. It has a really good and immersive atmosphere especially when you play it during the winter. The open world PvE map and all the PvE encounters are instanced and scaled to a solo player or a single party of players and the PvE content has selectable levels of difficulty once you reach end game. You can play it completely solo if you want to. There are safe houses that function as player hubs though. I think the world and the story itself is much deeper and bigger than D2 and the leveling part provides a lot of game time espacially for your first playthrough. Besides the PvE content The Division has a survival (PvE or PvP selectable) mode similar to other survival games where you have to race with other players for loot and an ultimate objective. The game has a huge separated open world PvP+PvE map called the Dark Zone and it also has smaller scale objective based and skirmish PvP modes too. Despite the fact that the players and NPC's have a selection of super human abilities the weapons and gear pieces are modeled after their real world counterparts. The Division is a great looter shooter for those who like minmaxing various builds since it has a lot of options for stat rerolls, gear optimization, gear modding and customization with a fairly good variety of gear and weapon options. It is also a great game for players who play games just for the story and the immersive plot. Of course the game has its flaws but I think it's the best looter shooter made for the PC so far.
    [Deleted User]sschrupp
    One big difference between the two games is that The Division gives you better weapons and gear management.  D2 forces weapons on you because the best stats usually belongs to the gear and weapons you don't like as much, so you may use weapons and gear not because you prefer that type of weapon but because it has the best stats.  With TD it's pretty easy to put together an effective build using weapons you really like.

I enjoyed both stories and the PvE is good in both.