Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Log In Campaign Begins, Runs Through January 4th - Final Fantasy XIV - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageFree Log In Campaign Begins, Runs Through January 4th - Final Fantasy XIV - MMORPG.com

Final Fantasy XIV News - If you've been waiting to check back with Final Fantasy XIV to see all that's changed since your last log in, this month is a golden one for you. From today through January 4th, you can play for up to 96 consecutive hours. There are a few requirements including having an inactive account for at least 30-days and having had an account in good standing.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ElderknightElderknight Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Why Only 96 hrs, why not just offer a free month ?
    Apridiseeruexe
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    This is an odd game to me. The combat is just so slow to me. I don't know what it is. I think it has long cool downs and its got me killed alot.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

well idk where you got a full month from 4 days. Maybe a week, but not a month lol
  • KilmaulKilmaul Member UncommonPosts: 121

Albatroes said:

well idk where you got a full month from 4 days. Maybe a week, but not a month lol

Who plays a game for 4 days straight??
    ApridiseZalgotas
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Thats 3 hours and 20 minutes a day for the entire month , good deal. Thx for the article Suzie
    KilraneThupli
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    I could finish the new MSQ scenarios they added since my last visit. That is how I would spend my 4 days. And it comes at the same time as my time off work. Good timing.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    thunderC said:
    Thats 3 hours and 20 minutes a day for the entire month , good deal. Thx for the article Suzie
    "you can play for up to 96 consecutive hours"
    The time starts as soon as you log in and update the client and runs out on the 4th day whether you played or not.
    [Deleted User]ThupliRich84
    Harbinger of Fools
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Sounds about right with no other restrictions added.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• SeirothSeiroth Member UncommonPosts: 29
    edited December 2017
    Would be nice if they said something about how you partake in this. I went to article, I went to website, I went to Mogstation, account management, no mention of this. When I tried to log into the game. No mention of this. I'd try it for free but everywhere I go just asks me to pay for a month. Maybe I never actually payed and thus not eligible. I bought the game but perhaps never actually paid for a month beyond the free period. Got to some level between 5 and 10 and quit because of the combat. I had like 3 or 4 abilities and each one just did more damage than the other so I started out hiting the 1 key every 5 seconds, then it became the 2 key then the 3 key. I just didn't get it. I read this changes later on so I'd like to see for myself but not willing to risk almost 20 bucks (Canadian $) to try.
    DAOWAceThupli
  • ElderknightElderknight Member UncommonPosts: 322

Albatroes said:

Ah, seen it was until January 4TH so my basic Logic at least to me would be i could play for 96hrs until then, not just 4 days, so i guess it's would be just a huge waste of time, they should've offered a longer time frame, why i thought i month would have been worth it.
    Larger player base over the holdidays would bring more people to the game then just 4 days.... worthless attempt to bring ppl back imo.
  • DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432

Hariken said:

This is an odd game to me. The combat is just so slow to me. I don't know what it is. I think it has long cool downs and its got me killed alot.

Pretty much

You play FFXIV for the story, not for its atrocious combat.

Sad thing is FFXIV 1.0 was far far better with combat (pseudo action), but they slowly turned it into an auto-attack cooldown based garbage like WoW, except made it OVER TWICE AS SLOW.

Was the biggest issue I had with the game when I finally returned to after its 2.0 release. I beared it for the story, but anything that involved combat just made me irate.

Best hope is to play monk as they have a shorter GCD, but it's still the absolute weakest part of the game.

Anyway, I guess I can finally login to see how terribly laggy the servers are now that they moved them to the opposite side of the US. Used to ping them for 20.. now it's over 100, yay.
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Hariken said:
    I like the combat. Feels closer to the SP FF games, for the most part. 
    rojoArcueid

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    This game used to require you to go through an extremely long grind for the very lite and meager character development options the game had. Has this improved? Are there better character development systems now or is it the same lite system?
  • JunglecharlyJunglecharly Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Wow amazing deal, free for a month +96 consecutive hours + free massage + spa + sword of doom+ black horse of stride. Smooch
  • MirandelMirandel Member UncommonPosts: 143
    edited December 2017
    Actually, it's very clearly states - 4 DAYS, not 96 hours. Here, look:

Including the day on which you first log in, the free login period lasts approximately four days. For example, players who log in on December 2, 2017 at 12:00 a.m. can play free of charge until December 5, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. I mean, why use such fancy words if it's so simple - 4 days from the second you log in?
    Viper482
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    edited December 2017
    Consecutive, not cumulative. In other words.....you do not get 96-hrs of actual gameplay to try it out over the next month.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Viper482 said:

Consecutive, not cumulative. In other words.....you do not get 96-hrs of actual gameplay to try it out over the next month.

True, the last time they did this i logged in the first day, and when i tried to play again later that week my time was already gone. Makes no sense. Not a really smart way to bring people to the game.
    Dakeru[Deleted User]

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    blamo2000 said:
    This game used to require you to go through an extremely long grind for the very lite and meager character development options the game had. Has this improved? Are there better character development systems now or is it the same lite system?

Anyone?  I don't want to waste all the time needed setting this up when an easy answer would let me know if I think it will be worth it.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited December 2017
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    edited December 2017

blamo2000 said:

blamo2000 said:

Anyone?  I don't want to waste all the time needed setting this up when an easy answer would let me know if I think it will be worth it.

ehm things has changed a bit , leveling is now faster , thanks to deep dungeon .

char develpoment has changed now u dont need to level alts (outside job quest for example Paladin u need gladiator 30 and conjuror 15) but u dont have cross class skills anymore all the jobs now unlock extra skills (u can only use 5 at max level) that are based on the role (tank ,healer , melee ,caster or ranged) so u arent forced to level Lancer to 44 in order to get blood for blood for example.

there are plans for talents or some form of job development in the future but not right now...

the game is faster now , tons of oGCD (outside global cd skills) , skill speed , and CD reduction buffs (ninja , sam , mnk all have some ).

Played 2 days already , finished MSQ and the new 4.1 dungeon , today gonna finish the 24 raid (Return to ivalice ) .

Fun game but still lacks content at endgame for casuals and midcore (albeit raids are easier now than before) , and there is a super hard raid , but u run out of content too fast once u have the omega raid on farm. (4.2 will bring new omega raid tho) but 6 month for 4 bosses (+ some primal ) is really poor content.
    blamo2000