Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Revelation Online - A Peek at the Shadowblade Update - Sponsored - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageRevelation Online - A Peek at the Shadowblade Update - Sponsored - MMORPG.com

Just this week, My.com launched the massive Shadowblade update for Revelation Online. With a new class, tons of new content and improvements, it might be time to dip your toe back into the free to play MMORPG. Read on as we’re outlining all the new stuff to play with in the Shadowblade update.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    edited December 2017
    Change Your Class On the Fly

You’ve been asking, and My.com and Netease heard you... players can now change their class on the fly, meaning they never have to wind up a new character or start over the main quest each time they want an alt. Need a change of pace on the battlefield? Find a safe place and change your class & equipment to explore a completely different path.
    what? Oo
    CapodecinaMax_Striker
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

Warlyx said:

You’ve been asking, and My.com and Netease heard you... players can now change their class on the fly, meaning they never have to wind up a new character or start over the main quest each time they want an alt. Need a change of pace on the battlefield? Find a safe place and change your class & equipment to explore a completely different path.

what? Oo

That would be the Skyforge mechanic. The ability to level and switch classes on the same character.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    DMKano said:

Warlyx said:

what? Oo

That would be the Skyforge mechanic. The ability to level and switch classes on the same character.

Many games like Rift, Trove and others have allowed this before Skyforge.

FFXI :D
    Viper482DJStavrosHariken[Deleted User]

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

DMKano said:

Warlyx said:

what? Oo

True, but I'm thinking they're using Skyforge as the model.
    [Deleted User]

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• NevereverlandNevereverland Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Is this game worth a try?
    Autumnyyyn
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    DMKano said:

Warlyx said:

what? Oo

FFXI :D
    And FFXIV!
    DJStavros
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    This game is fun at first. But your inventory gets filled with junk some you can't use till max lvl and they are lousy at explaining what all the junk is for. Its like they are trying to force you to buy more bag space.
    starstorm777SignexOctagon7711S4TYR4
  • Tom272Tom272 Member UncommonPosts: 30
    I played it before it was canned, it had alot of stuff in it to keep you busy, if they fixed and overhauled much of it, it could only be better now. Will need to check it out since back then it was doing really good on its own terms.
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Can you mute voice casting yet?
    BillMurphy

Joined - July 2004

• xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    E D G Y

D

G

Y
    [Deleted User]

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Such a bad game lol
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Is this game worth a try?

It's one of the better Eastern MMOs I've played. Excellent combat system. FTP is pretty good; not the best, not the worst. Loads of fluidity to the movement. The translation for the main story is pretty awful and so is the questing.. generic and typically eastern. Dungeons are good.

Optimisation was pretty bad when I played it a couple months ago though. Some kind of memory leak that made the performance worse the longer you played. Maybe it's improved with this update. It wasn't a deal breaker though; a quick restart would fix it.

I'd say it's worth a try for free.
    Autumnyyyn
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • truewarlordtruewarlord Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Sadly it is the worse P2W game that i ever played in my life. Game is fun, for sure, but you can buy everything in the cash shop... Gear refinament is the worse, and if you think you buy only a " better chance" to improve, like in many others games, you're very wrong. In Revelation you buy THE refinement, pay money and become stronger, that simple. Bad? It gets worse.. After +10 you don't get any option to buy the refinement in game, CASH SHOP ONLY... Bad? It gets worse... For Christ sake you can buy skill upgrades in cash shop...

Fun game? Sure. But, it is indeed the WORSE P2W game i ever played.
    ced668DJStavros
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Did someone mention FFXI :P

Yes but they keep it plausible by making you go back to your home "moghosue" to switch classes.

In real life we can be anything we want ,so obviously in a role playing sense,we should have the same option,however the plausible is that we don't walk around with all facets/abilities to switch on the fly.

Example,i am a hockey player,i go home grab my hockey gear,if i am a Policeman,i go to the station get dressed grab a squad car and carry out that profession,if i am a mechanic i go grab some tools,maybe head to a shop with a hoist etc etc,we don't carry out multiple ROLES "on the fly" that is not plausible realism.
    Besides that Revelation has a LONG way to go before being even a decent game,i quit in 2 minutes it was to me that bad.If a game gives me any positive vibes ,i will stick it out for at least a few hours.
    Octagon7711

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• francis_baudfrancis_baud Member RarePosts: 479
    edited December 2017
    On the front page, when I click on the article or image, the links goes to "mmorpg.com" instead of to the article itself. edit: seems to be fixed
    Post edited by francis_baud on
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,353
    Wizardry said:

Besides that Revelation has a LONG way to go before being even a decent game,i quit in 2 minutes it was to me that bad.
    And you expect people to take your opinion as authoritative on a game that you admit to having played for only two minutes?  If it were other research besides those two minutes that led you to not want to play the game, you wouldn't have played the game for those two minutes, either.
    [Deleted User]xyzercrime
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited December 2017
    DAMMIT....now I gotta redownload it since they added class changing.....ugh...Man if wow had a class change and merit system....my god that would be my dream
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

Quizzical said:

Wizardry said:

Besides that Revelation has a LONG way to go before being even a decent game,i quit in 2 minutes it was to me that bad.

And you expect people to take your opinion as authoritative on a game that you admit to having played for only two minutes?  If it were other research besides those two minutes that led you to not want to play the game, you wouldn't have played the game for those two minutes, either.

I played FFXI for about an hour before I quit yet I don't purport to know the game well enough to make a definitive statement as to whether it's good or bad. Unlike other people who seem to become experts after only playing a game for 2 mins.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    But this game is still highly P2E right (Pay 2 Enjoy) Basically when I tried it last and uninstalled quickly when a person bought a pack they sell, the costumes and items only apply to a single character which means want to play alts? Wan't the costume on 2 or more characters, have to pay $50+ X how ever many characters you want the items on (Skyforge isn't even this bad.) Then they made it so costumes in game a "Rentals that expire" Honestly id rather play BDO and spend $30 on a single costume for a character that wont expire, and can be bought later for other chahracters than limited time packs that expire and all that.
  • IshkalIshkal Member UncommonPosts: 304
    I played this Game for many months it is pretty good at end game, buuuuuut. The but is rly rly big. the progression can take damn near 6 months playing the game like it is a job, unless you want to shell out some serious cash. To be more specific one item upgrade requires mats that you can only buy one or two of a week and each item of the 8 you will need takes about 15 of these mats. Even running your lock outs daily you probably wont see any of these as drops more then once or twice a month and then you have to roll against the entire raid. The game is rly rly good minus the one big flaw of no pay out for your time and if you have a real job you wont be seeing anything above lvl 40 gear for months unless ya pay some big bucks. You can craft through the crafting system to get higher gear but it is not optimal and that also takes a very long time as your progression is locked behind one single daily plus the crafting resource the regens incredibly slow (by slow I mean days with premium account). I played the auction house making millions and it still was not enough to gear out in decent max lvl gear
    S4TYR4
  • Keldor837Keldor837 Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Yeah, no. They still have security issues with accounts (and credit cards) being hacked. The last two online friends of mine still playing games through my.com have had their accounts hacked and credit card information stolen and used. Each at different times in different places (live in different countries) and even on different kinds of machines (one was running the game through a Windows emulator on Linux). So it's not a matter of their computers getting hacked. As one works as an IT security consultant. And the other one is a software engineer. Yet these two professionals had their stuff hacked and stolen like the rest of my friends and myself.

The distributor is a greedy joke that doesn't invest in its security or their ports (like not having the known memory leak fixed before launch or putting more than a google translate effort into translations).

I'll continue to stay waaaaaay the hell away from anything from my.com.

Wizardry said:

Did someone mention FFXI :P

Yes but they keep it plausible by making you go back to your home "moghosue" to switch classes.

In real life we can be anything we want ,so obviously in a role playing sense,we should have the same option,however the plausible is that we don't walk around with all facets/abilities to switch on the fly.

Example,i am a hockey player,i go home grab my hockey gear,if i am a Policeman,i go to the station get dressed grab a squad car and carry out that profession,if i am a mechanic i go grab some tools,maybe head to a shop with a hoist etc etc,we don't carry out multiple ROLES "on the fly" that is not plausible realism.

Besides that Revelation has a LONG way to go before being even a decent game,i quit in 2 minutes it was to me that bad.If a game gives me any positive vibes ,i will stick it out for at least a few hours.

It would be like mastering several martial arts. Yes, you wouldn't go home and put on your Gi when you wanted to switch to a karate style or a robe for kung-fu. I think I lasted a few mins also in that game,

• F2PlagueF2Plague Member UncommonPosts: 232
    I made it past the ridiculous character creation to find myself surrounded by 12 year old girl characters. Trying to look past that I began questing.
    The game play was entertaining even while face rolling quests. And then I got to a part where it told me to go to a Sauna! I thought maybe that's where I log off to get rested XP! So I went there, and I found all the 12 year old girl characters and many more wearing next to nothing in a Coed Sauna.
    I logged off, uninstalled and never looked back.

10/10 Pedo Simulator.

Ps. Never actually did find out if I got rested exp in the Sauna.
    killerqueermiyosa
  • virdievirdie Member UncommonPosts: 3
    is this a good pve game that you can easily queue for multiple dungeons & raids instances?
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

DMKano said:

Warlyx said:

what? Oo

that one week trove released earlier, not sure that counts as "before"
    soulrot[Deleted User]

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"