Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Program Lets You Buy Land to do with 'As You See Fit' - Star Citizen News

Comments

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    CR already said the game is basically done.
    "Done" as in completed or "done" as in "That's it I'm done with this shit!"? :P
    Junglecharly
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    7 months till SQ42 is released according to Erillion.

..Cake..

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,294
    sgel said:
    7 months till SQ42 is released according to Erillion.

Caveat:
    That is a personal estimate. Not based on an official CIG announcement.

Have fun
  • ConquerorWormConquerorWorm Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Erillion is the very definition of 'shill'. CIG are charlatan snake oil salesmen and you are the guy in the crowd pretending the miracle cure works. It does not matter if your are paid to say it works or if you truly believe the snake oil works, the damage is the same. I just hope you will be man enough to admit your carnival barking has done harm when this company goes belly up with no finished product.
    Also, saying "Have Fun" in every post you make is the most condescending and annoying thing ever, and is also the main reason I dislike you. Don't you presume to tell me to 'have fun'. My fun is my business and you don't get to tell me to have some.
    edited December 2017
    Erillion is the very definition of 'shill'. CIG are charlatan snake oil salesmen and you are the guy in the crowd pretending the miracle cure works. It does not matter if your are paid to say it works or if you truly believe the snake oil works, the damage is the same. I just hope you will be man enough to admit your carnival barking has done harm when this company goes belly up with no finished product.
    Also, saying "Have Fun" in every post you make is the most condescending and annoying thing ever, and is also the main reason I dislike you. Don't you presume to tell me to 'have fun'. My fun is my business and you don't get to tell me to have some.
    I do not have to "believe" that Star Citizen "works".

I am playing it for years now in its Alpha state. It has bugs like any Alpha. I help to document these bugs. CIG is patching the bugs. The game gets better over time in my opinion.

While I am doing that I personally am having fun. And I wish the same to others. If you dislike someone for wishing others to have fun .... i pity you.  

Have fun
    Post edited by Erillion on
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,381
    edited December 2017
    I don"t get why people are surprised?

First people bitched and moaned cause the idea of SC was simply not possible, very much argued for by certain "intelligent" people which I am not allowed to name, it was also said this was a scam, would go up in flames within x amount of time yet this hasn't happened so far.

Then it was you're just playing a very limited tech demo yet that was proven false as stuff was added albeit very slowly...

Now some people may be correct in that CR is not the best person to be leading this as he's more a dreamer than someone able to manage things the most efficiently but SC is still here and they are still working on it.

I mean SC is to be a space game, fps game and sandboxy building game which is why people were all yelling doom dooom scam fail yet as they get closer or add more things towards making this actually come to be people find more stuff to moan about.

It's as if people have never seen a sandboxy building game sell stuff sell things towards those element as some kind of pre order bonus and the like etc.

The same for fps games and space games.....

Hmmm guess it was hard to see coming and is super duper shocking that an ambitious game of this nature is doing all three cause you know it's suppose to be like 3 games in one...hmmm

Last but not least this is far far far from being BS like lootboxes.....lol

Post edited by Asm0deus on
    Erillion

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• TrionicusTrionicus Member UncommonPosts: 498
    As long as we haven't transitioned to VR by the time this thing releases I'll hold out hope.
  • VorpalChicken28VorpalChicken28 Member UncommonPosts: 348
    Always makes me laugh to see Erillion in damage control mode.

So we have a game 6 years into development, funding so has reached around $166 million.

The current v3.0 PTU was delivered a year late, it's still in alpha and has some serious issues, any of you that have played the PTU know what those bugs are, for those that don't just watch a few vids people have put on Youtube.

Now we have CR selling the virtual right to play a land grab meta game, hmmmmm.

Maybe he should focus on getting the game to MVP, which is the direction it's going, as it's going to end up looking horribly dated when it finally releases if he doesn't quit adding unneeded stuff into the game, something they could do post release, and just finish it.
    “Nevertheless, the human brain, which survives by hoping from one second to another, will always endeavor to put off the moment of truth. Moist” 
    ― Terry PratchettMaking Money
     funding so has reached around $166 million.

At present:  169,728,950 $

The SC subforum here has a thread with Alpha 3.0 fan-made videos. Or just take a look at YouTube and its hundreds of fan-made SC Alpha 3.0 videos. Judge for yourself if Star Citizen looks dated.

Have fun
  • VorpalChicken28VorpalChicken28 Member UncommonPosts: 348
    It doesn't look dated yet, but if CR keeps up this schedule, when it gets released in 2030 it will, chances are Elon Musk will have been to Mars by the time SC is released.
    “Nevertheless, the human brain, which survives by hoping from one second to another, will always endeavor to put off the moment of truth. Moist” 
    ― Terry PratchettMaking Money
    edited December 2017
    Elon Musk will have been to Mars
    Hopefully yes. And about a decade after Star Citizen has launched if he is quick.

http://www.spacex.com/mars

Have fun

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited December 2017
    <snip>The current v3.0 PTU was delivered a year late, <snip>
    No.

Whilst they hoped to release "something called 3.0" last year the networking stuff they had been working on was deemed "not mature enough". So they called it 2.6. Just a version number.

And now they have released "something called 3.0" to PTU. 

If 3.0 had been released last year it might have been called 3.5 or 4.0. And its not what might have been released last year. Planets for example, the mission givers, the mobiglass stuff etc. etc. 

Don't get hung up by version numbers. Or .... were you just trying to be negative?
    rpmcmurphyEponyxDamor
  • NevereverlandNevereverland Member UncommonPosts: 161
    SC is Archeage in space lol
    Could you elaborate on that ?

>>>>>>>>

Archeage has received generally favorable reviews from critics, currently holding a score of 80 on Metacritic[27] and 84.33% on GameRankings.[26]

>>>>>>>>

The ranging of metascores is:[11]

Indication Video games Films/television/music

Universal acclaim 91–100 81–100
    Generally favorable reviews 75–90 61–80

Mixed or average reviews 50–74 40–60

Generally unfavorable reviews 20–49 20–39
    Overwhelming dislike 0–19

>>>>>>>>

Have fun
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Erillion said:
    Could you elaborate on that ?

Have fun

And the user score? A lowlie 3.7 out of 10.

The game when it was reviewed is quite different from what the game became...

MrMelGibson
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    hyllyh said:
    this remind me a bit of entropia universe landmark and the incredible price some players sold them..for real $$... i hope an invasion of combined bots and chinese farmer come to ruin this craps
    What a stupid thing to wish for.

And the user score? A lowlie 3.7 out of 10.
    http://steamspy.com/app/304030

Userscore: 53%  Metascore: 80%

As I wrote above .... it would be interesting for  the other poster to elaborate. I suspect he means the grinding and P2W aspects of ArcheAge.

Have fun

Effect of land claim discussion:

+1383 Star Citizens since yesterday.  :-)

Have fun

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,927
    Erillion said:

Have fun

I’m sure 1383 people were just on the fence and the ability to buy land in game for real money (in a space sim) is what pushed them over.  Especially when according to you there is no advantage to buying it...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Erillion said:

Have fun

I’m sure 1383 people were just on the fence and the ability to buy land in game for real money (in a space sim) is what pushed them over.  Especially when according to you there is no advantage to buying it...

Seems like only 336 of them were really the effect of the land claim idea itself.

Because ever since the Kickstarter ended EVERY DAY an average of 1047 Star Citizens have joined the Star Citizen project.

Over a 1000 more Star Citizens every day (!) - despite negative propaganda - or maybe even BECAUSE of it ;-)  That number always impresses me. That is the reason why i am smiling even when i am reading the newest antics of the usual suspects.

Have fun
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,071
    Trionicus said:
    As long as we haven't transitioned to VR by the time this thing releases I'll hold out hope.
    Why? VR is pretty great.

Weird comment.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

Trionicus said:
    Why? VR is pretty great.

Weird comment.
    Yes ... especially since VR support is planned in the Star Citizen project ever since Kickstarter

"
    • Virtual Reality is here!

We have backed Oculus Rift and will support it in Star Citizen / Squadron 42. Who doesn't want to sit in their cockpit, hands on your joystick and throttle, swiveling your head, to track that enemy fighter that just blew by?"

VR in Elite Dangerous is pretty awesome !

Have fun
  • NevereverlandNevereverland Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Just for 69.99$ you can play SC with VR!
  • TolrocTolroc Member UncommonPosts: 111
    This is completely ridiculous! The problem is that people out there will actually buy this. Star Citizen has to have set a record for monetization of a game that hasn't yet released.
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    CR already said the game is basically done.
    "Done" as in completed or "done" as in "That's it I'm done with this shit!"? :P
    Done as in meets any legal requirements they may have.