Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All Destiny 2 All the Time When Alexa's Voice Uses Ghost Skill Voiced by Nolan North

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2017 in News & Features Discussion

All Destiny 2 All the Time When Alexa's Voice Uses Ghost Skill Voiced by Nolan North - Destiny 2 - MMORPG.com

Destiny 2 News - Yes, you can have your Destiny 2 with you at all times thanks to today's announcement by Amazon and Bungie. A free voice skill for Amazon's Alexa is available called "Ghost Skill" that allows players to "create brand new ways to interact with the game" through the use of commands.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• JackTheRipper1OJackTheRipper1O Member UncommonPosts: 2
    edited November 2017
    Would have been amazing if they would have gotten Nolan North to do voice overs to make this a special item for all the fans out there, because admit it, only fans of destiny are going to know what this is and buy it. It just wouldn't sound right to have a ghost with a voice other than Nolan North.
    Octagon7711
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    This is slick. Order placed. It will fit in nicely with my current Alexa setup. Thanks you have made my day. :)
    SBFord[Deleted User]Oyjord

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Would have been amazing if they would have gotten Nolan North to do voice overs to make this a special item for all the fans out there, because admit it, only fans of destiny are going to know what this is and buy it. It just wouldn't sound right to have a ghost with a voice other than Nolan North.
    They did @JackTheRipper1O

Here's part of the press release:

Bungie and Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), announced the introduction of the Destiny 2Ghost Skill for Alexa, giving players of one of the best-selling video games of 2017 to date* the first-ever Alexa voice integration in a live game experience**. Revealed on stage by Tom Taylor, senior vice president, Amazon Alexa and Byron Beede, Activision’s senior vice president of Product Management for Destiny at the AWS re:Invent 2017 conference in Las Vegas, Nevada, the Destiny 2 Ghost Skill, voiced by the in-game Ghost’s voice actor Nolan North, is available now for Alexa customers to enable, free of charge, through the Alexa app. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Just installed the Ghost skill on Alexa and I'm geeking out.  It's his voice alright.
    [Deleted User]Oyjord

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    can't believe people actually use Alexa
    DeadSpockWhiskeydustOyjord
  • sneakerz007sneakerz007 Member UncommonPosts: 95
    hopefully it flies and follows you around as well.
    DeadSpock[Deleted User]Octagon7711
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Torval said:
    Myrdynn said:
    I use Siri. How is it different?
    Curiosity: what benefits do you find to using her?

I've tried to use the assistant on my new MotoZ, but it just seems..  I dunno.  Seems easier for me to just load up an app or chrome and type the search in.

• WhiskeydustWhiskeydust Member UncommonPosts: 79

Torval said:

Myrdynn said:

I use Siri. How is it different?

Look it up geez......
    Alexa runs my house,lights,temp,stereo,TVs
    Siri does shit!!!
    Octagon7711Oyjord
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    Alexa is a social justice warrior and is constantly on collecting info continuously.  Meanwhile it does nothing that I can't do myself.  Sometimes technology goes too far, and this is it
    WhiskeydustTacticalZombeh
    I use Alexa to play music throughout the house, control lights, set timers, add to lists, stream youtube videos. It's pretty handy and should continue to expand.
    [Deleted User]

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498

Torval said:

This is so cool! I can see personal assistants in the future coming with your customized voice actor as an option.

How much for Mr. T?
    I can just imagine starting to ramble on a question and hearing Alexa interrupt with "Quit yo jibba jabba, fool!"
    [Deleted User]

hopefully it flies and follows you around as well.

I'd pay real money if it did that! :)
    [Deleted User]

Samhael said:

Torval said:

This is so cool! I can see personal assistants in the future coming with your customized voice actor as an option.

How much for Mr. T?

I can just imagine starting to ramble on a question and hearing Alexa interrupt with "Quit yo jibba jabba, fool!"

Love to hear Mr T, or Ghost on Waze GPS App. "I pity the FOOL who doesn't turn left at the next light!"
    It was great when they had C-P30's voice on it.