Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Destiny 2 - Curse of Osiris Hands-On Preview Part 2 - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageDestiny 2 - Curse of Osiris Hands-On Preview Part 2 - MMORPG.com

Remember the other week when I said we’d have more details on Destiny 2’s upcoming first expansion, The Curse of Osiris heading your way soon? Well, soon is here and we’re ready to let a few more details out from behind the NDA curtain. So, let’s take a look at the new hubworld and some of the extra-curricular activities you’ll be able to participate in.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Looking forward to this and still enjoying the game so far.
    [Deleted User]CryolitycalEileycatofmanyMrMelGibson

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Thanks for the coverage Blake! I'd like to recommend everyone who isn't super into the game right now to come check out Warframe.. it's gotten really good. I thought it was bad for about four years, and hell maybe it was, but now I am really enjoying it, enough to tell everyone I meet who has a shared interest in gaming. <3
    WraithoneEileyThorkune

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I tried Warframe and got a lot of error messages during install so couldn't login.  Maybe I'll try it again sometime.
    CryolitycalMaelzraelEiley

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602

Maelzrael said:

Thanks for the coverage Blake! I'd like to recommend everyone who isn't super into the game right now to come check out Warframe.. it's gotten really good. I thought it was bad for about four years, and hell maybe it was, but now I am really enjoying it, enough to tell everyone I meet who has a shared interest in gaming. <3</div>

why switch topic to another game?
    Cryolitycal
  • Maddrox181Maddrox181 Member UncommonPosts: 133
    Warframe is trash , Generic , Cash shop driven garbage. Warframe players just desperate to convert Destiny players over to that junk.

Looking forward to this expansion though , Seen the telesto in the gameplay video .. Miss having void burn and telesto nightfalls.
    [Deleted User]Wraithone
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    As amusing as some of the remarks about Warframe are, I'd have to say that I'm enjoying it more than I am Destiny 2. The Sainted Bungie made too many design mistakes on Destiny 2, that made it lack the fun of the original. I've been hoping that they would wake up to that reality, but it doesn't look like it at this point. Warframe on the other hand continues to add new warframes, weapons and other content. The Plains of Eidlon is just one of the most recent examples.

I play Warframe every day, while I only play Destiny 2 on Tuesday after the reset.
    LackingMMO
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • sdeleon515sdeleon515 Member UncommonPosts: 151
    For some of the posters, unless you have visited the Bungie forums lately,more players are looking at Warframe as a better game than Destiny 2 itself. I'm one of "those" players unhappy about the changes in Destiny 2 and have reloaded Destiny 1 onto my Playstation. The fact is Destiny 2 has as much content PvE as The Taken King and far less content overall when you take into account PvP with fewer match types and players involved.

If you need proof, head to the Bungie forums on Destiny and don't take my word for it. Some of us find the game being trashed far more entertaining than playing the game itself.
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Torval said:

For some of the posters, unless you have visited the Bungie forums lately,more players are looking at Warframe as a better game than Destiny 2 itself. I'm one of "those" players unhappy about the changes in Destiny 2 and have reloaded Destiny 1 onto my Playstation. The fact is Destiny 2 has as much content PvE as The Taken King and far less content overall when you take into account PvP with fewer match types and players involved.

If you need proof, head to the Bungie forums on Destiny and don't take my word for it. Some of us find the game being trashed far more entertaining than playing the game itself.

I seriously doubt people are going to jump over to Warframe, a game that sells power advantage (P2W) in their cash shop. How are they any different from Battle Front 2?

BIG difference between random loot boxes, and being able to purchase what you want (which then needs to be leveled up and modded properly).

Just about anything in the game can be gained by grinding and/or trading. But many of us purchase platinum (in game currency) just to support DE. I always make a point of supporting games I enjoy.

Make no mistake, there IS a lot of grinding. The combat system is fun, and they are always adding new weapons and warframes.
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."