Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How the Bloodline Champions Team Found New Life in Battlerite - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageHow the Bloodline Champions Team Found New Life in Battlerite - MMORPG.com

We caught up with Battlerite marketing director Johan Ilves to learn more about the team arena brawler now that it's launched on Steam.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Leguma11Leguma11 Member UncommonPosts: 32
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878

Leguma11 said:

This gonna die next year ! -_-

Based on what? Your assumption?

Very helpful indeed..

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited November 2017

Leguma11 said:

Based on what? Your assumption?

Very helpful indeed..

Idk, NCSoft shutting down MxM out of nowhere after not even being out a half year, so honestly anything is possible. Even if the games have extreme differences, the most important thing to think about is the market and how they perceive a game. Pretty much what happened to Battleborn when it was trying to release around Overwatch, with Paladins following up. The market didn't feel it was worth the price since there was Overwatch even though it had a single player campaign and the matches were fundamentally different. I guess you can toss Lawbreakers in there as well. As long as there's a buy in price to something that has similar elements, it just comes down to popularity and even if it swaps to f2p, people tend to float to the most popular f2p with similar elements.
  • MegilindirMegilindir Member UncommonPosts: 223
    I find it very enjoyable to play this game after burned out with popular MMO's and stuff. Fast, slick and real skill based.

10/10 recommend, don't think it's gonna die soon.

beLIEve

• cielyciely Member UncommonPosts: 124
    edited November 2017
    @Albatroes do note this is doesn't compare to the failure mxm was, this company is no where close to the greedy and incompetent ncsoft. mxm had potential but they blew it with their stupidity.

Leguma11 said:

you're gonna be smart next year! -_-
    xillos
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    While the game itself is great. To little incentive to keep playing for me after 150 hours. Still a nice game though
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • oriya9oriya9 Member UncommonPosts: 65
    Honestly, I'm having a blast in the game.
    It's way better than I expected it to be. I don't know why, but when I played it with or against my friends, I had strong arcade vibes.
    No idea why, it gave me the same feelings I've had when I versed my friends in the arcade playing Capcom games back in the day.

It's not the most amazing game ever but it's definitely a great arena game. Especially when you're "sick" of everything else (which is exactly the state of gaming that I'm at right now).
    It was good enough that it made me and another friend drop some cash on it after a week of playing. So I'd say they did well.

Overall I currently have 17 hours in the game, my friends and I are playing and have no complaints so far, aside from the higher-tier champions costing a bit too much "play tokens".
    This was a common concern of most of my friends, which I somewhat agree with. After 17 hours in the game I only have enough "play tokens" to buy a single high-tier champion and then some.

The only thing that I'm personally worried about in this game is the extremely small number of champions that the game has.
    I hope I will not get burned out of every single champion and then will have nothing new to spice things up. I guess I got spoiled by games like DOTA and League where I can play 100+ champions.

Voted this game for the "Even Better Than I Expected" award in this year's The Steam Awards.
    I just hope they will be releasing more and more champions, I really hope they do as like I said, that's the only thing I'm worried about (in terms of longevity for the game).

I haven't played the game in like 3 days but I know for sure it's a game I'll keep on hopping back to when I'm burned out of my current games (which happens A LOT lately).
    If you're like me and burned out of every other game right now, give the game a try, it's very fun.
  • monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    I just recently picked this up and love it! The only problem is, there aren'y many characters to play. I'll come back after a year or so after they have more variety. Still a great game though.
  • alivenaliven Member UncommonPosts: 346
    Played as a ninja frog. Win a match first time playing. 10/10 will frog again.
  • ManasuManasu Member UncommonPosts: 212
    Such an underappreciated game. Maybe because people just want cookie-cutter, no-brainer ones...?
    Battlerite is absolutely 100% skill-based. Defninitely give it a shot now that gone F2P and give it some time. Have fun!
    Sandbox MMORPGs that are not very well-known but definitely worth a look:

Ryzom, Haven and Hearth, Xsyon, The Repopulation, UO private shards, Mortal Online, Darkfall 1 remakes (New Dawn or Rise of Agon), RPG MO, Project Gorgon, EQ: Sanctuary (custom  server)