Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crowfall - The Business Side: Live Q&A and Developer Blog - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageCrowfall - The Business Side: Live Q&A and Developer Blog - MMORPG.com

This week’s live Q&A had special guest Gordon Walton, co-founder of ArtCraft, on the stream to answer questions about the business side of Crowfall’s development. I’ll paraphrase the more interesting notes from the live stream since most questions aren’t all that interesting. But if you’re interested in jokes about EA loot boxes and a behind the scenes look at bug fixing, you can watch the video below.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited November 2017
    If this company makes sand-box games great again I will totally love it, so far all the dev updates are looking great, and given you can build your own kingdom compared to like ESO so to say is part I love. (The only downside is the current character models that I don't really like but could always be improved moreless on release and im comparing to BDO/ Ashes.
    JamesGoblin
  • ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    Thupli said:
    Is there any pve in this game?
    Very little, marginally. Basically just for harvesting things like hide, as far as I know.
    JamesGoblin
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692
    Thupli said:
    Is there any pve in this game?

no, not yet.
    JamesGoblin

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    How is Crowfall looking like a "deja vu dream of SWG" if it's mostly PVP? Respectfully asking, please explain.
  • AvlorenAvloren Member UncommonPosts: 2

BruceYee said:

How is Crowfall looking like a "deja vu dream of SWG" if it's mostly PVP? Respectfully asking, please explain.

The crafting system is very SWG-esque. Partly because Thomas Blair (designer from the SWG team) is the lead designer for Crowfall; also Raph Koster (the head guy behind SWG) is an advisor.

Meanwhile ACE's creative director is J. Todd Coleman, who made Shadowbane, and brought that style of pvp to Crowfall.

So it's basically a marriage of Shadowbane pvp + SWG crafting.
    JamesGoblin
  • FrykkaFrykka Member UncommonPosts: 154
    edited November 2017

Renoaku said:

If this company makes sand-box games great again I will totally love it, so far all the dev updates are looking great, and given you can build your own kingdom compared to like ESO so to say is part I love. (The only downside is the current character models that I don't really like but could always be improved moreless on release and im comparing to BDO/ Ashes.

BDO is pure Asian look, not that popular here in the US. Ashes is NOT a game... not even close, it is a concept in pre-alpha with lots of hype eye-candy (much premade as part of UE4). Comparing CF to either is still way off base since those games have "questing" and PvE grinding which Crowfall will not have.
    JamesGoblin