Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Damn Screenshot Simulator Ever

BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
edited February 2021 in Star Citizen
With the removal of NDA restriction there's a lot of footage (pictures & video) being showcase by the community, lets try and gather the best of it here:

Full Day/Night Cycle on Yela

Post edited by Babuinix on
ErillionOctagon7711MaxBaconShodanasBrenelaelOrinori[Deleted User]francis_baudConstantineMerusAmathe

Comments

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265

First Hour in - 4K Ultra Widescreen

ErillionOctagon7711OrinoriBrenelael[Deleted User]francis_baudAlomar
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    The best bits is watching people in streams going RIP because they enter the atmosphere too hard and just crash in the surface of the moons lol

The day and night cycles are quite cool indeed, you can chase the sunset.
    francis_baud
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Nice video.  Thanks.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited November 2017
    Ursa Rover

Have fun

Octagon7711Brenelael
    edited November 2017
    Sick fly-by on the surface haha https://clips.twitch.tv/GloriousImportantVelociraptorBIRB

And another one: https://clips.twitch.tv/SourConsiderateFrogRuleFive

It's looking good, waiting for their release of the pass on the atmospheric flight to get that feeling and looking visually correct.

The servers, with 50 players per instance have up and down bumps and some instances get messed up but overall looking good as this continues getting fixes and polish.
    edited November 2017
    Caterpillar entering Daymar's atmosphere 

Cutlass Sunrise

Yela Album: https://imgur.com/a/QYFVb

Gladius touchdown and area secured:

3xScreen Daymar:

Another nice Ultrawide album of 3.0: https://imgur.com/a/kA82c

Some really breathtaking views in there, space legs, atmospheric planets, cargo hauling, quantum travel, shopping, armours and ship's, lot's of ships.

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Yeeeee a flying simulator with absolute nothing to do.
    Good job.
    Babuinixkikoodutroa8Viper482RhimeOdeezeeRobsolfgunklackerthelawoflogic
    Maurgrim said:
    Good job.
    Glad you liked it. Here's another Yela Sunrise Time lapse.

HaveLeFun !
    Brenelael[Deleted User]
  • BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821
    edited November 2017
    Maurgrim said:
    Good job.
    I would like to thank you personally on behalf of the entire Star Citizen Community for this very insightful, in-depth and well thought out criticism of Star Citizen 3.0. I'm sure that anyone reading your artfully constructed criticism will be forced to think about Star Citizen in a way that they couldn't even conceive of prior to your posting. You sir should really think about a career in game journalism as pointing out the fine details seems to be a special gift for you. We are all a little better off today because of your post and that is something special. So Bravo to you good sir... BRAVO!

*Slow Clap*

Bren
    ScotchUpErillion[Deleted User]BabuinixShodanasRhimeRoinCalkrow

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Maurgrim said:
    Good job.
    actually you can (apparently) pick up and place boxes in your ship so it has that.....
    Viper482
  • BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821
    rodarin said:
    Maurgrim said:
    Good job.
    actually you can (apparently) pick up and place boxes in your ship so it has that.....
    Please do not sully this person's finely tuned expert critique with your insinuations of inaccuracies. It's perfect just the way it was originally posted. It should stand as a testament to all those who would criticize Star Citizen! You could learn a lot from this poster's extremely efficient yet still verbose way of getting their point across. I think I cried a little when first I read it. It stirred emotions from deep within my very soul I didn't know I had.

Bren
    Erillion

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Maurgrim said:
    Good job.

You've got to give them time, stop being so impatient.
    It's only been 5 years and it's only cost $164 million so far, Rome wasn't built in a day and it certainly wasn't done for free.
    ErillionOrinoriBrenelael
  • DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    Amazing what ship JPGs can do these days ;)

I'm downloading it now - and will play ASAP when I get home from work.

It's sure to be a buggy mess still. I expect at least a month of testing before it's released to Live.

But it's here!!!
    gervaise1
    edited November 2017
    https://clips.twitch.tv/BenevolentNastyTomatoTTours
    Rover drifting, seems Yela's ice does also act like Ice rip

Fun experience with me, I entered atmosphere so fast I lost control, collided full speed with the surface and it bounced me back to orbit afterwards lol

in the last update ships exploded with little touches, now if a ship collides with a planet it's more likely the planet is the one to explode :D
    Odeezee
    Actually from the streams I have watched only one got cargo to load and then he died before he could get to the ship and they stopped the stream. I guess it was a CIG sponsored one or something. So maybe cargo isnt working....
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    DKLond said:

It's sure to be a buggy mess still. I expect at least a month of testing before it's released to Live.

But it's here!!!
    It is buggy as hell. Not uncommon for streamers to restart the game a few times in a row to get rid of bugs. Some bugs people just logged out they couldn't get past them. Seen ships skating across the planets even though they landed. Seen a ship just hanging in mid air with its nose pointing down, there was a shrubbery underneath it.

Saw a streamer enter a room and then pitch black....solution was to kill himself to get out of the room. Saw lots of streamers having to kill themselves to get out of bugs.

I remember killing myself in The Secret World.

Oi, that's a nice planet you made it to. What can you do there? 
    Sounds of crickets and final answer.....you can walk around and look (said in a meek voice)

And people were excited about hitting 30fps
    Rhime
    DKLond said:

But it's here!!!
    It is buggy as hell. Not uncommon for streamers to restart the game a few times in a row to get rid of bugs. Some bugs people just logged out they couldn't get past them. Seen ships skating across the planets even though they landed. Seen a ship just hanging in mid air with its nose pointing down, there was a shrubbery underneath it.

Saw a streamer enter a room and then pitch black....solution was to kill himself to get out of the room. Saw lots of streamers having to kill themselves to get out of bugs.

I remember killing myself in The Secret World.

Oi, that's a nice planet you made it to. What can you do there? 
    Sounds of crickets and final answer.....you can walk around and look (said in a meek voice)

And people were excited about hitting 30fps
    yup Like I said yesterday its always amazing how when they do a 'game play' presentation there isnt even any lag let alone a bug. But watching every streamer this morning they all had to restart the system at least a few times, including the guy that was getting sponsored. They finally ended that stream after a few too many bugs. But obviously people can watch ANY streamer and see whats up.

But the best one I have seen "this week in Star Citizen" on the splash screen...last update...3 months ago. Nit picky and prickish I know but so Star Citizen. They JUST released 3.0 (the savior) and they didnt even update the splash screen message.
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    edited November 2017
    Brenelael said:
    Maurgrim said:
    Good job.
    I would like to thank you personally on behalf of the entire Star Citizen Community for this very insightful, in-depth and well thought out criticism of Star Citizen 3.0. I'm sure that anyone reading your artfully constructed criticism will be forced to think about Star Citizen in a way that they couldn't even conceive of prior to your posting. You sir should really think about a career in game journalism as pointing out the fine details seems to be a special gift for you. We are all a little better off today because of your post and that is something special. So Bravo to you good sir... BRAVO!

*Slow Clap*

Bren
    My pleasure.
    Brenelael
    Maurgrim said:
    Good job.

It's only been 5 years and it's only cost $164 million so far, Rome wasn't built in a day and it certainly wasn't done for free.
    Well considering other space game franchises who have been going for 30+ years and haven't even been able to get their avatars out of their seats I'd say that CIG is doing quite good.

We have been fortunate to been able to use our legs to move around in Star Citizen for years now. From, Hangars, Vehicles, Cities, Space stations and now Planetary Bodies. All seamlessly without loading/black screens to boot. Nice and steady progress imo.

"One small step for ptu, one large step for Star Citizens"
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Big problems reported with some from the new wave of testing griefing a lot of others.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Looks better as images. Once you see it in motion and see the frame rates all you can do is wonder what will happen at release with hundreds of other ships/players.

Maybe their plan is to stay in production until there is a breakthrough in GPU/CPU technology.
    Octagon7711OdeezeeMawnee
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Big problems reported with some from the new wave of testing griefing a lot of others.
    Griefers are really good for testing. Star Citizen is a PvP game, anything that allows for too effective griefing is best caught as early as possible.
    Octagon7711Brenelael

Vrika said:
    Griefers are really good for testing. Star Citizen is a PvP game, anything that allows for too effective griefing is best caught as early as possible.
    Yeah, griefing and exploiting should happen as early as possible, so there's awareness of what are the problems, easier to address them over time.
    Brenelael
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Babuinix said:
    Maurgrim said:
    Good job.

Well considering other space game franchises who have been going for 30+ years and haven't even been able to get their avatars out of their seats I'd say that CIG is doing quite good.

We have been fortunate to been able to use our legs to move around in Star Citizen for years now. From, Hangars, Vehicles, Cities, Space stations and now Planetary Bodies. All seamlessly without loading/black screens to boot. Nice and steady progress imo.

"One small step for ptu, one large step for Star Citizens"
    I'll choose actual gameplay over being able to get out of my seat and walk around and do almost nothing.