Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Visionary Realms Shows Off 'The Making of a City' - Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Video Podcast

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageVisionary Realms Shows Off 'The Making of a City' - Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Video Podcast

Yesterday, Visionary Realms developers were on hand during a special live stream event to show off

Read the full story here

Comments

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    edited November 2017
    Kind of reminds me of the city Ahgram in Vanguard on the continent of Qualia. I could never understand why they didn't make that he capital city of Qualia instead of Khal.

Khal did have a port though so I guess it made sense. Ahgram was an unfinished city which had major potential for in adventuring.
    Post edited by SavageHorizon on
    Maurgrim

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Won't play this because of their exclusive founder's items that you can no longer get. Stupid reason, I know. But whatever.
    Mensur
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,515
    This game is on top of my list!
    Geeky

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• sarielissarielis Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Really looking forward to this game!
    Geeky
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    Yeah, hour long video isn't for me, anyone care to recap some of the highlights they saw?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180

Kyleran said:

Yeah, hour long video isn't for me, anyone care to recap some of the highlights they saw?

Basically they go through the unfinished city and talk about culture of inhabitans, points of interest and lore behind them with concept arts to show whats to come.
    Geeky
  • GeekyGeeky Member UncommonPosts: 446
    For a game thats still being built, so much so as they are using "grey boxes" it's lookin' really good though.
  • GnogGnog Member UncommonPosts: 19

Dauzqul said:

Won't play this because of their exclusive founder's items that you can no longer get. Stupid reason, I know. But whatever.

You are not correct about this. There are no stat-enhancing items for founders. The items will be purely aesthetic and extremely insignificant. The development team has confirmed this several times. Pledgers will not have an advantage over non-pledgers when the game launches, except for the knowledge advantage that will come from testing.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I know how a city is made but watched it anyhow.

That city looks very similar in structure to Qeynos entrance bridge.

The video kind of got boring because it was too much about that DOOR.
    We also got to see how far behind this game is,i see a lot more time needed to pull this together.

Characters look a lot like Everquest series,i feel this game is going to be very similar to EQ2/VG.

That "grass"could be VG all over again,an idea that on paper sounds nice but will it add a ton of lag to the screeen/gpu.I realize still very early for this game but if show casing animated grass,they should add a lot of characters or other animations to get a better feel for how this will run.

Overall,not much to see here really,just a game that still looks to be 2 years away.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ShaddyDaddyShaddyDaddy Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Wizardry said:
    I know how a city is made but watched it anyhow.

That city looks very similar in structure to Qeynos entrance bridge.

The video kind of got boring because it was too much about that DOOR.
    We also got to see how far behind this game is,i see a lot more time needed to pull this together.

Characters look a lot like Everquest series,i feel this game is going to be very similar to EQ2/VG.

That "grass"could be VG all over again,an idea that on paper sounds nice but will it add a ton of lag to the screeen/gpu.I realize still very early for this game but if show casing animated grass,they should add a lot of characters or other animations to get a better feel for how this will run.

Overall,not much to see here really,just a game that still looks to be 2 years away.

And in comes Wizardry with his negative response for anything not FF 11 circa 04. Good God man. Your personal crusade to down play any mmo coming out is astounding.