Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation Pre Look Video Series

jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 388

Hello Ashes Fans,

I've recently started doing a series of Pre-Alpha videos gathering up all the data I can about Ashes on a particular topic and putting them together in a video to give people a basic understand of what’s going on.

The first was a look at the Team and the basic Game Information

https://youtu.be/CJTGg3wlOLE

The next was on Archetypes and skills

https://youtu.be/6EjjmMRO-28

And the most recent one was a breakdown of nodes

https://youtu.be/EoiA7i0Hbr4

If anyone has any specific questions, I will do my best to answer them.

Comments

• jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 388
    edited November 2017
    This weeks look was on the Livestream Recap, Questing, Taverns & Artisan Classes

https://youtu.be/wymSABoq0Jk

Post edited by jahlon on
    This weeks look was on Trade Caravans, PvP, Flagging, Bounty Hunting, Sieges and Castles.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I will take a look after i get my pizza and wings.

However,i would say that i am not too interested in the team,maybe a year after full release but not right now,at least not unless we have them tel us their exact mind set designing the systems.
    francis_baud

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    First video was way too much about the team,where they came from and what they have done has nothing to do with the NOW.
    Resume's get you jobs,they do not create the game.

The second video..took waaaaaaaayy too long to get started.
    Anyhow,,right away something that makes NO sense....TANK ROGUE?If the game is going to use the ROGUE as a terminology for it's class then we have a predefined definition of what a Rogue is.

A Rogue is defined as a STEALTHY type character,a Tank is the exact OPPOSITE of what a Rogue should stand for.Now to keep within plausible realism,yes a Rogue SHOULD be able to be whatever it wants,but also should be a HORRIBLE Tank.
    I do however agree with NOT changing on the fly,but do not agree with a steadfast main archetype because plausible realism as in ourselves for example,we could be whatever we want,whatever we set our minds to.

Finally,the subject of NODES.I will say i do not like Nodes in BDO at all,it looks fake therefore being fake means NO immersion.Now i do realize we can NEVER perfectly recreate a real scenario such as growth or  non growth in a specific zone so we have to do it with math or some mechanics.

My gut feeling is this NODE system will not be good and will turn me off just like BDO's system.

The bottom line and perhaps the most important to me...cash shop.I fully suspect a cash shop and if there is ,the game is 100% off the list,i do NOT want a greedy developer ruining the game with outside interference.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Wizardry said:
    First video was way too much about the team,where they came from and what they have done has nothing to do with the NOW.

Anyhow,,right away something that makes NO sense....TANK ROGUE?If the game is going to use the ROGUE as a terminology for it's class then we have a predefined definition of what a Rogue is.

A Rogue is defined as a STEALTHY type character,a Tank is the exact OPPOSITE of what a Rogue should stand for.Now to keep within plausible realism,yes a Rogue SHOULD be able to be whatever it wants,but also should be a HORRIBLE Tank.
    I do however agree with NOT changing on the fly,but do not agree with a steadfast main archetype because plausible realism as in ourselves for example,we could be whatever we want,whatever we set our minds to.

Finally,the subject of NODES.I will say i do not like Nodes in BDO at all,it looks fake therefore being fake means NO immersion.Now i do realize we can NEVER perfectly recreate a real scenario such as growth or  non growth in a specific zone so we have to do it with math or some mechanics.

My gut feeling is this NODE system will not be good and will turn me off just like BDO's system.

The bottom line and perhaps the most important to me...cash shop.I fully suspect a cash shop and if there is ,the game is 100% off the list,i do NOT want a greedy developer ruining the game with outside interference.

The first video you are right, it was about the team.   The first thing I kept encountering with people was them saying that the team didn't have the skills to get pull this game off.  They kept saying the team that was pulled together didn't have the experience or the expertise to do what they wanted to achieve, so yes the first video was bout the team.

Secondly, yes Tank/Rogue does seem like a strange concept, however, I remember way back in Final Fantasy XI you could pull off a very good Warrior / Thief tank based on Evasion. 

On the subject of nodes, I think we will be surprised when we see Nodes Part 3 and Part 4 come from the studio.

Finally, on the Cash Shop.   There is a cosmetics shop.   Nothing from the cash shop will give stats or benefits, and everything sold in the cash shop is account bound so the P2W aspect of selling items from the cash shop to make in game currency is eliminated.   

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    jahlon said:
    Wizardry said:

The first video you are right, it was about the team.   The first thing I kept encountering with people was them saying that the team didn't have the skills to get pull this game off.  They kept saying the team that was pulled together didn't have the experience or the expertise to do what they wanted to achieve, so yes the first video was bout the team.

Secondly, yes Tank/Rogue does seem like a strange concept, however, I remember way back in Final Fantasy XI you could pull off a very good Warrior / Thief tank based on Evasion. 

On the subject of nodes, I think we will be surprised when we see Nodes Part 3 and Part 4 come from the studio.

Finally, on the Cash Shop.   There is a cosmetics shop.   Nothing from the cash shop will give stats or benefits, and everything sold in the cash shop is account bound so the P2W aspect of selling items from the cash shop to make in game currency is eliminated.   

Don't bother debate or convince him, he hates games.
    This weeks video is up.

Re-hashes the live stream, blog and then ties up some loose ends

Maurgrim
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    If you're going to post a referral link don't try to hide it in your Signature as a way to win an Alpha key. I won't be watching your videos. 

edited December 2017
    This week I take a look at the game development of Crowfall, Chronicles of Elyria and Ashes of Creation and compare and contrast the three.  I also provide the Class Names and a brief break down of the classing method and clear up a few misconceptions about how classing works in AoC vs how it works in other games.   Finally, we close with some Official Alpha Zero Footage 

This week's video is done

This covers the Pack Upgrades for the PAX exclusive pack owners so they know what changes happened, what they can get now with the change-over, etc.  

It also is full of Breadcrumbs.    All those little things talked about in the livestream.  

• DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    edited February 2018
    Wizardry said:

While I mostly agree, I'd say there have been games with dex/evasion based tanks, which could relate to a roguelike build that has sacrificed some damage output for survivability and aggro building.

If you can hold aggro and take the heat you are a tank.  I do not necessarily like the role dilution required to make a rogue a tank, but it's happened before.
    Dvora said:
    While I mostly agree, I'd say there have been games with dex/evasion based tanks, which could relate to a roguelike build that has sacrificed some damage output for survivability and aggro building.

If you can hold aggro and take the heat you are a tank.  I do not necessarily like the role dilution required to make a rogue a tank, but it's happened before.

This is the aspect of the game a lot of people are confused about. 

Once we have more details about how the Combinations are going to work, everyone will feel more comfortable about the classes