Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After 18-Months, Industry Games Announces That Kings & Heroes Has Exited Early Access - Kings and He

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Steam page says this game be played solo. Can you do the dungeons solo if you have to?
    Yes you can. It's how I played the game. I'm sort of "done" with groups unless I know the people or they seem like decent people after I've spoken to them for a bit.

IselinTheDarkrayneTokkenKyleran[Deleted User]
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Kyleran said:
    Much as some gamers dislike hearing this, proper monetization is a necessary component to successful game delivery and optimization.  Too much and the company is deemed "greedy", too little and the company goes broke.
    I don’t know if it’s a matter of quantity or method.  Personally I’d rather pay a $25 sub or optional $100 box price than deal with RNG loot box transactions.  Don’t nickel and dime me.  
    [Deleted User]Kyleran

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    http://steamcharts.com/app/436560 all is said here... (how can they continue to run it?)
    this is the last milk for them
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    If I ever to make a game, I'll definitely go with lootboxes. But I'll make them free with %0.000001 chance of getting the good items. And when you finally get a good one, it will break insantly upon use and shows the message "if rewards are what you seek, play the fucking game instead" 
    GolelornKyleran
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    hyllyh said:
    http://steamcharts.com/app/436560 all is said here... (how can they continue to run it?)
    this is the last milk for them
    Well, in fairness it is an indy title that "just launched" so to speak.

That's the problem with this whole Early Access system, it sort of takes the wind out of the sails as far as a big announcement for launch.

So, not to say they are going to get a million people but I imagine it will go up slowly over the next week or so. Sadly, as they are an indy title, they aren't going to be able to afford huge marketing blasts.

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Sovrath said:
    Steam page says this game be played solo. Can you do the dungeons solo if you have to?
    Yes you can. It's how I played the game. I'm sort of "done" with groups unless I know the people or they seem like decent people after I've spoken to them for a bit.

Sad but accurate reflection of the current state of online gaming.

PS: I also played mostly solo and when I fire it up again this weekend it'll be to do just that again.
    SovrathTokkenKyleran
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    The game is cool and your all right it does not have a large player base but this is a company of about 15 people in total that made this game that is set in a 140km map.

There are.
    5 classes with a herisom system coming in dec that adds 2 specializations for each of the five classes for a total of 10 classes. Heroism is gained or unlocked at lvl 50.

7 races with more to come.

8 instanced world dungeons with 7 being randomly generated and only the one in the starter town being permade. 2 dungeons you can do from the inn like random adventure dungeons that are also randomly generated with a new one coming soon and more to come later.

This game is a Dungeons and Dragons type game with character creation and a diablo looter feel and gear system with 50 lvls to progress through and then the heroism system to carry you beyond that like the paragon system in diablo. The crafting system is getting updated also soon around the same time as the heroism system comes in adding 1300 new types of gear to the game. This game allows your character to use any gear in the game found and it even has mounts in the game with as far as we have been told more to come.

You need to understand its not easy to make a game of this scale with 15 people most company's have 100 plus to make there games and for the game to be $20 USD and for now all future content free thats a damn good deal. So thats it form me you guys can decide for your selves if you think its worth it for me its a great game and has some of the best combat I have seen in a mmo to date.

So have fun and see you in game Sherman from Sherman's Gaming

P.S. Thanks to the above poster for sharing the video.
    SBFord

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I'll join you guys in diving into this as well. Seeing games come out of EA feels rare these days (compared to how many going in anyway) but at least they are bold enough to leave EA and not stay in forever like H1Z1 or other titles that have felt like they have been in EA since the program first started.
  • GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    Bought it about 15 months ago. It was a mess, and the rare times I was actually able to log in there was no one to group and you couldn't solo.

I might give it a try, but a game without a population that forces you to group is a recipe for a flash in the pan game.

I haven't been following it, as I was pretty peeved at the price and the state of the game when I did buy it.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited November 2017
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    Seems silly to call a game dead that just had its official launch.  If the gameplay is good, other people should start showing up.  My son and I both own a copy so I'll be making time to jump back into it soon.

Ok - lets revist this in a week.

See how the numbers are? Fair?
    You think a week is enough time?  I'm thinking a month.  If there's still only 10 to 15 people playing at any one time a month from now, then I'd agree the game is in trouble.

Sure we can give it a month,  3 months, a year - it won't change a thing.

So here we are - launch night - lets have a marker of how it's doing so far - 8:30PM EST - as a reference:

Lets come back to this in a month and see
    200% increase in under a day isn't too bad. Night time now in Europe so it seems to have dropped, possibly gained the most interest in the EU so far?

Hasn't appeared in the new games section on Steam yet, probably in the queue.

I'd say it's still up in the air at the moment. After it's appeared in the new games section and starts popping up in more people's discovery queue, that's probably the moment of truth.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    edited November 2017
    Good thing you can solo in game, hmmm? lol  :)  at least that's what the game  info says......  I haven't played it myself. I prefer to solo and will try it out.
    Post edited by Tokken on

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• viney123viney123 Member UncommonPosts: 65
    I bought this game day 1. I have over 200 hours logged in it (mostly from first month or 2). I am friendly with the 2 owners/devs and was pointed out once for power-leveling one of the dev's sons. The game has come a LONG way, but honestly I feel like it still has a long way to go.

The main disappointment I had recently was how delayed the animations became, especially for NPC movement in the open world. It's very delayed and choppy, sometimes the NPCs appear to be moving over the land itself, and combat is also very delayed and choppy. It feels like open world implementation was done half-assed, but that's just me.

In terms of questing (which they promised would be full-fledged by launch), you create a character and don't even spawn with quests or quest markers, nor does anything seem to drop scrolls to start quests (like they used to). If I recall, they turned quests off while they worked on the system?

The map also leaves a bit to be desired now with the open world implementation. It's still pretty 'detail-less' and its hard to figure out where you're supposed to go for things like running to dungeon portals, etc.

Loot in the open world was also another issue recently, maybe they fixed it though. Most mobs weren't dropping much at all except useless random mats. This was an issue because the game used to drop tons of gear and mats all the time.

NPC placement in open world is also quite empty right now. I think they may be working on that, but it just isn't done yet. There's a lot of wasted, barren space right now.

Tutorials/guides once you start - there really isn't one. You pop in and are left to figure out where to go and what to do.

Luckily, they implemented third person (which was a feature many wanted), but they seem to have taken out first person now? First person was what made the game so unique, and its a bit disappointing (maybe I'm wrong about it being gone) that its gone.

I'm hopeful that the heroism post-50 leveling/specialization changes will improve the game, but I'm worried they won't be able to fix the issues they added with the open world implementation. It's definitely a step in the right direction, but may be difficult to perfect with their small team. I wish Industry Games the best of luck!
    TokkenSBFordKyleran
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    I like a lot about this game but the character development seems non-existent. I'm only lvl 4 but so far the only thing that happens when I level up is I got to train a new skill.

Please tell me I'm missing something and there are feats and traits or skill trees or something? The character generation was decent but no character development just isn't for me.
  • DenambrenDenambren Member UncommonPosts: 399
    Let it not be said the MMORPG community didn't give this game a chance. Might be this forum makes up 80% of the game's population.
  • ZilverbackZilverback Member UncommonPosts: 12
    edited November 2017
    An honest "Review" from a completely new player to the game after 2 full days of playing now.

Well, to just get it out there, it just isnt a very good game, and especially not for 20$. Like some other players have posted it just feels completely unfinished in basicly every aspect and part. Deep down you can see that this "had" potential and that the devs probably had some fresh ideas and good intentions. And i have no clue if it just is lack of talent, lack of funding or a combination but it feels like this should be an early alpha build at the most. To take this out of EA and state that its officially released speaks pretty clear that the Devs know its not gonna work and have abandoned ship. Ill go into some details:

Graphics: Well, its not horrible but feels kinda odd and awkward (might be the combination with enviroment and animations)

Combat: Played Ranged and Melee (not caster) and its just not good, choppy, slow, a little bit laggy and definately not the flow and feel you look for in an action rpg. Floating, jumping, bouncing and a mess of a hitbox. Delayed and unresponsive at times as well.

Charcter Building: Completely non existing, your gear makes you better, leveling up just auto adds som more stats to you.

UI: Rough, messy and ugly with barely any functions at all.

Quests: Absolutely laughable and amateurish. They must have been thrown in there between morning coffee and lunch, day before launch. No quest markers/locations and info is actually a good idea but in this case im pretty sure they just didnt have time or couldnt do it. Quest info is non existing as well after the initial quest text. The quests them self is also very very basic - bring me a beer, deliver a letter, kill 10 wolfs -

Open world: Empty and barren, and really really basic without any effects or interactable objects.

Dungeons: Those that have given kudos to the game says this is were the game shines, i didnt feel it though. I do however believe this is due to the unpolished gameplay and choppy movement and combat. Did 3 dungeons and they felt pretty much the same.

Its not the worst game in the world and if it were freeware or maybe 5$ and you had absolutely nothing else to play and is a fan of rpg's and d&d you could maybe enjoy spending a few hours with it. Sadly i have to agree that in a few weeks time this will have a very small niche of players only and im afraid that it might even shut down completely within a year. Theres just no way the devs are gonna get enough revenue in from this. I dont know what size of a studio Industry Games is but i have heard were som of the devs come from before, some pretty legendary studios and to put out this is just a shame really.

Those are my opinions, by all means, try it out, the Devs will be in desperate need of your $

Cheers

Edit: If it wasnt clear im uninstalling from Steam and have no intentions att all to revisit. the game is in such a state no amount of patches can save or change this.
    Shaigh
  • WarzodWarzod Member RarePosts: 493
    I didn't like the random stat system where you you sit and mash the reroll button for four hours trying to get good stats. Then when you got in game most of the stats didn't mean anything to your particular class.

Unless all of that has changed in the last month it was kind of a cute D&D kind of game with most of the D&D taken out. Kudos for launching but not playing it personally. Maybe someday someone will make a really good online D&D game.

Don't look at me DDO. You know what you did. Back in the corner.
    Kyleran
  • GrymGrym Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Ok, I had never even heard of this game until I read the news article about release early yesterday. I bought the game yesterday on Steam. Logged in after install and next thing I knew It was almost 05:00 in the morning... Its been a long time since I've enjoyed a game this much. There are some bugs... the graphics are decent... and I haven't figured everything out yet. This game does not hold your hand... no quest icons all over the place. You have to use your head and figure stuff out. Game is a bit laggy at times but the community I've seen seems to be pretty positive and helpful. I would recommend this game if you're on the fence about trying it.
    JeffSpicoli

(My son speaking to his Japanese Grandmother) " Sorry Obaba, I don't speak Japanese, I only speak human."

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    I bought this game the first day of early access and it was unplayable but i still love the concept, How is it compared to day 1?
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941
    edited November 2017
    I bought this game a while back, just to support the dev's. As it did sound and look quite nice and fun. However i did also decide on this one and a few others that i would wait until they actually hit release status rather than ruin it along the way. Yes some things get fixed, other get taken out/removed (whether they were good in game or not). But the conception intrigued me.

Oh also dont go off player numbers as alot of people do the same as i do. Purchase to support but either play it a little or not at all until release. So those stats are null n void right now.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Anyone old enough to have played this game back in the 80's will already have feel for what this game is like. I definitely get that Dungeon Master vibe from it.

Unlike Dungeon Master though, your movement is not constrained, there is also content outside the dungeons, a town with vendors, crafting and multiplayer... but if you fire up a dungeon, especially solo, the similarities are there.

Large quantities of loot are just sitting around waiting to be picked up or looted from kills that you can use to upgrade what you're wearing, use for crafting, consume, etc. 

I played it when it first came out in early access and frankly, it plays and feels about the same as it did then: it's still rough with texture clipping, lag, etc. but at least it never seems to crash now... progress :)

It's not particularly deep and advancement (other than gear) is mostly just about getting your level high enough to get the next more powerful version of the skills you already use (fireball 1, 2, 3... etc.) with the odd skill here and there being level locked until you reach that level - very basic stuff.

I have no idea what it's selling for nor do I remember how much I paid when it first came out but based on my totally arbitrary and subjective opinion, it's worth spending $10-20 on. It's also the kind of game that will definitely get discounted by a lot and you'll probably be able to pick it up for < $5 sometime soon.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130

Charcter Building: Completely non existing, your gear makes you better, leveling up just auto adds som more stats to you.
    I really wish more people put emphasis on this.  And I would be more prone to trust people and what they say about a game if this was consistent.  Seeing as almost every super popular mmo today has zero character development, it is hard to trust the motives of the people using this as a negative for game A while going cuckoo for game B where this feature is even more non-existent. 
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,122
    I bought it, as it was said to be at full release. Although I don't have tons of points to allocate to create my own personal build as in many MMORPG I wasn't expecting that, and I already have several of those anyway.

The game is more like Basic D&D for those familiar, but without the class and level restrictions. What I find neat about it is the immersion of the first-person dungeon crawling. It is sort of like a mix of D&D, Doom, and Diablo.

Simple rules, sometimes hectic first person action, and a fair amount of loot per run. You get plenty of room for that loot though, so you don't have to return to town all the often.

The second dungeon I played was interesting, in that in many areas it was quite dark. If you didn't have a magical light source you'd have to hold a torch in one hand, causing those unprepared to sacrifice some offense or defense depending on their usual gear.

So far I've only been in two, with the first being a very basic introductory one. I haven't found the other ones yet, and I'm doing my best not to see location spoilers in chat, so that I find them through my own exploration.

There is a major downside though. In the second dungeon, you sometimes run into enemies that spawn just beneath the stone floor of the cave network, making them hard to hit and kill. This is a fairly blatant bug for a game this is supposed to be ready for release. Hopefully they will fix that before long so it doesn't overly mar their launch.
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,122
    edited November 2017
    Iselin said:

I have no idea what it's selling for nor do I remember how much I paid when it first came out but based on my totally arbitrary and subjective opinion, it's worth spending $10-20 on. It's also the kind of game that will definitely get discounted by a lot and you'll probably be able to pick it up for < $5 sometime soon.

Currently $20. I decided to play full price in the hope it would help contribute that little bit more to further development of the title.
    Post edited by KnightFalz on
    blamo2000 said:

I really wish more people put emphasis on this.  And I would be more prone to trust people and what they say about a game if this was consistent.  Seeing as almost every super popular mmo today has zero character development, it is hard to trust the motives of the people using this as a negative for game A while going cuckoo for game B where this feature is even more non-existent. 
    Maybe they don't care?

Don't get into the habit of judging/evaluating what other people do/think/say based on what you think they should be doing/thinking/saying.

If they leave something out then maybe it's a non-issue for them. Find other people who care about it and see what they say.

Or, read between the lines and maybe it's just not that special and therefore not very notable.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Loaded it again last night.  Just like DMKano said the game is dead.  The same bugs I experienced before are still there.  The game can be fun IF you can find some players to play with.  As a solo game though it is NOT recommended.