Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First Update Brings Territory Battles & GvG Action - ArcheAge Begins - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageFirst Update Brings Territory Battles & GvG Action - ArcheAge Begins - MMORPG.com

ArcheAge Begins News - Gamevil has sent word that its mobile MMO, ArcheAge Begins, has received its first big update called Territory Battle. This new features allows guilds to fight one another to take over valuable trade routes and to score lucrative rewards for victory. In addition, the character named Kyprosa has received her evolution form called "Harmony" with a new skill called Kyprosa's Love to protect allies.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited November 2017
    Game is pay 2 win though total cash shop around everything.
    meonthissiteThupli
  • NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    the p2w card is thrown so often that everything and the universe must be p2w.
    p2w in a mainly pve game, who cares?
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    edited November 2017
    There is a AD in game talking about Archeage update for the PC when I was playing. Yes about 99% moble are p2w I just play them to see how far I can get before I quit.
  • aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 620
    There is a AD in game talking about Archeage update for the PC when I was playing. Yes about 99% moble are p2w I just play them to see how far I can get before I quit.
    Pretty much this, for every mobile game. I play knowing I will never be number one. Enjoy the game for what it is, and dont sweat over someone paying more than you. In almost any game I play I can stay near top 20 or even top 10 on a server without ever spending a dime. 

Just remember, even if you do pay, theres always someone willing to pay more. Its a never ending cycle, and its not personally worth it. I found I can enjoy the game more if I decide up front not to fight to be number one. Run through campaigns, casually do PVP when you need to, complete dailys, and glide along until its not fun anymore. There are always more games.
  • Reaperman69Reaperman69 Member UncommonPosts: 28
    well players are not being force to pay so just enjoy it. Its a good time waster.
  • meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917

Nasa said:

the p2w card is thrown so often that everything and the universe must be p2w.

p2w in a mainly pve game, who cares?

In this case it actually fits. Everything is centered around owning land, especially the progression of the game so Archeage is absolutely p2w since it requires you buy land or buy gear directly from the cash store.
  • meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917

aslan132 said:

Pretty much this, for every mobile game. I play knowing I will never be number one. Enjoy the game for what it is, and dont sweat over someone paying more than you. In almost any game I play I can stay near top 20 or even top 10 on a server without ever spending a dime. 

Just remember, even if you do pay, theres always someone willing to pay more. Its a never ending cycle, and its not personally worth it. I found I can enjoy the game more if I decide up front not to fight to be number one. Run through campaigns, casually do PVP when you need to, complete dailys, and glide along until its not fun anymore. There are always more games.

Actually for people like us we are doing a public service by warning people before they buy the game that it's progression is tied directly to your wallet.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Why anyone would waste time on this game is a wonder.  Probably one of the most worthless games on the market, bar none.
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Ozmodan said:
    Why anyone would waste time on this game is a wonder.  Probably one of the most worthless games on the market, bar none.
    All comes down to taste or we all be playing the same game if everyone liked to same thing. I play just time killer to explore games enjoy that little things that have and resist the cash shop at the sametime.