Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Titan Quest - THQ Nordic Announces Expansion Called Ragnarok - MMORPG.com News

2»

Comments

• Cyber_wastelandCyber_wasteland Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Fan-freaking-tastic! Awesome to see an older game get some new love! Going to have to blow the dust off of Titan Quest now.
    [Deleted User]

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Waiting for this to come on GoG next week since my tenth anniversary copy is there too.
    [Deleted User]Thupli

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

Gorwe said:

sayuu said:

Man this hit me by surprise,  it will give me something to do as I wait for PoE's new league/expansion after I'm done playing the 10 day race events they got going on now.

what a great time to be an arpg fan  :D

You know from whom we haven't heard for some time now?

Neocore.

Perhaps some Inquisitor Martyr news?

I've been playing the game since alpha and, while I won't say anything specific about the game itself, I will tell you not to get your hopes up. It has a VERY long way to go still.
    Gorwe

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    I remember playing this in a LAN party. It took my friends quite a good while to learn about Quick Pickup. "oh my god how da faq do you loot so fast!!!" 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • ElthiumElthium Member UncommonPosts: 88
    Between this, PoE and Grim Dawn there's not enough hours in the day...
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    very good news!!!

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    edited November 2017
    Instantly purchased, didn't even look at the xpac, overall I just wanted to support the game again. One of the best games of it's time. Hell $15 is a drop in the hat per say, they gave away the updated anniversary game to anyone who already owned the game so can't say anymore good things about them because the game speaks for itself. Downloading now, can't wait to play through it one more time, spent many, many hours playing this game in my younger days.
  • SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

thunderC said:

Im a fan of Diablo and love Torchlight 2 , Iv never played this one, should I Be ?

If you like those 2 games there is no reason why you wouldn't like TQ, unless the style/setting doesn't fit that is, gameplay wise even today 11+ years later its still pretty solid.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    No hype. Just deliver the finished product.

Mad props to THQ Nordic.

A refreshingly old school approach.
    Xarko
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Still using yellow markers over npc heads ...sigh,i will not play these lame hand holding designs anymore.
    Other than that,locked camera is really bad,seems to move in and out but that's it,  but it does look at least playable,i see some decent effort for a low budget game.
    I would say if there were no hand holding,i would likely give it a whirl but as is ...nope.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680

Forgrimm said:

I bought Titan Quest Gold edition a number of years ago and played a few times but the game just never clicked with me for some reason.

Yeah the same for me. I played through it years ago and never looked back.
  • cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 331

Wizardry said:

Still using yellow markers over npc heads ...sigh,i will not play these lame hand holding designs anymore.
    Other than that,locked camera is really bad,seems to move in and out but that's it,  but it does look at least playable,i see some decent effort for a low budget game.
    I would say if there were no hand holding,i would likely give it a whirl but as is ...nope.

and that stops you from playing a game? LOL! Really glad I'm not that discriminating. TQ is a very solid ARPG before this xpac. I can't imagine it's not even better after the improvements they've made.
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited November 2017
    Wizardry said:
    You do realize that Titan's Quest is an offline hack-and-slash RPG, not an MMORPG, right?  Er, probably not, since you started off your post with "Still using..." for a game that's 11 years old.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    Bought it! Gonna give it a go!   Can't beat that price! Taking all your advice :smiley:

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    Tokken said:
    Bought it! Gonna give it a go!   Can't beat that price! Taking all your advice :smiley:
    i was close to buying it.  i played it for hours years ago.  i even remember a guy who was so good, he could beat the game naked without dying once.  i then got into the mods they have for this game.  sooooo many mods for this game.  i wanted to do a hardcore league mode, but the game can be modded so its easy to cheat that part and reset your death count.  im probably gonna pass on it.  but if you havent enjoyed it for hours on end already years ago, its a good pick up now for sure.  now if they made a titan quest mmoarpg........well some asian company would pick it up and turn it to garbage..who knows..
    Tokken

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    :O , new mastery included!
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,869
    Gorwe said:
    SBFord said:
    Semantics @Gorwe but whatevs. It's Friday so meh. ;)

Yeah, whole Industries went kaput on the basis of semantics. Even a single sign(a comma or a semicolon, that kind of things).

Just saying. /whistle

(it feels good to be right!)
    If you say so....
    Liljna
  • bamwallabamwalla Member UncommonPosts: 221
    woot! great old school game. will have to brush the dust off of this one
  • UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    LOL so Grim Dawn and PoE come out and start raking in cash. THQ goes shit... maybe we shouldnt have let those Grim Dawn guys go...so now they want to do a “me too” expansion for TQ...
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Torval said:
    Gorwe said:
    Torval said:
    FYI if you buy the xpac you don't need to start a new character. My lowbie character talked to a vendor that had gear that was exclusive to the expac. I don't like that they put that in the base game. It's tacky. However, it did signal that my old game saves work in the patched world.

I'm finishing a play through of Pillars of Eternity and it's as bad with "backer" this and "backer" that. It's put me off buying their expacs after this play through.

Why does that annoy you? No backer interactions are necessary. They are either some random NPCs or Gravestones. Rather easy to spot(Gold letters).
    Exactly. I don't want to spot gold nameplate npcs that the "backers designed" that are nothing more than useless campy backstories. I kept waiting for those interactions to mean something only to find out they don't.

Then there are nameplates of backers all through the dungeons. They advertise backer stuff on their landing page. I'm sick of it. I enjoy backing indie games but I like all that meta stuff to stay in the credits where it belongs, not all through the game world.

Part of the reason studios went indie is so they could do stuff mainstream pubs wouldn't allow so games ended up with cookie cutter or crap systems. But replacing that with backer spam isn't better. In some ways it's worse.

Oh come now Torval, they're just as easy to ignore as lootboxes...  ;)

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    LOL so Grim Dawn and PoE come out and start raking in cash. THQ goes shit... maybe we shouldnt have let those Grim Dawn guys go...so now they want to do a “me too” expansion for TQ...
    Actually THQ declared bankruptcy in December 2012 and shut down.  Some of the (now unemployed) Dev's went off and formed their own company and put out Grim Dawn. 

2 years later in 2014 Nordic which had bought some of THQ's old assets renamed itself THQ Nordic and released Titan Quest: Anniversary Edition, and now have released a DLC to the AE version.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter