Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: Battlefront II: Making Melee Work - General Guides

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageStar Wars: Battlefront II: Making Melee Work - General Guides

One of my favorite things to do when playing any new game is to try and make work some weird, gimmicky build I’ve cooked up in my head. For Star Wars: Battlefront II, this has manifested in my quest to make melee work on a Trooper class.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766
    everyone outraged on twitter and reddit are usually the ones first in line to pick up their preorders. . .
    RexKushmanAvarixScotLackingMMOinfomatz
  • JRonnie1976JRonnie1976 Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Really not sure I like MMORPG promoting this p2w garbage. P2W in F2P or B2P games ok I guess, but in full priced AAA games? Nope.
    RexKushmanLeFantomeWarLord2424SomeHumanApridisecielyCoolitShodanasNildenmrputtsand 7 others.
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    Another good article about the game, be careful though because the pitchfork and torch crowd will probably be here soon.

I've been enjoying the heck out of it. The campaign is great, if a little short, and the multiplayer is awesome fun.
    LeFantomeRolanStormPhixion13

• LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692

Really not sure I like MMORPG promoting this p2w garbage. P2W in F2P or B2P games ok I guess, but in full priced AAA games? Nope.

Agreed.. but as everyone, MMORPG needs money... People playing this game will have a nice wake up call soon enough.
    RexKushman

what exactly about the game is pay2win now that the microtransaction system has been removed?

also isn't the game buy2play? you're ok with pay2win in buy2play games. . .just not this one for some reason?

your post is really confusing, please clarify
    RolanStorm
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639

sayuu said:

what exactly about the game is pay2win now that the microtransaction system has been removed?

also isn't the game buy2play? you're ok with pay2win in buy2play games. . .just not this one for some reason?

This game is no more P2W than Pokemon or Magic The Gathering or Hearthstone.
    RolanStormIselinJoseph_KerrJeroKaneChills05Phixion13Siuginfomatz

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited November 2017
    sayuu said:

While i agree his post is confusing (full priced AAA games are B2P), i think he meant to say b2p mmos specifically. 

I have to say that removing the microtransaction is a strategy. 
    EA has such a disgusting reputation i don't believe anything they do/say anymore without analyzing all the possible outcomes. And this is my speculative conclusion. They will put the microtransaction system back in the game after enough people buy it to screw them all without being legally forced to give refunds (because users already played for too long).

Sneaky strategies. Of course its just a speculation, but we are talking about EA here. They've done worse.

CazrielJoseph_KerrJeroKanePhixion13Siuginfomatz

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505

sayuu said:

Now explain to me which one of those features a twitch-based competitive multiplayer mode...  Don't worry, I'll wait.
    RolanStormJoseph_KerrSiug

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    sayuu said:

While i agree his post is confusing (full priced AAA games are B2P), i think he meant to say b2p mmos specifically. 

I have to say that removing the microtransaction is a strategy. 
    EA has such a disgusting reputation i don't believe anything they do/say anymore without analyzing all the possible outcomes. And this is my speculative conclusion. They will put the microtransaction system back in the game after enough people buy it to screw them all without being legally forced to give refunds (because users already played for too long).

Sneaky strategies. Of course its just a speculation, but we are talking about EA here. They've done worse.

This is the reason you NEVER support added costs because there is absolutely no way of knowing how much and how intrusive the cash shop and ideas will be.
    mrputtsbartoni33CazrielJoseph_Kerrinfomatz

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    sayuu said:

It's only been temporarily removed and will be re-implemented again at some point i.e it's only been switched off for the moment rather than removed.
    CoolitmrputtsJeroKanePhixion13Siuginfomatz
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    edited November 2017
    Very risky move - to publish positive articles about SW:BF II at the moment. I hope EA paid you really well for this one. Doing so for free wouldn't be too wize.

>.<
    LeFantomecielymrputtsJoseph_KerrJeroKanePhixion13Siuginfomatz

Thank you for your time!

sayuu said:

It's only been temporarily removed and will be re-implemented again at some point i.e it's only been switched off for the moment rather than removed.
    yeah. . . 

but. . . .he said the game was pay2win now, as in today, not sometime in the future. 

can you tell me how it is pay2win now?

thanks  :)
    Siug

sayuu said:

Now explain to me which one of those features a twitch-based competitive multiplayer mode...  Don't worry, I'll wait.
    all of the above?

their twitch based for my old man reflexes. . . . . .
    MadFrenchie
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    As to the article I do the same thing in MMOs. I'll go for a fun build rather then the most efficient tactical build whenever possible. It really increases your ability to play in general because you loose the advantage in having the most powerful gear or weapons and have to compensate with skill.
    ZenJelly

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Gymrat313Gymrat313 Member UncommonPosts: 154
    After watching a friend play I think I am going to pick up this game.
    LeFantomePhixion13
  • ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    #SELLOUT you sold your ass to EA, shame on you
    LeFantomeCanibalolerJoseph_KerrJeroKanePhixion13
  • ZenJellyZenJelly Member UncommonPosts: 262
    Beyond the fact you shouldn't be buying or playing this game, you're also a gaming hipster by always playing these types of weird, gimmicky builds. So you're twice as bad to me.
    AlexanderVendiJoseph_KerrSiugMaxBaconAsm0deus
  • KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 591
    Assuming anyone up in arms about it being Pay2Win never played it, even before the micro transactions were removed, nothing about the system was Pay2Win in the least. You could get some star cards, crafting mats, and emotes( no one which are more then small boosts that you can and will get through game play anyways ). It gave you a minor boost at the start but nothing more. On top of that they have completely removed the system now, so everyone has to grind it out, and when they do eventually return it, it will be just back to cosmetic stuff like emotes and victory poses, possibly skins. So no more crying please, its a fun game, and the campaign, while short, could be its only stand alone game if they gave it a full 40-60 hours storyline.
    ZenJellyJoseph_KerrPhixion13Siuginfomatz

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535

Kalafax said:

Assuming anyone up in arms about it being Pay2Win never played it, even before the micro transactions were removed, nothing about the system was Pay2Win in the least. You could get some star cards, crafting mats, and emotes( no one which are more then small boosts that you can and will get through game play anyways ). It gave you a minor boost at the start but nothing more. On top of that they have completely removed the system now, so everyone has to grind it out, and when they do eventually return it, it will be just back to cosmetic stuff like emotes and victory poses, possibly skins. So no more crying please, its a fun game, and the campaign, while short, could be its only stand alone game if they gave it a full 40-60 hours storyline.

Stocks drop, investors upset, then they start listening.

"So no more crying please" if you enjoy a company nickle and diming you at every angle, that's fine, but most don't.
    RedempJoseph_KerrJeroKaneSiuginfomatz
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    sayuu said:
    sayuu said:

yeah. . . 

but. . . .he said the game was pay2win now, as in today, not sometime in the future. 

can you tell me how it is pay2win now?

thanks  :)
    I suppose a lot of people who were in early access probably bought a crap ton of crates and have progressed further than those that didn't before the transactions were turned off?
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • ByrgenarHofenByrgenarHofen Member UncommonPosts: 55
    edited November 2017
    How can you one shot anything if you hit it twice?

Two hits will let you one shot any Trooper class (Heavy has the most HP at 200).
    TheDarkraynemrputtsViper482LackingMMOinfomatz
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    EA shut off real money purchases for the time being. I'm sure Disney told them to end this for now. https://www.polygon.com/2017/11/17/16670758/star-wars-battlefront-2-issues-disney-ea

I mean there is a new movie coming out next month, they aren't going let some little company like EA ruin their franchise over such a debacle. Maybe Disney should consider removing EA as the sole licensee, because to be honest they suck.

ShodanasmrputtsCazrielJoseph_KerrJeroKaneLackingMMOSiuginfomatz
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Could only hope Disney would pull the Star Wars IP from EA, would be a true blessing. They are panicking and trying to scrap as much money as they can for launch then will go back to the original plan once the dust settles a little and their stocks go back up.

The game was made around the loot boxes, I wouldn't think for a second EA had a "change of heart" due to gamers, just thankfully gamers finally complained loud enough to rock the boat. Just need that boat to sink now.
    RexKushmanShodanasJoseph_KerrJeroKaneSiug
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338

sayuu said:

I can answer that. Hearthstone ^^
    Ok what did I win?
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung