Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Updated Statement from the MHO Team - Operations to Cease on December 31st - Marvel Heroes Omega - M

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageUpdated Statement from the MHO Team - Operations to Cease on December 31st - Marvel Heroes Omega - MMORPG.com

Marvel Heroes Omega News - The Marvel Heroes Omega Facebook page has been updated with a new post to thank players for their commitment to the game since its launch and to inform the community that the game will cease operations on December 31, 2017.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• budbundybudbundy Member UncommonPosts: 13
    So much for all the money spent!!
    Margrave
  • zigalucardzigalucard Member UncommonPosts: 144
    Whelp, that sucks.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    I got my money's worth and didn't spend much the last two years. But I do feel bad for any naive console players that ignored the warnings of PC players.
    Octagon7711Shodanas
  • MadCoderOneMadCoderOne Member UncommonPosts: 220
    out just a few months on consoles, thats a crime. I saw packs for sale just a week ago. Refunds?
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Money just thrown away. No more Marvel games.

Wonder how long until private servers popup.
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    Well, we did try to warn the console players...
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I'll play it a lot more until the servers close. Fun while it lasted for the most part.
    [Deleted User]

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• AriesTigerAriesTiger Member UncommonPosts: 444
    edited November 2017

budbundy said:

So much for all the money spent!!

Yea, now all the freeps are going to have to game hop again, looking for another game where whales will have to support their nasty selves. Getting kinda tired of the pve carebears. They really complained hardcore on the games' release that PVP should not be "shoe-horned" into the game and the devs took it to heart and did not touch PVP at all...all the while in beta they promised us tons of pvp updates. *Clenches fist*
    Post edited by AriesTiger on
    WarzodBaeloghLiljnaSoulsemmer
  • Quizar1973Quizar1973 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    Bye Bye GAMBIT!!!!!! NOOOOO!!!!!!.....*Crys*.....LOL
    No one shall Rent space in my head!!!!!  B)
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    Sucks, but I got plenty of playtime for my money.
    Octagon7711
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    kchisarik said:
    out just a few months on consoles, thats a crime. I saw packs for sale just a week ago. Refunds?
    It's been confirmed that Microsoft and Sony have been giving refunds for recent sales in the console version.  Likely you'll have to contact their support.
    MadCoderOne

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    I guess the subtitle of 'Omega' was quite appropriate after all.
    Octagon7711Phloom

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    It had a good run imo
  • NarlhNarlh Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Ah Marvel Heroes! How I loved ya'. Let me introduce you to the others already assembled here: Auto Assault, City of Heroes/Villains, Earth And Beyond, Asheron's Call 2, and Tabula Rasa, to name a few. Love you all for as long as your light was allowed to shine.
    Hariken
  • goozmaniagoozmania Member RarePosts: 394
    That's wild... Just came out on consoles; generally packed with players, too.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited November 2017
    Disney/Marvel learning from EA.

On a second note, remind me to never support another ip-licensed online game... ever.
    roxy83

• AriesTigerAriesTiger Member UncommonPosts: 444
    edited November 2017

Narlh said:

Ah Marvel Heroes! How I loved ya'. Let me introduce you to the others already assembled here: Auto Assault, City of Heroes/Villains, Earth And Beyond, Asheron's Call 2, and Tabula Rasa, to name a few. Love you all for as long as your light was allowed to shine.

You missed Warhammer Online. :(

EDIT: WAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHH
    SoulsemmerNarlh
  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Everyone saw this coming, revamp after revamp became tedious.
  • gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341
    https://forums.marvelheroesomega.com/discussion/11191/i-m-an-attorney-we-can-file-a-class-action#latest

"Interesting possible news from Microsoft. On the phone with them, they said that they were just informed that the game is being moved to another developer and this is a temporary shut down and therefore they aren't issuing refunds. They said the game is being moved by the "producer" to another "developer" and away from Gazillion."
    LastlaughlolinfomatzNitemareMMOjimmywolfJunglecharly

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

https://forums.marvelheroesomega.com/discussion/11191/i-m-an-attorney-we-can-file-a-class-action#latest

"Interesting possible news from Microsoft. On the phone with them, they said that they were just informed that the game is being moved to another developer and this is a temporary shut down and therefore they aren't issuing refunds. They said the game is being moved by the "producer" to another "developer" and away from Gazillion."

lolwhat?
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    So why is it closing down is the real question, perhaps they are working on a new super heroes game?

Glad I didn't buy a package to this game other than no more than $20.
  • jimmywolfjimmywolf Member UncommonPosts: 292
    regardless if it going to shut down indefinitely or not, they cannot keep the game running with out closure since they would have too transfer everything to a new team/server. they could even be revising changing the game for the new team.

beyond that if it is true the setting up new billing accounts, processing contracts for IP's and lot behind the scene stuff that the game can't just "keep going" even if everything is already done an legal overall.

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059

From some random dude on the forums claiming to be a lawyer and claiming to be on the phone with Microsoft.....I'll take that with an asteroid size grain of NaCl.
    Tokken
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    I am really sorry for the people who lost money on this but the CEO was preying on children they should have done something before this happened and not just buried their head in the sand.
    ForgrimmJeroKane

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Renoaku said:
    So why is it closing down is the real question, perhaps they are working on a new super heroes game?

Glad I didn't buy a package to this game other than no more than $20.
    The CEO of Gazillion has been accused of despicable behavior. Disney owns Marvel. Disney doesn't want their name or the Marvel name associated with such behavior. That's most likely why they decided to pull the plug.
    JeroKane