Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Marvel & Disney Cut Ties with Gazillion Entertainment, MHO to Shut Down - Marvel Heroes Omega - MMOR

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageMarvel & Disney Cut Ties with Gazillion Entertainment, MHO to Shut Down - Marvel Heroes Omega - MMORPG.com

Marvel Heroes Omega News - Kotaku is reporting that Disney and Marvel have cut ties with Gazillion Entertainment, developers of Marvel Heroes Omega. According to an email received from Marvel, the company wrote, "We regret to inform our Marvel Heroes fans that we have ended our relationship with Gazillion Entertainment, and that the Marvel Heroes games will be shut down. We would like to sincerely thank the players who joined the Marvel Heroes community and will provide any further updates as they become available."

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Not unexpected. I'll be interested to see what happens to Dohrmann as a result.
    [Deleted User]maskedweaselgearchin13Murmaider

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173
    They went dark just before the Thor Ragnarok release.

IT REALLY WAS RAGNAROK GUYS! 
    SBFord[Deleted User]XarkoAlbatroesgearchin13MadFrenchiePhloomDavodtheTuttGorweBastian555

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    edited November 2017
    Wow, I've played a bit of this game and actually liked it; till they revamped the skills and nerfed some of the characters (deadpool) also inventory management was a nightmare, beyond that it was a fun game to jump into for a few hours. I'm glad I never spent real money  in it like many folks did, otherwise I would be pissed.

Pretty sure they will hand Marvel over to EA now.
    Post edited by Tiller on
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Damn, I'll miss that game. The changes they made to it did mess it up a lot. The allegations of misconduct are the final nails in the coffin. RIP...
    SBFord[Deleted User]gearchin13SaltyDog79

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Rommie10-284Rommie10-284 Member UncommonPosts: 265
    Sometimes games acting like they are on Sunset Watch - are on Sunset Watch. Pulling the plug is just extra spice on the sandwich the Whales just got served.

I enjoyed the time I played this, and am glad I moved on when I did. RIP Marvel Heroes

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Wow
  • ShinobeShinobe Member UncommonPosts: 91
    oh sad
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    edited November 2017
    Bye bye, Gazillion. It's glorious to finally see the F2P market crumble.
    TheScavenger

Joined - July 2004

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

That's a little messed up. You are happy to see a game get shut down? I'm almost positive this is an awful thing for anyone who works there. The game was also monetized fairly well, and you could earn everything through playing.
    maskedweaselOctagon7711[Deleted User]SaltyDog79BruceYeewinghaven1MindTrickedOzmodanGorweRobsolf
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    I can't help but laugh at the money I know people have put into this that just got flushed. But yet Disney is totally kosher with EA....
    captmarvell
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    edited November 2017
    damn it was a fun arpg , and will be missed , damn i still had tons of cash points now what? :(
    maskedweasel
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    This is absolutely ridiculous.

This was a very fun game. Licensing with an IP shouldn't have to be this yearly thing, but per title with proper sanctions in place.
    maskedweaselPhaedruslivesBruceYeeApridise
    OG_Zorvan said:

That's a little messed up. You are happy to see a game get shut down? I'm almost positive this is an awful thing for anyone who works there. The game was also monetized fairly well, and you could earn everything through playing.

Why do people always think we're supposed to give two shits about whether devs have work or not? Life is a bitch, you win some and you lose some. I guarantee there was no game developer, or anyone else really, crying in their milk any time I or you lost a job.

And although I'm not the one you asked, yes. I'm happy to see this game get shut down. It was run by idiots and this is what happens when things are run by idiots.

em·pa·thy

(ĕm′pə-thē)
    n.
    1. The ability to identify with or understand the perspective, experiences, or motivations of another individual and to comprehend and share another individual's emotional state.
    SBFordStjerneoddPanther2103SaltyDog79SoulsemmerMindTrickedOzmodanAelioussome-clueless-guyGorweand 3 others.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    didn't they just rework the omega system or something not so long ago?
  • TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    WHAT?! I want a refund for my Guardians of the Galaxy then! Man I hate when ya spend money on a game and it goes dark on ya ._.
    BruceYeeBlaze_Rockerinfomatz

imageimage

• ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355
    I'm bummed. I supported the game with packs, costumes, etc. on both PC and PS4. I've been playing since initial beta. I need to shed some tears in my Jack Daniels :-(
    [Deleted User]
  • DracogeekDracogeek Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Ha ha ha....Disney, Marvel, and Lucasarts all have a history of this. Now that they're all Disney it'll be the norm for working with them. I don't trust any game that was under a license with them.
    DavodtheTuttOzmodan
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247

OG_Zorvan said:

Why do people always think we're supposed to give two shits about whether devs have work or not? Life is a bitch, you win some and you lose some. I guarantee there was no game developer, or anyone else really, crying in their milk any time I or you lost a job.

And although I'm not the one you asked, yes. I'm happy to see this game get shut down. It was run by idiots and this is what happens when things are run by idiots.

Ya, I am at the end of my rope feeling bad for everyone when every time I turn around they have their hands in my pocket.

Mendel[Deleted User]TacticalZombehdragonlee66
    Albatroes said:
    didn't they just rework the omega system or something not so long ago?
    And it just released on console over the summer.
  • yphanh2002yphanh2002 Member UncommonPosts: 57
    Good bye Marvel Heroes, It was a good game.
    PhaedruslivesMendelSoulsemmer
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Emu soon? ;)
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    If this happens to LOTRO one day I'll be pretty upset.
    PhaedruslivesSeelinnikoi
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • April-RainApril-Rain Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Never liked the game, but before the changes to the PC version it did seem to have a dedicated/ fan following.

But it is sad to its demise like this and you would have thought the CEO Dave Dohrmann would have been removed by someone before it resulted in this sad tale.

After reading >http://davedohrmann.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/of-all-questions-my-babies-will-ask.html?m=1<; this guy seems a real douche and a danger to women and children who is on his way to prision at a future date.

I hope the members of Gazillion find jobs soon and ones without a constant crunch.

Playing: FFXIV
    Future: wishing for SWG 2, World of Warcraft Classic
    Played: Most current and extinct MMO's - 18 Years in....

Interesting Fact - I own 27 Tarantula's

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Wow so it was bad enough that they are just killing the game. Just wow.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Disney/Marvel is cutting ties with a bunch of companies it seems. Disney is going to start it's own streaming service so after Netflix 2019 contract is up you won't be able to watch any Disney/Marvel movies on Netflix..