Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warframe - With Plains of Eidolon, Warframe is Becoming the MMO We Always Wanted - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166

Warframe was always never marketed as an MMO, and PoE update changes nothing in this regard.

CORPG is more appropriate term IMO.

Because marketing has that long standing tradition of equating to truth.
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    edited October 2017

Torval said:

What makes the game hard to pick up for new players? Is there a steep learning curve? Most shooters I've played are fairly straight forward to start.

There is a lot of stuff fairly early on that goes beyond just shooting things, and I didn't find the game to be all that clear about.

Though there is a good amount of information available I found it to have a walloftextish feel to it, sort of like I was an ESL student immediately provided with the Oxford English Dictionary as my only study guide.
    [Deleted User]
  • BananaSoupBananaSoup Member UncommonPosts: 180
    My question is ( as new to both ): Play Warframe , or buy Destiny 2 ?
    Definitely Destiny 2. It's way more MMO'ish and has great PvE with raids, loot grind, tactics and additional PvP. Warframe is just a grinder.
    Kyleran
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878

Torval said:

Grunty said:

Torval said:

Thanks. Those are both really helpful bits of info.

My in-game name is GusTarbhal.

Thanks! This game keeps coming across my radar and it looks interesting. I will figure out a way to check this out.

@Torval
    If you find yourself liking this game a lot, be sure to PM me in game. My nick is AwasKenaPala.
    [Deleted User]

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • Quizar1973Quizar1973 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    Can you have more than one Tenno???
    No one shall Rent space in my head!!!!!  B)
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited November 2017
    Can you have more than one Tenno???
    There is only one avatar with one name per account.  There are over 40 different warframes that you can swap in and out of at any time you are not in a mission.  Tenno is the common name for warframe operators.
    [Deleted User]
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    I want to like Warframe, but I don't like any of the player characters, and many of them bend in odd ways. The combat I also find very chaotic and button mashy most of the time, with the weaker enemies seemingly randomly dying around you, then jumping to boss fights where you suddenly have to do exactly the right thing or die yourself. I think their choices there limit the potential appeal of the game.
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    I want to like Warframe, but I don't like any of the player characters, and many of them bend in odd ways. The combat I also find very chaotic and button mashy most of the time, with the weaker enemies seemingly randomly dying around you, then jumping to boss fights where you suddenly have to do exactly the right thing or die yourself. I think their choices there limit the potential appeal of the game.
    There is truth to what you said.  Someone who just logged in for the first time will more than likely have at least one if not three high level avatars in their groupings. 

Randomly dying mobs are not dying randomly but are being killed by an AOE damage aura some of the warframes have.  I know of at least two Defense mission sites that can almost be covered entirely by those AOE auras.   It can be very frustrating to run toward a mob and have it be killed just before you get there because the Ember warframe sitting on the defense point has maxed out their aura's strength and range. 

My solution in that instance is to just go stand by the Ember or other maxxed out WF and watch the mobs fall.  I then occasionally run around collecting the mob drops available to me.  It's either that or find a spot outside their Aura to get some direct kills in.  But that can be countered by the Ember who has also maxxed out their movement speed.

If you are inside the aura of any warframe you will get at least some shared credit for kills. You'll see the XP numbers popping up all around you.  You'll also have available to you copies of the mob drops.

Someone playing a Loki warframe can be an asshat by teleporting you a location they chose earlier in the maze you just ran through.  Someone playing a Gara WF can be an asshat, either by ignorance or willfully, by keeping their shield wall up and thus preventing you from shooting anything on the other side of that shield wall.  Another warframe has an aura that stops time for mobs and delays or stops you from damaging those mobs inside the aura. 

The game does not hold your hand.  Most players, at least in chat, are willing to answer questions that show you have attempted to figure out on your own.  But in a mission you might never even see the boss mob when it dies and ten seconds later you see the on screen message that a player is waiting on you at the exit.  Especially if you're using a Rhino Warframe.  Rhino is an excellent Warframe to pick up early but it is also the slowest WF in the game.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    My question is ( as new to both ): Play Warframe , or buy Destiny 2 ?
    Definitely Destiny 2. It's way more MMO'ish and has great PvE with raids, loot grind, tactics and additional PvP. Warframe is just a grinder.
    Tactics in Destiny? ok... bullet sponge mechanics are not tactics.

By the way, Warframe also has 4-8 player raids. Its called Law of Retribution and its great and has a lot more tactics any Destiny raids will ever have.

But i will not tell @Lobotomist to pic one or the other. He should try both and choose the one he likes the most.

I think Destiny one had a free trial. I'ts only a matter of time they add a free trial to Destiny 2. Warframe is F2P so there is nothing to lose. I can only say don't buy Destiny 2 without trying it first.

• AlexthepieAlexthepie Member CommonPosts: 1
    Just rejoined warframe in november made a small clan of 20 got a few prime frames ready for eidolon now we go do a part of a mission then go fishing to see who gets the biggest catch then do another mission piece and repeat the social aspect is often overlooked by reviewers a good clan is everything it can be your gateway to trades and missions and guidance