Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EA Wins Dubious Honor as Most Downvoted Reddit Post Ever for Star Wars Battlefront 2 - MMORPG.com

Comments

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    wow this thread
    postlarval

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• CazrielCazriel Member RarePosts: 419
    k61977 said:

The truth is 90% of those crying on Reddit about this would have found something else to cry about.  Today its loot boxes everyone cries about so they can get up votes, a year ago the kewl phrase was p2w, the year before that it was every AAA company is evil. 

The truth is forums official, reddit and even random forums like this those on these forums are the minority of gamers.  You go over to this thread on reddit and these idiots (yes thats what they are) are calling for a revolution in an effort to force 'another' video game crash.  The truth is video game sales continue to increase year after year and will continue to no matter how much they cry. 

The state of the video game (forums) community is at an all time worst.  The only thing that needs to happen is to have a crash of forums.   Before a developer gets rid of loot boxes I can see them getting rid of forums and having a dialog with the community because yes today most on forums are entitled, pathetic arm chair developers.  Those are the facts it may be hard for some to accept, it may not be the kewl thing to say on a forum and it may not politically correct to say but in the end it doesnt matter its 100% fact. 

So to sum this up.  This RNG loot box scheme is OK because:

• People complained about P2W and AA companies (which both ironically also apply here...)
    • Posters are idiots
    • The community is at "an all time worst"
    • Forum readers are entitled and pathetic

OK... you go with that argument.  Good luck!

Hmm well obviously you had some difficulty understanding my post. 

RNG loot boxes are OK because apparently more than the vocal minority on forums clearly like and accept them.

P2W and AAA companies were the hot topics over the last couple year on forums.  Yes not sure why that one was hard to understand. 

The posters on reddit crying thinking their tears will result in another video game crash in my opinion are idiots yes. 

Ok well its nice of you to leave out a major part here so let me just add it.  Yes the FORUM communities in video games are at an all time worse.  If you cant see that well you are just part of the problem. 

Wow I would give your reading skills about a 2 out of 10 here but the truth is you purposely tried to change what I said.  I said that most on forums (those posting) are entitled, pathetic arm chair developers again if you cant see this you are part of the problem.

Hey you keep up your crusade and we will see what gets the boot first.  Loot boxes that clearly the majority of players dont have a problem with or forums filled with people like you. 

I think he perfectly summed up most of what you said but he did it in few words to be exact. While I can agree there are a lot of people that do nothing but complain no matter what happens, it is never OK for a company to basically use tactics like these to try and force customers to buy more and more for a product they already bought. The rate of exchange for credits is a slap in the face to anyone that buys the game at this rate. You should be able to play a game to the fullest without outside purchases to completely unlock the game within a reasonable time frame. If it is indeed 60000 to unlock one character and you only receive 50 per match it would take a total of 1200 games to unlock one character, unless you were going to pony up more money on the product.

You are coming off sounding more like a dev yourself that is trying to say it is OK to bleed your customers. Yeah forums like this one don't really matter to much when it comes to games, that is what the official forums are for, but what happens when a person opens a thread to complain about stuff like this on most official forums, they get closed asap. Any bad press is bad for a company, even if it comes from a forum like this one. $40-60 might not be a drop in a hat to most devs but when that starts to multiply because of bad press it does matter. Just look at what has happened to Mass Effect as a good example.
    Actually, forums like this DO matter.  People come here to not only get news but share opinions and perspectives.  This is how opinions are formed and decisions are made.  This is why the Russian troll bots had such an effect on the US election.  People are influenced by the opinions of others. 
  • XxxusernametakenxxxXxxusernametakenxxx Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Maybe you should practice your reading comprehension skill by reading for forum rules. 

Let the hate flow through you pal. It's really amazing you have let some random forum poster impact your life like I have.  
    Pointing to forum rules because I hurt your feelings by pointing out the obvious takeaway from your response?  Those tears are extra salty.

I told you I mentioned lots of folks on this forums (because, its, y'know, a discussion forum for users to converse with one another regarding gaming), you responded by saying "you didn't just reply to me, you mentioned me!" /facepalm. There's the reading comprehension fail.

You then restated your argument about not causing a crash or eliminating loot boxes, (which is a red herring) as if it were in some way applicable to this specific article.  To help you out, I'll define it (courtesy of Merriam-Webster):

Red herring (n.) - something that distracts attention from the real issue

This article was about the ludicrous costs of unlocking heroes causing predatory pressure on gamers to spend on MTs.  Community backlash got them to back off those ridiculous numbers.  Your argument about eliminating loot boxes entirely and causing a video game crash if it didn't happen is a red herring, because the issue was about the predatory pricing and currency rate for playing, not about causing a video game crash or eliminating loot boxes entirely.  You used that red herring to wholesale label anyone who agrees the pricing is predatory and claim your victory in "facts".  Which is why you've been LOL'd and corrected more than once in this thread.

There.  Now, you can no longer even hide behind ignorance.  You're welcome.
    Well at least your name is very fitting Maddy.  I've never experienced someone on the forums who has completely gone off the deep end over another posters as fast as you did.  The only 'red herring' here is you.  

Oh my a bunch of EA haters like you who go insane when someone comes into their safe space and points out facts that doesn't suit their agenda and bias LoL me!!!  Oh my what will I ever do.  Sorry pal I don't come to a forum desperately seeking  upvotes and to feel included by a bunch of strangers like you clearly do.  

It's going to be ok buddy take a deep breath and step outside for a bit.  All the name calling and kicking and screaming you are doing won't change my points in here today are just as much facts and reality as they were yesterday.  It's just the way it is. Now continue your 'red harring' , name calling and insults I guess @SBFord and the rest at MMORPG only slap people on the hand if that poster disagrees with them.  
    MadFrenchieIselingrimal
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I don't know how EA keeps messing up. It's actually crazy. It seems like they are going out of their way to mess up every step of the way right now. They give out review copies of the game then change the base game amounts to be a lot higher, thinking people wouldn't know that? Then they lower the cost after the absolute storm of negativity surrounding it, but then lower the rewards to match the lower cost essentially leaving it in the same position thinking people wouldn't notice that? Then they schedule an AMA tomorrow? Are they crazy? 
    MadFrenchie
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Maybe you should practice your reading comprehension skill by reading for forum rules. 

Let the hate flow through you pal. It's really amazing you have let some random forum poster impact your life like I have.  
    Pointing to forum rules because I hurt your feelings by pointing out the obvious takeaway from your response?  Those tears are extra salty.

I told you I mentioned lots of folks on this forums (because, its, y'know, a discussion forum for users to converse with one another regarding gaming), you responded by saying "you didn't just reply to me, you mentioned me!" /facepalm. There's the reading comprehension fail.

You then restated your argument about not causing a crash or eliminating loot boxes, (which is a red herring) as if it were in some way applicable to this specific article.  To help you out, I'll define it (courtesy of Merriam-Webster):

Red herring (n.) - something that distracts attention from the real issue

This article was about the ludicrous costs of unlocking heroes causing predatory pressure on gamers to spend on MTs.  Community backlash got them to back off those ridiculous numbers.  Your argument about eliminating loot boxes entirely and causing a video game crash if it didn't happen is a red herring, because the issue was about the predatory pricing and currency rate for playing, not about causing a video game crash or eliminating loot boxes entirely.  You used that red herring to wholesale label anyone who agrees the pricing is predatory and claim your victory in "facts".  Which is why you've been LOL'd and corrected more than once in this thread.

There.  Now, you can no longer even hide behind ignorance.  You're welcome.
    Well at least your name is very fitting Maddy.  I've never experienced someone on the forums who has completely gone off the deep end over another posters as fast as you did.  The only 'red herring' here is you.  

Oh my a bunch of EA haters like you who go insane when someone comes into their safe space and points out facts that doesn't suit their agenda and bias LoL me!!!  Oh my what will I ever do.  Sorry pal I don't come to a forum desperately seeking  upvotes and to feel included by a bunch of strangers like you clearly do.  

It's going to be ok buddy take a deep breath and step outside for a bit.  All the name calling and kicking and screaming you are doing won't change my points in here today are just as much facts and reality as they were yesterday.  It's just the way it is. Now continue your 'red harring' , name calling and insults I guess @SBFord and the rest at MMORPG only slap people on the hand if that poster disagrees with them.  
    No, they're just pretty good at sniffing out trolls.

As for your comments that I'm somehow raging...  I already addressed that through my reaction to your post.

Go on now, you've been wholly rebuked.  Take that L on into next week when you plan to, again, bring up the red herring via sales numbers.  We'll all still be here to LOL you once again.
    ByrgenarHofengrimal

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Oh look he's still not "out now." Can we trust anything this guy says? :)
    ByrgenarHofen
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    I keep trying but your little buddy keep running his mouth.  Its scary someone like him can get this worked up I know I embarrassed him  multiple times but come on.  You two seem to be bff's maybe  you should pat him on the head and tell him it will be ok.  Make sure you two "lol" this post and the three others who "lol" kinda of weird you guys find that so important.  
    MadFrenchiegrimal
    Iselin said:
    I keep trying but your little buddy keep running his mouth.  Its scary someone like him can get this worked up I know I embarrassed him  multiple times but come on.  You two seem to be bff's maybe  you should pat him on the head and tell him it will be ok.  Make sure you two "lol" this post and the three others who "lol" kinda of weird you guys find that so important.  
    You should stick to your guns and act according to your convictions. Saying "I'm out" is optional but once you play that card and then not follow through, well that's like an 8 year old running away from home but then coming back an hour later for supper because he's hungry.
    ByrgenarHofenk61977grimal
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    Spoken with classic forum angst.  Yet, I'm the one raging.  I'll give you your LOL for that one.  You earned it.
    ByrgenarHofenSlapshot1188grimal

edited November 2017
    Iselin said:
    Iselin said:
    You should stick to your guns and act according to your convictions. Saying "I'm out" is optional but once you play that card and then not follow through, well that's like an 8 year old running away from home but then coming back an hour later for supper because he's hungry.
    I get you guys like to act like cowardly bullies and are free to so on this site but I would have stayed away until your bff kept running his mouth.  This site clearly would not stop the coward from trying to bully and harass me and they allow you and slap to pile on so I had no other alternative but to defend myself from a bunch of bullies hiding behind a computer after I said I was out.  Again facts that don't suit your agenda and bias but facts none the less. 
    grimal
    Iselin said:
    Iselin said:
    I get you guys like to act like cowardly bullies and are free to so on this site but I would have stayed away until your bff kept running his mouth.  This site clearly would not stop the coward from trying to bully and harass me and they allow you and slap to pile on so I had no other alternative but to defend myself from a bunch of bullies hiding behind a computer after I said I was out.  Again facts that don't suit your agenda and bias but facts none the less. 
    Let that be a learning experience for your future forum wars: never say "I'm out" when you're in the middle of a fight unless you're willing to do it no matter what.
    ByrgenarHofengrimal

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    I don't think the post was worthy of the worst reddit post of all time but it's definitely sad how beneficial microtransactions are in a full priced game. At least they aren't completely getting away with it for once.
    edited November 2017
    Iselin said: see
    Iselin said:
    Iselin said:
    Let that be a learning experience for your future forum wars: never say "I'm out" when you're in the middle of a fight unless you're willing to do it no matter what.
    Let this be a lesson I don't need advice from some guy that has 10,000 post on some random website.  That's definitely not something most people would be wow'd over.
    grimal
    Iselin said:
    Iselin said:
    Let this be a lesson I don't need advice from some guy that has 10,000 post on some random website.  
    No, you clearly do need it. If credibility is something important to you that is... maybe it isn't?
    Gdemamigrimal

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

edited November 2017
    Iselin said:
    Iselin said:
    Iselin said:
    Let this be a lesson I don't need advice from some guy that has 10,000 post on some random website.  
    No, you clearly do need it. If credibility is something important to you that is... maybe it isn't?
    Credibility from a bunch of bullies who harass other posters on some random video game site to make  themselves feel better is definitely not something I'm concerned with.  

Make sure you lol Maddy 
    Iselin said:
    Iselin said:
    Iselin said:
    Credibility from a bunch of bullies who harass other posters is definitely not something I'm concerned with.  

Make sure you lol Maddy 
    So why are you here posting away if the community's opinion of your credibility is beneath you? We get you're another internet tough guy, but have some standards dude.
    ByrgenarHofengrimal

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

edited November 2017
    Iselin said:
    Iselin said:
    Iselin said:
    Credibility from a bunch of bullies who harass other posters on some random video game site to make  themselves feel better is definitely not something I'm concerned with.
    And yet you spent the first half of your time in this thread demanding that people see that you're spouting "facts".

Indeed.
    ByrgenarHofengrimal

Iselin said:
    Iselin said:
    Iselin said:
    Iselin said:
    Credibility from a bunch of bullies who harass other posters is definitely not something I'm concerned with.  

Make sure you lol Maddy 
    So why are you here posting away if the community's opinion of your credibility is beneath you? We get you're another internet tough guy, but have some standards dude.
    Because the fab five downvote/disagree/lol every one of my post doesn't mean the entire community.  Just you guys.  And I wasn't aware I had to check in with some dude who thinks he's cool cause he has 10,000 post before I can post.  Is that a rule here?  Obviously they allow those with 10,000 post to bully, harass and attack without any fear of moderation.  

Internet tough guy?  That's funny coming from a bully harassing and attacking  another poster.  
    Iselingrimal
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    The tone and posting style is very familiar I think the mods should check the IP of this poster. I think it is on one of the banned accounts.
    Slapshot1188grimal
    Chamber of Chains
    edited November 2017
    cheyane said:
    The tone and posting style is very familiar I think the mods should check the IP of this poster. I think it is on one of the banned accounts.
    Yeah I was thinking that Iselin and Maddy sounded similar.  I also found it weird they take turns with their attacks. 
    MadFrenchiegrimal
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Iselin said:
    Iselin said:
    Iselin said:
    Iselin said:

Make sure you lol Maddy 
    Because the fab five downvote/disagree/lol every one of my post doesn't mean the entire community.  Just you guys.  And I wasn't aware I had to check in with some dude who thinks he's cool cause he has 10,000 post before I can post.  Is that a rule here?  Obviously they allow those with 10,000 post to bully, harass and attack without any fear of moderation.  

Internet tough guy?  That's funny coming from a bully harassing and attacking  another poster.  
    despite the overwhelming flame wars going on with many threads, and despite my attempts to get things back on tract. I was the one who was banned and not the people giving me trouble.

I say that because I am one of those 10,000 posters.

I have no idea how the moderators do their job but it appears to be completely random
    postlarval

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• BMBenderBMBender Member UncommonPosts: 827
    TBH I always avoid games that confuse grind with gameplay regardless if they have a nickel / dime payment approach.   I've always been of the opinion if the gameplay is good people will find a way to pay for it, but if your(the developer) are husltin to squeeze every cent your likely in the wrong career field.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited November 2017
    SEANMCAD said:
    I have no idea how the moderators do their job but it appears to be completely random
    The thing is, don't let them drag you down onto their level....
    [Deleted User]
    cheyane said:
    Yeah I was thinking that Iselin and Maddy sounded similar.  I also found it weird they take turns with their attacks. 
    Oh no, you read that, @Iselin???  He's onto us(me/you????)!  We've (You've/I've?!?!) been exposed!

BTW: the credibility issue you seem to care nothing about is what allows mods to make educated decisions about who instigates and trolls on the forums and requires moderation.
    IselinByrgenarHofen

cheyane said:
    Oh no, you read that, @Iselin???  He's onto us(me/you????)!  We've (You've/I've?!?!) been exposed!

BTW: the credibility issue you seem to care nothing about is what allows mods to make educated decisions about who instigates and trolls on the forums and requires moderation.
    Let's examine who started what in this thread:

These are quotes from his very first post here (post #9 on page 1 for the curious):

those crying on Reddit

so they can get up votes

and these idiots (yes thats what they are)

today most on forums are entitled, pathetic arm chair developers

Totally disrespectful, condescending and insulting anyone who has negative opinion on what EA is doing.

So who did start this shit? 

GdemamiByrgenarHofenTalonsinJamesGoblink61977grimal

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED