Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Plains of Eidolon - First Impressions - TheHiveLeader - Warframe Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2017 in Videos Discussion

imagePlains of Eidolon - First Impressions - TheHiveLeader - Warframe Videos - MMORPG.com

With Warframe: Plains of Eidolon, the game is going open world! That is something that caught TheHiveLeader's attention. Hence, it's time to jump back into Warframe once again and get a few hours in with the Plains of Eidolon. Let's space ninja it up!

Read the full story here

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Man alive,that movement alone is enough to keep me away.
    3 player instant map ,no thanks,so much for open world.

That map where everything looked blue,was real bad,like some amateur mapping with one color lighting.

Looks to me like some new young kids working on this game,with goofy ideas like that movement.
    RhygarthvelimiriusunfilteredJWguizicaAeander

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• indrctindrct Member UncommonPosts: 86
    Didn't Plains of Eidolon come out like the beginning October?
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Got some error messages so never could get the game to even install. Life goes on...
    AlexanderVendi

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    It's always nice to see a good game keep progressing, one thing i can say about warframe is that it came from nothing and a lot of passion, desire to fulfill its playerbase dreams, ofc all within the limited resources tgey have. I think it's very unlikely to ever have a true open world in warframe without a 1 million kick starter as adding such a feature will require a lot of changes to how the base game works, correct me if I'm wrong please.
    guizica

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

Wizardry said:

That map where everything looked blue,was real bad,like some amateur mapping with one color lighting.

Looks to me like some new young kids working on this game,with goofy ideas like that movement.

lol, actually, that is what the world looks like when light gets low.
    something you might not now from your main stream mmos, who are all in pretty flashy lights (even at bloody nights).

also, those maps are for 4 players, since that is the normal team size in warframe, unless you raid, and quite frankly, what made you think we wanted to wait 2 hours for a mob spawn, to then get it camped by some max lvl?! this ain't no mmo, it's an open zoned map. learn the difference.

if you don't wanna play it, fine, no one forces you and it doesn't sound like your hate is in a good place among the tenno anyway, we only hate grineers. they are smelly!
    Tyseriesetsua28Str8HellvelimiriusShinobeLackingMMOunfilteredJWguizicaHakureiRyxesand 1 other.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• AlpiusAlpius Member UncommonPosts: 247
    I just cant get over how you are unable to zoom out a bit. it feels like your character takes up half the screen, i dunno always bugged me i guess.
    guizica
  • AlexanderVendiAlexanderVendi Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Been trying to install this game for the past 2 days .. can't get it to patch sadly!
  • Str8HellStr8Hell Member UncommonPosts: 30

Gisrie said:

I just cant get over how you are unable to zoom out a bit. it feels like your character takes up half the screen, i dunno always bugged me i guess.

Max FOV is 78 i believe... If you already didn't bump it up at options/video settings. Cheers
  • SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    Robot tree.. hehe

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    A tip to reduce overwhelming blue lighting is to disable color correction in option menu.

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    edited November 2017

Wizardry said:

Has never played the game yet concludes it's shit. Yup, same old response form this guy. Do you enjoy any game or is the game you enjoy the most is complaining about everything you see?
    Konfess

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    Ginaz said:

Wizardry said:

Has never played the game yet concludes it's shit. Yup, same old response form this guy. Do you enjoy any game or is the game you enjoy the most is complaining about everything you see?
    i can say, its pretty much shit. And ive played it. This update didnt make the game better, in fact it shows that openworld doesnt work for this kind of game- since everything around it was designed for hubs. The open world is empty and boring.
    Aeander
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    Originally tried it out years ago on PC, but forgot my login info >< ... I've been playing this on PS4 more recently. I agree it's most direct comparable is Destiny in terms of gameplay, but it's closer to Diablo in terms of core mechanic loop.

You grind (a lot) for gear. Your level doesn't mean nearly as much as how you have improved your gear, which pretty much only occurs over time, and occurs naturally as a result of playing the game. There are enough varied environments and missions that the grinding doesn't get too repetitive (at least for me) so long as I don't sit down and do long marathon sessions.

The FOV/player taking up most of the screen does get to me a bit, in certain environments it bugs me, I can definitely see that. The thing that bugs me most though - game has an automatic group queue (which is optional). Now, I love the queue, don't get me wrong there. The issue is that other players, who have been playing for a long time, just rush. And by rush, I can run non stop and still can't keep up with them, even if I don't shoot at anything. I tend to spend more of my time just solo, so I can take the time to go explore the environments (and break open any and every thing).
    [Deleted User]LackingMMO
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    Warframe is probably(just my opinion don't kill me) the best and most solid TRUE f2p game. I didn't feel forced or a need to buy anything. You (when I played, don't know about today) can get anything and everything in the game pretty easy with some work.

I do think that the videos make the movement look wonky but when your playing you get use to the moves and it doesn't seem so crazy. I really need to replay this but id be so lost lol.
  • unfilteredJWunfilteredJW Member RarePosts: 388

Warframe is probably(just my opinion don't kill me) the best and most solid TRUE f2p game. I didn't feel forced or a need to buy anything. You (when I played, don't know about today) can get anything and everything in the game pretty easy with some work.

I do think that the videos make the movement look wonky but when your playing you get use to the moves and it doesn't seem so crazy. I really need to replay this but id be so lost lol.

I'll second this bit on the movement. When I first started, I was terrible. Now I ninja through levels and it feels natural.

I'm a MUDder. I play MUDs.

Current: Dragonrealms

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    M'eh. Loved the closeup of the gazelle though :0)
  • etharnetharn Member UncommonPosts: 152
    Load times for me are horrendous. I wish I could enjoy it haha. But going from city to open world or city to drop ship literally takes my PC a couple minutes to load.

A man who fears nothing is a man who loves nothing; and if you love nothing, what joy is there in your life?

• CazrielCazriel Member RarePosts: 419
    I'm not really a FPS gamer at all, but I enjoy the heck out of Warframe. Haven't had a chance to try the new expansion yet, so very much looking forward to that.
  • APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 543
    Warframe is hands down one of the best f2p games currently on the market. You haven't really seen anything yet, until you've at least put in a couple hundred hours into it, and even than most of the playerbase would still consider you a noob.

The game can seem very complicated and overwhelming to some new players, as the game seems to cater more towards the vets.

The community is also one of the best online communities I've seen. Got the chance to meet a few of the devs and some players during Pax East 2017. Almost all of the people I talked to there were super dedicated and friendly. If a game can grow big enough to have its own convention (Tennocon), than you know there's gotta be something special about it.

• bwwianakievbwwianakiev Member UncommonPosts: 119

Actually, Heroes Of the Storm, imo has the best f2p model
    KullusQuizar1973
  • BAGELMENSKBAGELMENSK Member CommonPosts: 2

A tip to reduce overwhelming blue lighting is to disable color correction in option menu.

Yeah "Color Correction" is a joke, makes me want to puke whenever I have it on XD.

But can you trade premium currency with other players???? :P

Wizardry said:

Lol, the movement is half the reason why the game is so good. If what you saw puts you off I think you should get your own hands on it, might be better then.

Either way you dont HAVE to move like a ninja with spasms, you can always just walk around if you want.

As for the coloring, yeah, the "color Correction" in this game is a joke, I think he had it turned on and it looks just flat out awful.
    Shinobe
  • BAGELMENSKBAGELMENSK Member CommonPosts: 2

Been trying to install this game for the past 2 days .. can't get it to patch sadly!

You may need to run as administrator, and if you cant get it working off their official site maybe try it on Steam (or vice versa).

I find that most of the times I launch it I have to give my admin password to give it the priveleges it needs, its annoying but I live with it.
  • kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    Warframe is a great game, fun and challenge combined with depth. In a time where games are generally not impressing me very much (especially mmos), this one is a beacon in the dark.
    One of the very few games which f2p monetization I can accept. An example of actual horizontal progression that works.

One thing to notice is that 95% of the game is hidden and the ONLY way to learn all the weird mechanics is to read the wiki (read a lot, then read some more), hell even just completing most quests require youtube/wiki guides. Knowledge is the key to success and progressing, and using logic and ingame observations will not get you far.

So, I am back in warframe for the x'th time, but so far I haven't touched Plains of Eidolon, so I can't comment on that experience. I am still grinding faction, finishing some leftover quests, farming relics for that last elusive warframe drop, and just got to mastery rank 9.. after that I will check out the plains which is as I am told endgame and frankly I am not that good (skilled, knowledgable, geared) yet, but getting there.

If grind is a badword for you.. if you believe moments of frustration should not be a part of gaming.. or that a game should not hide stuff or content gate stuff from you .. then Warframe is not for you. For me, that just lures me in further and makes me want to try harder.
  • Quizar1973Quizar1973 Member UncommonPosts: 251

Seriously???? HotS?????? With lootboxes???? All I have to say is.....Fuckin LOOTBOXES.....Get the fuck out of here!!!!!......LOL
    No one shall Rent space in my head!!!!!  B)