Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars Battlefront II's Progression is a Good Start - Not So MMO - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageStar Wars Battlefront II's Progression is a Good Start - Not So MMO - MMORPG.com

In recent weeks, I wrote about the initial implementation of loot crate-based progression in SWBF2 and weighed in on EA’s changes to that system in response to the overwhelming negative feedback it got, but now that I can actually look at the launch version of the game for myself, I wanted to share my findings.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136
    I hope those fine with the pay to win mechanics still prevalent in the game enjoy it. I also hope that the vast majority of people skip this one to send a message. ( Good luck on that )
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    It's a shame but they know people will pay it. They keep quoting that someone spent $15000 on Mass Effect Multiplayer Cards. They see most MMO Crowdfunding with $5K and 10K levels and people buying them. If that's your thing enjoy but not a penny for buying stuff that should already be in the game, EA.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    This is all well and good, but will they have a better way to ban hackers in this game? The first one is unplayable in multi-player now regardless of how you are geared.
    [Deleted User]
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Tiller said:

This is all well and good, but will they have a better way to ban hackers in this game? The first one is unplayable in multi-player now regardless of how you are geared.

I honestly don't know, but I hope so. This is my most pressing concern as well.
    [Deleted User]
  • ScarranScarran Member UncommonPosts: 102
    edited November 2017
    I would love to know how they are going to deal with afk'rs. When you reward people equally due to time based in game rather than skill then it is open for abuse.

I expect alot of people will find a way to repeatedly log their character into a match and just leave him doing nothing to make up for the loot box price hike. Since there is zero difference in credits awarded for someone with 60 kills and someone with zero kills then I will be shocked if it doesn't turn into afk wars.

Been around pvp games that much that anytime someone can abuse a particular mechanic they will. For me I am staying away from this game as there is too much i've seen that I dislike about it.